Twintel/TC300 "WLAN nicht bereit" und Speicherprobleme

eglinger

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo Twintel-Gemeinde,

seit einigen Tagen findet mein Twintel (FW 99c Arcor, jetzt schon seit fast einem Monat erfolgreich betrieben) kein WLAN mehr. Egal ob "WLAN bevorzugt" oder "nur WLAN" eingestellt wird: bei der SSID-Suche kommt immer nur die Meldung "WLAN nicht bereit". Auch Werksreset (über Menü oder ###810#) hilft nicht weiter. :confused:

Kann mir irgendjemand helfen oder hat(te) ähnliche Probleme?

Ich vermute, dass es mit einem anderen Phänomen zusammenhängen könnte, das zeitgleich aufgetreten ist:
Nach einem ###810#-Reset wurden zwar Bilder, Musik und Kontakte gelöscht, aber nach dem Start waren noch alle Anrufe in den Listen (ein-, ausgehend + verpasst). Nach manuellem Löschen der Listen waren auch wie erwartet alle weg, aber nach dem nächsten Neustart - waren alle Anrufe wieder da !!! :eek:

Und Firmware neuaufspielen geht auch nicht, da es schon nach 3% Übertragung mit "Speicher voll" abbricht :mad: Hab schon alles versucht, mit alter und neuer Firmware, und alle Anrufe, Nachrichten etc. gelöscht, nix zu machen.

Habe seitdem ein paar GSM-Gespräche geführt, die auch in den Anruflisten stehen. Aber nach jedem Neustart ist die Liste wieder so wie sie vor dem WLAN-Blackout war. Woher hat das Twintel von einem Tag auf den anderen nur so ein seltsames Gedächtnis bekommen?

Irgendwie muss die 99c-Firmware ein Problem mit der Speicherverwaltung haben, glaub ich...
Irgendwelche LÖSUNGSVORSCHLÄGE ?????

Vielen Dank und Grüße,
eglinger

@eglinger,

ich hatte ein ähnliches Problem mit dem Aufspielen einer neuen Software, ich hatte einen Garantiefall und musste von .99 auf die .63 der tcom zurückflashen. Ich habe dann als erstes mit dem Arcor-Utility die Pirelli fw geflasht, dann mit dem Pirelli-Utility die Tcom fw, nach mehrenen Versuchen (speicher voll, wie bei Dir) hat es dann endlich doch noch geklappt, vielleicht ist es einen Versuch wert.

gruss jennerwein

Tc300 speicher voll

hi there, I'm italian and I can't speak german :(
But I had a problem with my tc300 twintel and this forum seems to be the best palce for an help request:

After an upgrade to the last arcor firmware (99c acr) the memory is definitively full, there's no space for kamera pics, sounds and so on, but not only:
I cannot up or downgrade the FW, because at 3% of the process it gives me an interruption message for memory full.

Every time i restart the phone, it forgets all the wlan and sip settings, and the language prefs....

I tried many times to make every kind of resets, with many combinations such as ####810# (that restarts the phone) or ####4444# (nothing seems to happen...) but nothing.

I have no pics, contacts or sound, the phone is brand new, my need was only to have 2 sip profiles available, but now is impossible to do nothing.... :(

Any suggestion?
Thank you giuseppe

p.s. only the .91 version FW seems to load, but every time it goes to 21% it stops with the memory full message :(

@c0ke
I can confirm the same problem with my TC300. The problem clearly started with the 99c that I had put on the device. It seems that .99c has a problem with its memory management.

Resetting doesn't seem to work properly, as the memory problem remains.

I got out of the situation by downgrading to the original Dt. Telekom Firmware .63 using the TCOM Tool ... I think the reason is the size of the respective FW:

PU_D910.0.3.63.img with has 4456 KB
PU_D910.0.3.98f_PG1.img with 4946 KB
PU_D910.0.3.99c_ACR.img with 5116 KB

At the moment I can flash the Pirelli and Dt. Telekom FW both below 5MB.
Suggest you try the Telekom FW, which is the smallest in size.

The memory problem still remains though ...

Regards
dynamic

ouh, thats a dangerous practice interrupting a firmware update with a instant SW-NMI reset, c0ke. do it at the wrong time and you get a corrupted boot image leaving the device dead 4E4, remember the tc-300 must boot again to flash again, this is not done by the utility. pure russian roulette.

reason for the aborts are checksum errors due to that crap usbserial-bridge chip: see reverse engineered http://www.etheus.net/CP210x_Linux_Driver docs in linux 2.6
seems the window$ drivers include the crappy manufacturer released code leading to corrupted usb-transfers but still suitable for images and soundfiles. thats the reason why arcor has chosen the inet update way.
many manufacturers have abandonded this crap manufacturer in newer designs, yet. trying different driver versions and reboots help.

there's no memory problem, the message is just a default error message from lazy and embedded programmers which have no memory space for ergonomy, they just need a blocking signal back to the utility ;)

flashing .63 -> "sipgate" pirelli FW with the t-com -utility .25 worked after some more tries. .23 version is not needed. device is still accessible with the t-com utility and the sipgate provided pirelli utility.

my sip accounts work fine now in h long in-/outbound calls test. most people here suffer from voip-incompatible embedded wlan-boxes as I see. get real routers, guys and your network probs are gone.

y
woppr

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
For WOPRR:

Do you speak spanish? Well, this is my problem: I have a TC300, buyed to YA.COM (ADSL provider in Spain, T-Deutsche Telekom). I have configured a Brazil SIP provider and I recieve calls, but I can't make it. I'm trying to sniffing the host, but I have problems with the sniffer software.
May be the phone puts an extension in front of my call (telephone number)? The message I see is 'Forbidden'. In other case, do you know any software for sniffing the TC300 (wifi, preferred)?

to less information from You. pls give url of the homepage of the brazil provider, have You called their support? "forbidden" can occur on a STUN/NAT problem or provider resrictions (have You paid?). what are You trying to sniff? network traffic? on what OS? which host? no extension. wifi sniffers are kismet and airodump-ng. traffic sniffers are ethereal, wireshark, iptraf... use linux to sniff, most window$ ndis-drivers cant do promiscous mode.

thank you woprr for the reply!

Yess I know, it's a risk to interrupt any system upgrade process, but I had no alternatives.

Now my situation is the same. After the trick I posted, for 2 weeks my tc300 worked fine, with a .99c_acr modified for more than one SIP account.

Few days ago, something's gone bad and my phone's back in the memory-full problem: I can't make a photo, save a sms, upgrade the FW and every time it shut down it forgets all kinds of prefs.

No way to downgrade the FW, everytime after 4 seconds at 0% it stops. Only the .63s3 version comes at 21% after a minute before suspending the operation. And I tried also, like you said, with the pirelli version .98f_pg1: nothing appens, 4 seconds, 0% and the error-popup. I tried with the utility vesrsions 3.28 and 3.25 too.
I'm so frustrated also for the fact that I'm a mac user and every time I must spend a lot of my time trying to upgrade froma any pc of my friend's...

What could I do now? A try with a 3.23 version could help?
Please help me!

p.s. Is possible to upgrade the FW wireless way?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dear woprr.
The provider is www.vono.net.br (it provides a VOIP connection with local city phone number). I have contacted with them, asking a LOG file, because I can make calls with a software provided by VONO (I confirm no problems with NAT, I have configured my router with the TC300 IP, and yes, I have paid each month the service), but with TC300 phone I have only problems with send calls (not in call reception).
As I have Windows XP Professional, I have downloaded a LIVE CD Linux software for using and wifi sniffing the phone (the LIVE CD is the WIFISLAX 2.0, www.wifislax.com, based in SLAX OS version). I am now testing and I have the SIP protocol (I have downloaded). Well, if you have any idea, I will accept with no doubt.

Thank you and best regards

@c0ke
you could try from a own tftp server, but i fear Your trick damaged the uploaded firmware image that badly so the flash rom memory is filled up with crap now and every checksum attempt will fail and the backsignal to the utility will always raise the "default "OOM" error". sorry. maybe the flash chip can be rewritten with electronics lab equipment. if usb transfer corruption, pls check your usb hard+driversoftware. try the silabs driver i posted.

@isola
i try this provider next (i need babelfish or my brasilian neighbour to translate ). Youve double checked your sip username + password? correction: i got "forbidden" last time with ekiga with wrong sip account password.

woprr schrieb:
@c0ke
you could try from a own tftp server, but i fear Your trick damaged the uploaded firmware image that badly so the flash rom memory is filled up with crap now and every checksum attempt will fail and the backsignal to the utility will always raise the "default "OOM" error". sorry. maybe the flash chip can be rewritten with electronics lab equipment. if usb transfer corruption, pls check your usb hard+driversoftware. try the silabs driver i posted.

@woprr:
I don't know if you're right on the crap in the memory, but I could only say that the phone had run correctly after that trick for more than a week. Then something happens that has broken all.

I don't think that's only a transmission issue due to the crappy usb programation, because, as before the trick, the memory is not avaiable in the regoular use of the phone too (no way to use the camera, store mms/sms, ecc..) and every time I reset the phone it forgets all prefs.
No way to use the wap browser, it gives to me "not subscripted"......

Anyway I noticed a strange behaviour: when switching on again the phone, it remembers only the calls list of the last day it correctly functioned (weeks ago..) even if previously I delete it.... :noidea:

I tried to flash the FW with any utility from 3.25 and up, with all firmware versions and with my trick of ###810# during the img upload. Only the ya.com version .63s3 comes to 21% before it stops, the others stops at 0% (i don't know why).

I tried to built a new fw version from the pirelli sipgate one, calling it 10.0.4... nothing.
Also upgraded the drivers to the silab one you posted....

I tried with the engeneering mode "upgrade now", with a my own server, the phone does nothing, no changes....

I think the only way could be to bypass the m$ crap utility, maybe with the unix terminal and so.. (it seems to be a unix system on the phone, am I wrong?) but I don't have programation knowledges ecc..

Any idea? :mad: uuuhm... I could now use the phone hoping that it will never switch off, but sometimes it freezes the sip opeations and I must reset... so configure it again and again and again... d'oh :(

Damn ARCOR firmware!

really sorry, c0ke, shit happens :(

thx again for Your report
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=892193&postcount=9

if more people confirm, then we've got a big problem:
arcor fw .99c incompatible then with tc-300 (maybe H/W is different to versions without camera)

but I cannot reproduce Your issue with my tc-300 @ arcor .99c FW
all working fine here. did You try the super reset ###4444# ?

further possible cause could be H/W regression of the NAND flash by having flashed too often (guys, dont be "moron flashers" and go wild by flashing, try pirelli, then arcor, (with or without mods) DO NOT try to downgrade to an older version number! downgrades are not supported nowhere in software world!). the strange behaviour remembering settings may come from a defective SRAM.

have You setup the tftp server and client correctly? the .ini file on the tftp server? maybe try another tftp server daemon, in debian linux are 2 available.
or one of the window$ versions. dont rename Your own image file, backup the original instead.

ive patched the 2.6.21 silabs kernel driver with tc-300 usbid and tried already
with minicom over ttyUSB0 but the phone has no terminal service running,
it must be a trivial proprietary protocol, maybe sniffable with USB sniffers on window$ (snoopy, usbsnoop).
the OS is a proprietary broadcom mini embedded OS, no UNIX. and we have no people or resources to reverse engineer the firmware completely, remember it took years to reverse engineer broadcom wlan chips with heavy lab equipment like expensive pci extenders and with help of the whole linux community. impossible mission
at this time.

maybe ask the french guys at freephonie.org "support black" forums and linux usb webcam reverse engineers from the gspca, sane, gphoto projects e.g. for help reverse engineering the protocol. a french is already on research for writing a linux utility. but i think that will not solve Your problem.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
grrr.. thank you again... i think now i could only wait for an arcor upgrade... maybe it will be compatible...

;)

help

Hi,I'm from Italy too,so sorry for my poor english!
I bought a TC300 from ebay,but it's seems that it doesn't recognize any wifi signal
It say "WLAN nicht bereit"
I try to flash with PU_D910.0.3.99c_ACR.img,PU_D910.0.3.91_ACR.img,Dpl10-Flash R_3.99d_PIR_EN_DE.zip, PU_D910.0.3.98f_PG1.img

I try with ###4444# and ###810#, and I read every post on the forum but this mobile always say wlan not ready.

I don't undestand if for tftp I need wifi connection or by cable.
Can someone help me?
I want to put on the original firmware of tcom (63?? )
Do u have a link to downlaod this TCOM tool?

Tnx

use the spanish .63.s3 (see my "Warranty tip" thread for hints) if You want, but that will not solve your problem. t-com firmware may not be provided without express permission from t-com AG.
switch the phone to english language if youre not speaking german, first. menue->einstellungen->sprache

Dpl 10-Flash R_3.99d_PIR_EN_DE.zip
where did you get this? dont trust files from p2p, maybe logic bombs.

pls fill in your forum signature with your hardware network equipment.

the error you have comes from tc-300 wlan/ip misconfiguration or a mac filter or other non-wifi
security enabled wlan AP.

were missing a italian (sip)voip forum, if you find one with good expert staff, say it.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I buy online and I can't try any time this mobile
Dpl 10-Flash R_3.99d_PIR_EN_DE.zip is not a fake,i download from a page

I don't undestand use the spanish .63.s3 (see my "Warranty tip" thread for hints) if You want, but that will not solve your problem. t-com firmware may not be provided without express permission from t-com AG.

What is meaning warranty tip? do u have a link to this spanish firmware?
I've a fonera and a dlink wrl54gs and if I try to connect with a usb wifi stick WIFI works

@Flash83 Hi, can you do site survey to find WLAN Hotspots? Do you have "preferred network WLAN enabled"? If not and "WLAN nicht bereit" is your error message, then I guess your mobile is not working.

Tip: First change language to english. Use the symbol of "Einstellungen" (configure) then choose "Sprache" and select "English".

Then you need to select a SSID and your password in Security. Check the manual on how to do that: http://www.pirellibroadband.com/en_IT/browser/attachments/pdf/DP-L10_Eng.pdf

To flash a phone it is easiest to use the connect utility that came with the phone. There are some problems with it, but if you are lucky it should work. tftp is not needed and only for advanced user and mean windows.

The original .63 Firmware of german telekom has same major flaws, rendering it useless unless you want to use only products of german telekom e.g. t-online VoIP or Sinus TC300. You need it, if you want to claim warranty. Since version .63 is hard to get try .63s3 the spanish version. That was the hint of woprr.

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=142012

Take care

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
thanks for the reply to all
I can't select any ssid,when i go to SSID --> site survey it say wlan not ready
and if u put manual it can't work too

It's normal that in wln fw version (enginner menu ) it say 0.0.0.p0?
and it's normal that when I flash the mobil go slowly until 70% then finish immidiatly?

Tnx

Flash83 schrieb:
Dpl 10-Flash R_3.99d_PIR_EN_DE.zip is not a fake,i download from a page
do u have a link to this spanish firmware?

i dont believe that, theres no such .99d release, PN (private message over forum) me the link, pls, thx.
then I will point u to a place...

which firmware was it you flashed last?
dont use engineering mode, experts only. use ###520# to read out version.
yes, mobile internal flashing process ends before 100%, cause some blocks will not be updatet.
well, if site survey raises "wlan not ready" then youve got a defective device or defective firmware,
have you set wlan/settings->preffered network to "GSM only"? another cause maybe... but not with my firmware, msgbox "GSM Only" appears then.

EDIT: wb isurf ;) Du, ich glaub der flasht jetz tatsächlich die alte spanische drauf, ich wusste schon warum ich ihn nicht zum "warranty hint" thread verlinkt hab :grab:
das ist ein moron flasher!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.

IPPF im Überblick

Neueste Beiträge