How I can trasform FRITZ!Box wLAN from ANNEX B to ANNEX A?

costellazione

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo,
I live in Italy and buyed a FRITZ!Box wLAN router on Germany Ebay.
Unfortunately I found this one cant' work in Italy becouse the ANNEX standard is different.

So, I would resell this device again on Ebay of Germany until I found this wonderful forum where there are person able to change the ANNEX standard from B to A by firmware upgrade.

But because is really my first time I'm doing an upgrade like this I would be very grateful to somebody able to help me in do this step by step.

Thanks in advance to the volunteer who will help me!
Giuseppe
(from Catanzaro - South Italy)

Hi costellazione,
welcome!

Please check this thread. Download the file fritz_als_avm_annex_A.tar and install it into your Fritz!Box via its web interface.
Do not use any other file or you might cause serious damage to your box.

The box should state "An error occured during the update: no error" or something similar and do an automatic reboot. After that, it is an ANNEX-A-Box.
As the mods in this thread are made for Fritz!Box Fon and neither written nor tested by me, I cannot accept any responsibility for damage done to your box.

Where I found the file?

Hallo,

before of all, I would thank Ghostwalker and Wichard for your prompt replay and ask some details.

First, my O.S. is Win XP. Is possible preoceed with Win XPfor this upgrade?

Second, where can I download the file fritz_als_avm_annex_A.tar ? Can you send me a link?

Please ("Bitte" I learn just this word) if possible answer me in english because I can't understand Germany language :)

ciao
Giuseppe

Re: Where I found the file?

costellazione schrieb:
First, my O.S. is Win XP. Is possible preoceed with Win XPfor this upgrade?
You can proceed with any OS - the only thing you need is a browser.

costellazione schrieb:
Second, where can I download the file fritz_als_avm_annex_A.tar ? Can you send me a link?
The link was already posted by both of us. Please read our posts carefully once again... ;)

Edit: You have to be logged in to see the attachments in the thread linked above!

WORK VERY GOOD!

Hallo
Ghostwalker, Wichard und dm41,

I'm VERY greatful to you!!!! Without your help nothing was possible for me!

Also I would thank my dear friend "Marco" from Dusseldorf for help me in translation.

If some day you will be il Calabria (South Italy) please let me know it, I would repay your help.

ciao ciao
Giuseppe

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.