SMC7908VoWBRB with firmware 2.06

hawkin

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi!

I just got a SMC7908VoWBRB router with originally firmware 1.07.
But because the ADSL connection sometimes dropped out (seemed like the router rebooted) and I didnt get it to work with my SIP provider (phonzo.com)
I did some research on the SMC pages, but did not find any firmware for it there.

Then I discovered the solcon.nl ftp site (through the forum here) and downloaded the 2.06 firmware. But after flashing the bootloader and the runtime, the PPP connection was barely online before the router just stopped and had to be restarted to get connection again. I tried to disable all the features, but the same issue.

So i downgraded it to the old firmware (smc7908vowbrb_fw046t3_8) and now the internet connection seems to be stable at least. But this firmware only supports H.323, not SIP correct?

I will try to flash with 2.05 and 1.09 (from this page) since I guess theese firmwares have SIP support.

Anybody have experienced anything like this?

Hello,

the latest f/w v.2.10 for the SMC7908VoWBRB/A should be available on www.smc.com, support, download...

good luck,

Olaf

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I forgot to post I upgraded to the 2.08 firmware for 5 months ago (June), and it has been working very good since then! I got it to work with 2 different providers and it has not been crashing much. Only when heavy load with bittorrent usage, it has gotten unstable.

I will try the new 2.10 version. Maybe it fixes thoose small issues.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.