New Forum Rules

darbid

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
Forum Managers

You have recently made it mandatory that all members accept the forum rules.

When a current member tries to make a post they get a German message and have to navigate to agree.

People who do not speak German will never understand the rules anyway so why not make it easier to agree to the rules. Old members must just click one button or something.

Otherwise you will be effectively discouraging every non german speaking person from making posts. I hope that is not your intention.

you should not complain, even for germn speaking users it is very annoying.
The first 3 or 4 times I want to post a reply to something I also got this message about accepting new rules. Unfortunately this simple message is only the size of 2 or 3 A4-pages, even german speaking members do not like to read it :(
I would suggest a popup-messages for exisiting members directly after login. And I think a text with a maximum of 10 words should be enough - perhaps 2 lines, one in german and one in english
:)

even for germn speaking users it is very annoying.

Well annoying is one thing. We can complain about that but the managers of the forum are the managers of the forum. For non-german speaking people they will not understand it, never be able to work out how to agree and thus never be able to post again.

I would suggest a popup-messages for exisiting members directly after login. And I think a text with a maximum of 10 words should be enough - perhaps 2 lines, one in german and one in english
:)
At least that would mean that non german speaking people would understand why they can nolonger post. But it will not solve the problem of then agreeing to the new rules.

Remember when they get to the place where they have to agree they will never understand the rules anyway.

Okay, let's see what we can do here. At least I'll put an english version of the instructions online on how to accept the new rules.

At least that would mean that non german speaking people would understand why they can nolonger post.
But the error message why you can't post anymore is already in english -- if you've switched the forum language to english in your UserCP ;)

And of course it's not our intention to discourage anyone of posting here. :)

rajo schrieb:
Okay, let's see what we can do here. At least I'll put an english version of the instructions online on how to accept the new rules.
That would be fantastic. thank you

rajo schrieb:
But the error message why you can't post anymore is already in english -- if you've switched the forum language to english in your UserCP ;)

Mine is set to English and I got all german messages. Just so you know.

darbid schrieb:
That would be fantastic. thank you

I hope my english isn't too horrible and one can understand the following:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?p=612340#post612340

Mine is set to English and I got all german messages. Just so you know.
Interesting.... but then, if you are not a member of the public usergroup for accepting the new rules, you should see an english error message if you try to post... This at least works for me if I try this.
If you refer to the forum rules in the UserCP (the loooong text when you're joining the usergroup) -- these are not (yet?) in english.

Ahhh that is probably my problem. The window is not full size so you only see the german text. You have to scroll down to get to the english.

May I suggest at the beginning "scroll down to read in english"

David

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.