SpeedPort V 920W flash firmware

kcuestag

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,

First of all, I am Kevin, and I am from Spain. I am currently living in Germany since a few months and I am having some difficulties, I am not sure if it's fine if I open the thread in English, but I would really need your help guys.

I have a Deutsche Telekom plan with Phone at home and a 16Mbit/1Mbit connection at home vdsl I think its called.

As a router/modem, I have a Speedport V 920W. My friend told me I could flash it with this firmware. But since I don't speak German, I was wondering if you could guys help me in English on how to flash my router to that firmware?

What are the main advantages of this firmware? I heard it fixes instability. I am also hoping it does have english menu, and as well, maybe lets more p2p connections? And does it let to do the 24 hour change IP anytime you want of the day? Like 6am?

I am really needing your help guys.

Hoping to hear from you. Thank you very much.

Kevin.

I have a Deutsche Telekom plan with Phone at home and a 16Mbit/1Mbit connection at home vdsl I think its called.
No, this is not VDSL, but ADSL2+.

As a router/modem, I have a Speedport V 920W. My friend told me I could flash it with this firmware.
Yes, you can flash your W920V with a FritzBox 7570 Firmware. For example, flashing it with the FW 75.04.76 is described in this tuturial (in German language).

However, 75.04.76 is a German firmware and does not offer an interface in English.
Therefore, an "international" Firmware, e.g. 75.04.78 or the IPv6 Lab Version 75.04.82-17599, would be more suitable for you.

And does it let to do the 24 hour change IP anytime you want of the day?
Yes, with the FritzBox Firmware this is possible.

I would recommend you to flash the firmware using the ruKernelTool.

Unfortunately, up to now the above mentioned Tutorial for flashing a W920V to a FritzBox 7570 is only available in German language (because W920V is primarily used in Germany).
As a hint on how to use the ruKernelTool, you can have a look at this tutorial: "Flashing a FritzBox 7170 using the ruKernelTool".

The "work flow" is as follows (just a rough summary):
1) Download and "Installation"
2) Run the ruKernelTool
3) Setup assistant (First start of ruKernelTool only)
4) Disable MediaSensing
5) Select the correct network card (If computer has multiple NICs)
6) Verify network connection to your router (optional)
7) Select and download correct firmware (in your case: IPv6 Lab Version 75.04.82-17599)
8) Verify settings (in your case: Branding avme and Annex: Multiannex)
9) Flash the firmware onto the router
10) Reboot your computer (router will be rebooted automatically)
11) Enjoy your FritzBox

Best regards,
Andi

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No, this is not VDSL, but ADSL2+.

Yes, you can flash your W920V with a FritzBox 7570 Firmware. For example, flashing it with the FW 75.04.76 is described in this tuturial (in German language).

However, 75.04.76 is a German firmware and does not offer an interface in English.
Therefore, an "international" Firmware, e.g. 75.04.78 or the IPv6 Lab Version 75.04.82-17599, would be more suitable for you.

Yes, with the FritzBox Firmware this is possible.

I would recommend you to flash the firmware using the ruKernelTool.

Unfortunately, up to now the above mentioned Tutorial for flashing a W920V to a FritzBox 7570 is only available in German language (because W920V is primarily used in Germany).
As a hint on how to use the ruKernelTool, you can have a look at this tutorial: "Flashing a FritzBox 7170 using the ruKernelTool".

Best regards,
Andi

Oh ok, so I have ADSL+2, I knew it was that, although I didn't get why people in my deutsche telekom office called it vdsl... :p

Anyways, thank you VERY MUCH for the help.

I think I am still quite lost on how to flash it, but I will look at the tutorials and see if I can do anything my self without screwing the router.

Thank you sir!

The main thing I want is the manual IP reset so I can just set it to 6AM, its very annoying to have it on random times of the day when I'm playing.

Thank you again, I am hoping I will be cappable of updating it my self today. I am just worried, is the interface of that firmware same? Because I have no idea if not, on how to enter my internet username/password and other information so i can have internet access.

Thank you Andi!

And now that you tell me it's ADSL2+, would you upgrade firmware to Fritzbox firmware, or just b uy an ADSL+2 router like a D-Link?

I bought a nice D-Link @ Saturn about 2 weeks but I was not cappable of getting internet connection :( For some reason, it wouldnt accept any of the users or passwords I had on my deutsche telekom paper :/ So I gave up and gave the d-link back to saturn :/

I also have a Thomsom Speedtouch 585 v6 or sometthing like that that takes adsl2+ at least in Spain, would you use that? Or my Speedport better?

Edit:

Ok I just read those steps, I am going to try it out, I hope I do not screw my router :D I don't have any other as a backup.

Does my internet user/password reset when I change firmware?

Edit2:

I got this message when I run ruKernerTool_x64:

"C:\Windows\system32\telnet.exe" und auch
"C:\Windows\system32\telnet.exe" konnten nicht gefunden werden!

Es kann über "Systemsteuerung -> Programme und Funktionen -> Windows-Funktionen aktivieren oder deaktivieren" nachinstalliert werden!

Das Paket heiBt (Don't have that german letter) "Telnet-Client"

What does it mean?

Edit 3:

I've downloaded the firmware you told me IPv6 Lab Version 75.04.82-17599.

And also said Annex: kein Annex (Multi-Annex).

However, on Branding, I do not have avme, I have avm. But shouldn't I chose tcom because I have deutsche telekom?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
A guy called Johann helped me over Gmail and he was really helpful, I just wanted to say THANK YOU very much Johann, I really appreciate your help.

Right now I currently have the following firmware:

IPV6 Laboratory version 75.04.82-17599

Menu is in English, I now have UPnP, and I understand everything!!!

Also, on Account information, I have set this:

Code:
Maintain Internet connection permanently

Delay disconnection by provider to the period between

6-7 o'clock

Does this mean it will get a new IP every 24 hour at 6-7 o'clock in the morning?

That is exactly what I wanted!!! :) Could anyone confirm it for me?

Thank you again everyone, and specially Johann.

~Kevin.

Hi kcuestag,

Telekom cuts every DSL connection after 24h.
With this setting the dis- and reconnect will be shift to your entered time.
So everything is fine for you ;)

BR
KlausBock

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
That sounds great!

2 more questions:

1. So if I just choose 6-7 o'clock, I will only have the connection cut at that time on the morning? :)

2. Does the firmware I have give more stability with P2P? I remember with official t-com firmware on uTorrent I had to lower the connections or else the router/modem would get too high traffic and just drop connection for a few seconds lol.

Thank you!

Kevin.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi kcuestag,

first of all, delete your fullquote with the Edit function, because this isn’t well seen here :-( Thx

Q1: Yes it will be cut in this timeframe, independent if there are any other cuts, like outage or manual disconnects …

Q2: Try it, I don’t know if anybody try this P2P connection with this FW.
Pls don’t forget to post your experiences, thx :)

BR
KlausBock

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
2. Does the firmware I have give more stability with P2P? I remember with official t-com firmware on uTorrent I had to lower the connections or else the router/modem would get too high traffic and just drop connection for a few seconds lol.
Yes, it has more stability with P2P and _in my opinion_ everything. Just don't forget to use a high port >50.000 on uTorrent so it won't conflict with other applications and you should be fine.

@KlausBock Thank you, sounds good that I won't get a cut on internet at midnight to get a new IP while I am playing :D Finally I got that solved!

@JLevi Sounds good, will do hehe.

How many connections do you have set on uTorrent?

thank you,
Kevin.

I've downloaded the firmware you told me IPv6 Lab Version 75.04.82-17599.

However, on Branding, I do not have avme, I have avm.
I have just tested this Firmware with the current Version of the ruKernelTool (v0.4.4.4).
Everything works correctly, and Branding avme can be selected. (It should already be pre-selected by the tool).
-> See attached Screenshots.

Best regards,
Andi

Anhänge

• result.png
    result.png
    27.8 KB · Aufrufe: 8
  • params.png
    params.png
    62.6 KB · Aufrufe: 8
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have just tested this Firmware with the current Version of the ruKernelTool (v0.4.4.4).
Everything works correctly, and Branding avme can be selected. (It should already be pre-selected by the tool).
-> See attached Screenshots.

Best regards,
Andi

That's weird, because mine showed "avm" only instead of "avme".

Anyways, I flashed the firmware in English with a different tool which is called "Speedport_7570_82_17599_AnnexB_IPV6.recover-image" and it worked fine, I am using it right now hehehe and I like it so much now the interface is so cool and in English!

Thank you everyone who helped me out. And most important, thank you for helping me in English in a German forum, I really appreciate you guys doing that, very nice of you :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Kevin.

Just woke up and saw the router's page:

connected since 05/11/2010 at 06:58, IP address: 79.xxx.xx.xx

It works!!! Hehe I am so happy it took the drop off for a new ip at that time, that is awesome guys!! :D

Interesting...

I woke up, and at 11:42 it connected again to internet.

My father said he was using internet all morning with no problems, but router just restarted (I saw the Power light blinking... until everytthing turned on and had connection for like 30 seconds) at 11:42..

Weird, because yesterday I had 0 connection drops after the 6:58am new ip, then I had no more connection drop...

Maybe the router decided to restart at 11:42 instead today?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.