ST780 - No callerID when using PSTN port

kanenas3

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi!

I have a ST780WL and apart the 2 Voip ports I also connected a landline to the PSTN port. This way it forwards the calls from the landline throught the 2 Voip ports. Now I only need one phone device for all three lines (2 Voip & 1 landline).

The problem I have is that when someone is calling me to the landline number I get no callerID. In order to use the 2 Voip lines I have to use specific user.ini and I found that there must be something in it that block CLID. If I do a hard reset the CLID works fine but I don't have the 2 Voip lines.

Any ideas how to correct this or at least what I'm looking for in the user.ini? I've tried various firmwares 6.2.17.5, 6.2.29.2 & 7.1.4.7 but no luck.

You can configure the speedtouch over telnet.

The feature you have to look for is:

Code:
:voice services provision type=clip
:voice services activate type=clip
:saveall

Question: Have you done a NEW configuration setup in the webinterface after the firmware update? Only on this way the latest basic settings are set.

I've tried it but nothing seems to happen...?

When I used the "Menu" command under telnet and activated clip the router restarted after sometime but still no CID!

Any idea on how I can add these command in the user.ini and in which session?

Thx!

Do a new SET-Up of your Speedtouch and than change the settings again and save them.

I've tried it Kalle2006 but still no CLID for the PSTN line! Thx!

What FW Version is installed now? Where (country) do you come from?

I know that I used the 780iWL in the past with CLID on PSTN calls. At the moment I have a new TG 787 installed.

I've tried various firmware versions like 6.2.17.5, 6.2.29.2 & 7.4.1.7 but all of them had the same problem.

I also received an email from Thompson telling:

Unfortunately it is not possible to have a VOIP setup on your modem and get a caller ID on your PSTN line. This is a hardware/software limitation and it is not possible to change this at the moment. In a future firmware this might be changed but it is unknown if this will ever happen. If you have a PSTN connection and no VOIP, it works fine, but as soon as you set up a VOIP connection, you lose this feature for the PSTN.

I have a Speedtouch 780iWL with the Firmware 6.2.29.2 and a phone line connected to PSTN and active VoIP Account from Lidl-Carpo. My testresult: I see the phone number on incoming PSTN calls.

I can confirm the problem with the calling phone number with the Speedtouch 716iv5, but not with the 780iWL.

How many VoIP accounts do you have, one or two???

The test was done with only one VoIP-Account.

Normally I'm using the new TG 787 now, but in the past the 780iWL was active for a long time and every day I saw the phone number of incoming calls over PSTN.

You gave me an idea! Maybe the CLID function has a two lines limit. I'll check if my assumption is correct and I'll report back! Thx!

Unfortunately, it didn't work...!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Which country do you come from?

Where do you get your firmware version 6.2.29.2?

I make a new test with 2 Speedtouch routers. 716iv5 and 780iWL. Both router reset to factory default and Set-Up as voice router. The testresult: 716iv5 without number at PSTN incoming call and the 780iWL with number at PSTN incoming call. I don't know why your 780WL is working different. From the 716iv5 i know that there is a bug in the software, but i can't confirm that for the 780iWL.

The firmware is used from the firmware archiv of www.speedtouchforum.de

Ok, that is the same version. I have no more idea yet. For me it is working fine.

Which country code do you use? There must be a difference somewhere...:confused:

For the test I'm changing nothing. All settings are default, configured with the set-up on the webinterface.

out of the voice.ini - section in the user.ini:
Code:
country config country=etsi

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.