[Frage] NetCologne Fritz!Box 7490 help (in english or spanish)

fedekrum

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

Sorry that I am writing in english, but I don't speak German.
I am temporary living for the next years near Köln and I have contracted NetCologne.
A Fritz!Box 7490 was installed at home, but is obviously all in German !!!
Then I have discovered ruKernelTool, but again most of it is in german.

I know...I must learn German !!! ;), but it will take time !!!

So I have some questions.

a) Is it possible to convert my NetCologne Fritz!Box 7490 to a standard International Fritz!Box 7490?
b) It will still work after the conversion with my NetCologne service?
c) Are there any other considerations to have at the time to connect the converted device to the service again?

I am an IT guy that have changed routers' roms for a while, but I am now a little afraid with this.

Thanks in advance !!!

a) Is it possible to convert my NetCologne Fritz!Box 7490 to a standard International Fritz!Box 7490?
Yes*. But if you follow a "simple" way you lose the Provider-Additive of the FritzBox from NetCologne (but without a simple return), this is needed for the Autoconfiguration.

The First-Step (before you do anything) is to backup the Provider-Additive (its a tar-File in the TFFS) and Bootloader-Environment variables (the "Protection-Variable" for the Provider-Additive is important)!

To do this you can save the Extended-Supportdata (>se here< in English and/or >here< for the German WebIf), you must activate the checkbox labeled "Erweiterte Supportdaten für die forensische Analyse erstellen", after this action deselcet this option.

But restoring of the Provider-Additive is not so simple as the Backup, so you should know what you are doing. For recovering the Additive you can use tffs-tools from PeterPawns GitHub Repository (>click<).

I think it is probably even easier to learn how to handle the German WebIf of the FritzBox (if you are not so familiar with this) than the flashing and using of a International-Firmware (on a FritzBox provided by the Provider with Provider-Additive).

In addition, the FritzBox 7490 from NetCologne is presumably not your property (but probably only rented), then you should not do something like this.

b) It will still work after the conversion with my NetCologne service?
I dont know. At least the automatic configuration (TR-069) should then no longer work, but configured manually it should go. However, you must first request the access-datas from Netcologne!

*)
You need to change the Bootloader-Variable "firmware_version" from avm to avme and with a NetCologne-Box (if you want to use the "simple" way) you must also delete the "Protection-Variable" for the Provider-Additive (e.g. click, the relevant command is "UNSETENV provider").

If you want to use the "simple" way (using the original Recovery-Tool from AVM, but without a simple return!)**, you can use the following (german) instruction to access the Bootloader to do this, but dont change the variable "linux_fs_start", folllow the instruction for the access to the Bootloader via FTP only:
https://github.com/PeterPawn/modfs/blob/master/BOOTSELECTION.ger

And to change the variable "firmware_version" via the Bootloader see here (Variant 2 "Variante mit FTP"):
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/posts/1435512

After changing the variable from the national/german variant (avm) to the international variant (avme) does not boot the FritzBox anymore! This is normal.
The FritzBox only boot again if you flash a international Firmware with the Bootloader (named EVA) because the WebIf no longer works, e.g. with the Recovery-Tool from AVM (this requires a Windows-System).

**)
I do not know if the other variant, flashing the international firmware via "eva_to_memory", also goes with retention of Provider-Additive from Netcologne and Settings (due to the differences between the national and international versions). Maybe Peter could say something about it.

PS/BTW:
Sorry that I am writing in english, but I don't speak German.
Your luck, as a German speaking questioner one would refer here to the search function... ;)
But the content of post #2 must be enough, in my opinion, you want to learn german as you have described yourself. :mrgreen:

Grund für die letzte Bearbeitung dieses Beitrages ist das Ersetzen der IPPF-Links als BBCode durch normale URL da die entsprechenden BBCodes seit dem Foren-Update von Anfang Juli 2017 nicht mehr funktionieren.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thank you qwertz.asdfgh !!!!

In addition, the FritzBox 7490 from NetCologne is presumably not your property (but probably only rented), then you should not do something like this.

No, is mine, I bought it at the begining of the contract to them.

But let me tell you that even being a techy guy, this sounds a little bit risky....and complex !!!
I think I will stick to your sugestion on learning german for now !!!

If there is someone near Köln that can do this for some euros, let me know !!!

Thanks for all your effort !!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.