[Problem] FritzBox 7390 1&1 won't see Annex A DSL line

Sania

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi to everyone! Help me please. I bough used FritzBox 7390 1&1 from eBay, re-flashed it with ruKernelToll to the latest AVM international multi-annex firmware, in setting selected annex A, but it can't see my ADSL line. It says not connected. I don't have ISDN line to check if it works on ISDN.

What am I doing wrong? I think maybe the DSL modem is burned? Is it possible?

Artikel-Nr: 2000 2470

if this already somewhere written sorry, I'm confused i trying already about 5 hours to make it work, i re-flashed it over 5 times, first 3 in ruKernelTool i selected multi-annex and the other 2 times i tried with only annex A, and still not work

please help me :(

-------- UPDATE--------
The problem was, that the provider has configured Annex M as default modulation on the DSLAM, while he did not had Annex M compatible port. So the Fritz Box was tried to connect to Annex M which does not existed!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Without knowing what ADSL line you have, any advice is useless. Maybe your line is not working at all. :-(
Also, your problem has nothing to do with the ruKernelTool and, therefore, is placed in the wrong forum area.

My line is ADSL2+ over PSTN, with one other modem is working fine in my line, but fritz 7390 1&1 can't see it, i installed AVM international firmware with multi-annex and selected annex A.
Yes, sorry for that i little lost..., can someone move this to FRITZ!Box Fon: Modifikationen please?

You are repeating yourself. We know already, that you have installed AVM international firmware with multi-annex and selected annex A.
Which DSL provider do you have? What are the VPI/VCI settings in your other modem? Is the DSL line syncing but not connecting with the Fritzbox 7390? What is written in the events log? Please post screenshots of the DSL pages.

VPI/VCI is set on automatic, my provider has 8/35 i have tried these setting too, but again can't see the line, DSL line not syncing it saying not connected...
i thinking maybe fritz 7390 1&1 (Artikel-Nr: 2000 2470) can't work on annex A? :(

Capture.JPG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
What other modem is working with your line? Please provide the complete DSL settings of this other modem, i.e. connection speed, attenuation, SNR etc.

before i has FritzBox 7140, but it burned one week ago from thunderstorm, now i have one cheap Gennet OxyGen RFA1400w,
I'm sure 100% the line is ok, i think maybe i bought broken used modem or hardware of 7390 1&1 is only for ISDN(Annex B) line and the international firmware with multi-annex can't make it to work on annex A

here is the line statistics
ADSL2+
speed download: 17.5mbps upload:1024kbps
attenuation download: 26dB upload:9dB
SNR download:9dB( at 9dB limited with my provider) upload: 12dB

Today i found ISDN line to test the fritz 7390 1&1 it sync DSL line fine :confused:, i have tested everything what written in this forum about how to convert from annex B to A, but still not working on PSTN line, please help me

flash a international 7390 firmware, e.g. 84.05.22_Annex_A+B, with the setting "multi-annex" (not with Annex A!). if you don't get any connection, check your cable and maybe the filtro/splitter.

pls tell more about your situation. Which country and which proivider?

happy computing
R@iner

Hi, i have tried with that firmware and multi-annex, but again the modem can't see the DSL line...cables and filter are ok,

i bough this fritzbox 7390 1&1 from ebay.de, and it has used before, not new, it come with AVM Germany firmware(not the original 1&1) i think maybe the previous owner did something wrong? thinking to try change annex with FTP commands

i live in Greece and my provider name is is "OTE"

If the Fritzbox works on a line with ISDN, the modem should be ok, normally. Check the internet-settings on the web-interface. Is Annex A selected? may you need special DSL-ATM-settings (VPI, VCI) for your provider OTE. Use the search-function of the forum. And check the cable again. this is failure nr. 1.

happy computing
R@iner

the internet settings are on automatic, but i have tried with manual too( my provider has VPI:8 VCI:35), annex A is selected, i use simple RJ11 cable also i have tried with Y cable from my old 7140

here are the info of my box
Box-Informationen:
ProductID: Fritz_Box_7390
HWRevision: 156
HWSubRevision: 0
annex: B
autoload: yes
bootloaderVersion: 1.819
bootserport: tty0
cpufrequency: 500000000
firmware_info: 84.05.22
firmware_version: avme
firstfreeaddress: 0x810D952C
flashsize: 0x01000000
kernel_args: annex=B
language: en
maca: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:7D
macb: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:7E
macdsl: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:7F
macwlan: 00:24:FE:A9:8B:2D
macwlan2: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:82
memsize: 0x08000000
modetty0: 38400,n,8,1,hw
modetty1: 38400,n,8,1,hw
mtd0: 0x9F000000,0x9F000000
mtd1: 0x9F020000,0x9FF00000
mtd2: 0x9F000000,0x9F020000
mtd3: 0x9FF00000,0x9FF80000
mtd4: 0x9FF80000,0xA0000000
my_ipaddress: 192.168.178.1
req_fullrate_freq: 166666666
prompt: Eva_AVM
SerialNumber: 0000000000000000
sysfrequency: 166666666
urlader-version: 1819
usb_board_mac: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:80
usb_device_id: 0x0000
usb_manufacturer_name: AVM
usb_revision_id: 0x0000
usb_rndis_mac: 00:24:FE:DF:E0:81

the internet settings are on automatic, but i have tried with manual too( my provider has VPI:8 VCI:35), annex A is selected, i use simple RJ11 cable also i have tried with Y cable from my old 7140
Take a look here: click me

Box-Informationen:
ProductID: Fritz_Box_7390
firmware_info: 84.05.22
At the moment, I have too much headache to think about it, if this is a problem or not. Sorry.

happy computing
R@iner

About the cable i'm sure it's ok, because my old fritz 7140 i have used it too with RJ11, in RJ11 the DSL wires is 2 and 4, on Fritz Y cable RJ45 the DSL wires is 4 and 5 that was same wires when i connect the RJ11 in to FritzBox

now i know the modem is ok because it worked on ISDN, and it's possible to make it work in annex A, this is enough for me to find where is the problem and make it work :)

Thanks for trying to help me

Sorry, I wanted to write 2 and 3, mistake

If you use a RJ11 plug to plug into the RJ45 Socket of the Fritzbox, make shure that you plug in the RJ11 in the center of the RJ45 socket, and since it is to thin to fit well into te RJ45 socket, also make shure that you have "good" contacting.
It could help if you would put some insulating tape onto the three sides of the RJ11 plug which are without contacts.

Good luck.

the RJ11 fits nice the RJ45 in fritzbox, my old fritz 7140 which has RJ45 too, it worked long time with RJ11 without problems!

now about my 7390,i still not found where is the problem, as i told before, it tested in ISDN, i didn't seen if it really worked, i just found electronic shop with ISDN line and asked them if it possible to test it in their DSL line, they told me no problem, but come in few hours, because we can't do it right now we need to disconnect everithing in the shop to connect my modem, i got it back in few hours and they told me it sync on their DSL line

last 3 days i tested everything, different firmwares, different settings, different cables, but still can't sync, i have message "not connected" look line modem can't see the line... i spent over 25+ hours to trying make it work...

i don't know, maybe the modem is burned, but 2 days ago i noticed, modem tried to sync, but only for 2-3 seconds, i seen in DSL information in normally appeared the DSL line Annex A ADSL2+ and the name of DSLAM Broadcom but only for 2-3 seconds, after few minutes it tried again but as before only for 2-3 seconds, and the last time it tried to sync in VDSL instead of ADSL2+, it strange because my line is ADSL2+, after this it never tried again, i leave it for more than 10 hours, but nothing

today i called a technical from provider, they come to my home to see, i told him all the situation about everything, I showed him that all the settings is properly, but he does not know anything and can't test it...

now the last what i can do is to test it on different DSL lines, i sent it in Athens to my brother, there he will can find a lot of different DSL lines, also i think to try find someone in Athens with 7390, to test my 7390 in their DSL line, maybe all the problems is in the modem...

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, and BIG thanks to Rainer Ullrich(Skyteddy) he helped me a lot, he told me everything that i can do, he know very much, he is a real expert :)

This is the decisive parameter. It is the reason why the box syncs on an ISDN line and why it does not on an A line. This parameter has to be set to A - I'm not sure if this still can be done by ftp or more simple using [post=971638]"telefonicus" script[/post] as I do have a lot of experience changing annex (living myself in an annex A country) but not yet with a 7390.

As the box before surely worked on ISDN -and thus B- the box conserves this parameter. This parameter even "survives" a recover and the only way to change it is to do it manually.

Unfortunately I saw this thread only today.

Unfortunately I saw this thread only today.
this is not the problem anymore. 2 weeks ago, Sania changed the kernel_args-parameter with the ruKernelTool to Annex A. And we remove it completely too. Sania trys many different things/firmware/settings, nothings helps. And the provider don't wanna help...

happy computing
R@iner

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.