Speedport W500V english help required

TimUK

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello everybody,

I am new to Berlin and do not yet speak German. I have a new T-Online account and would like to ask for assistance with configuring my Speedport W500V router.

I am trying to configure it to operate with www.internetcalls.com (sip.internetcalls.com) and have access to the router configuration page on 192.168.2.1

I understand that the router is made my Hitachi. Is this correct? Can anybody tell me what Hitachi model it is?

Is there an English language firmware available for this router.

Thanks,

Tim

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks, I did see that site but that is firmware of 89MB ! Is this the source code? I can't imagine that the Speedport has that mnuch firmware memory.

This package contains complete Development Kit to compile your own firmware for your router.

I am a pretty good low-level C++ programmer but even so I am not sure that I want to develop my own software for the Speedport W500V. I just have a problem getting to work reliably with my VoIP provider and as I don't speak German I wanted english firmware so that I could be sure that I have configured the device properly.

Hi,

take a dictionary... it is really easy to configure this router and even without understanding a single word, i could configure it; i think :)

And...there is no english rom avaible.

Greetz

I have managed to configure the VoIP on the Speedport W500V and think I have the settings OK but my problem is that I cannot get a reliable incoming connection using InternetCalls.com. However, VoIP calls I make to landlines work perfectly.

Even when the calling party is also using InternetCalls.com, they cannot connect to me. I have tried with the calling party directly entering my present (dyanamic) IP address; no success at all, or entering my InternetCalls dial-in number; some success, they can connect for 3 seconds before the line cuts.

It may not be a problem with the Speedport configuration but my calling parties have no problem connecting with other users so my setup appears suspicious.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I had the SP 500 before, with the same problems you have. Now t-com gave me the 501, and it works perfektly. I think the reason is that you can not write your username in the 500, as only numbers are okay for this device. Instead of getting mad with the micky-mouse 500 router, try to swap it like I did. :phone:

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
jack-mack
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.