FBF ATA dhcp server doesn't work when connected to a router

jimmi61

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi everyboby,

I wanted to connect a FBF ATA behind my modem/router DLink DSL300G+, but I had a problem that looks a bug to me (I already contacted AVM but they did not replyed yet)

As long as I change the setting for connecting to a router the submenu System/Network settings is not available anymore, the ATA's IP become 192.168.178.254 and the dhcp server stops working, regardless any previous setting.

I did not found any other threads on this problem (but mein deutch is too bad to understand everything :^) and I wonder if I'm the only one sufering this problem.

Thaks in advance for any suggestion.
Jimmi

There is an update on the issue. After some days waiting for a reply from AVM by e-mail I decided to call them by telephone.

I understood that there should be a problem in the software, even though I did not understood if it is general or limited to some equipment. They offered to substitute the ATA with another with an updated firmware.

I must anyhow thank AVM for the kindness and professionality. I'll keep you informed.

Jimmi

Sorry, my english is to bad to reply in english :-(

Wenn man die FBF ata auf den Betrieb hinter einem Router umschaltet, holt sie sich eine IP vom DHCP-Server des Routers, an den sie angeschlossen ist. Ihr eigener DHCP-Server ist dann abgeschaltet. Man erreicht das Konfigurationsmenü über die IP, die die Box bekommen hat. Welche das ist, muß man dem Menü des Routers entnehmen. Es ist das beste, wenn man dann statisches DHCP einrichtet, also daß die Box anhand ihrer MAC-Adresse immer die selbe IP vom Router bekommt. Sollte der Router das nicht können, muß man der FBF ata eine feste IP geben.

Ich bin auch für meine deutsche sprache traurig, erik ;)

In my understanding (I'm not properly an expert :oops: ) the ATA should have two separate interfaces: WAN and LAN. If the WAN get the IP from the router's dhcp, I should still be able to modify the LAN IP according to my needs, even though the dhcp server doi not work.

My problem is that the menu to change the LAN IP is not available anymore. Let's see if AVM new firmware solves my problem :)

Jimmi

Im Modus "Betrieb hinter einem Router" arbeitet die FBF ata nicht mehr als Router, sondern nur noch als Switch. Deshalb gilt WAN-IP = LAN-IP.

Es ist schoen klar jetzt, danke sehr :)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.