Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

@telefonicus
From another PC worked the telnet again and from your link all steps done Worked again in ANNEX A ( English), you are great man.
thanks for your help:D

Dead Fr1tzB0x?????

telefonicus schrieb:
Can you give us some more details? What versions did you try? What responses did you get? You can copy and paste the output of the ...recover.image.exe programs.

I used fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe and fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.20.recover-image.exe. I click on them and let my computer restart and the software runs. It then asks me to remove power and the reconnect. Both version of the software find the device then try to read the version. They claim they cannot detect the version and stop the upgrade. Below is the output from the German version (4.15):

FB Fon Wlan 7050 suchen an: 192.168.178.3
Eine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Auslesen der Version gescheitert!

Thanks for your help.

rondunaway schrieb:
I used fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe and fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.20.recover-image.exe. I click on them and let my computer restart and the software runs

Why did you have to restart? Mediasensing problem?

original.jpg

You should set your LAN adapter to 10 MBps Half Duplex (EDIT: only if automatic rate detection fails to detect a LAN cable connection) and use a SHORT straight patch cable (no cross-over) e. g. the red cable from AVM.

Run RegEdit.exe to make this change in the Windows registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

if not present make a new entry:
Value Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: (0=activate, 1=deactivate) >>> simply enter 1

BTW, what changes did you make to enable the English update? Can you FTP to the Adam2 bootloader?

Edited 18.06.2008

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
telefonicus schrieb:
Why did you have to restart? Mediasensing problem?

original.jpg

You should set your LAN adapter to 10 MBps Half Duplex and use a SHORT straight patch cable (no cross-over) e. g. the red cable from AVM.

If you have no means to disable autosensing (mediasensing) in your LAN adapter's settings you can make this change in the Windows registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Value Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data Typ: REG_DWORD
Value Data: (0=activate, 1=deactivate) >>> simply enter 1

BTW, what changes did you make to enable the English update? Can you FTP to the Adam2 bootloader?

Yes it had to restart b/c of media sensing. I am using the red cable from avm and setting the nic to 10 half. I did not realize I could disable media sensing in via nic settings or via the registry. I try to ftp using windows while the fb is starting but no luck: ftp> open 192.168.178.1 (also I tried 192.168.178.254)

The changes I made to cause my FB to speak english with Annex B is below:

1) Factory reset device on login screen of wlan 7050 click heir

2) Set static IP of 192.168.178.2 for PC.

3) Activate the telnet with the phone (if not already done): #96*7*

4) Connect with telnet and change the firmware version to avme (avm English): echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

5) Use the web firmware upgrade to patch with the file fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar

After the reboot, the web interface is not available and it is normal because only the German pages are in the box. The next steps will load and untar the last English firmware and install it with the telnet interface.

6) Telnet into wlan 7050 and enter commands below (I used a local ftp server on my pc to server english firmware)
# cd /
# wget -O - ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox...x_b/fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.14.04.20.image | tar xv
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
./var/copy_firmware
./var/reboot
# cd /var
# ./install
# ./post_install &

7) To deactivate telnet: #96*8*

rondunaway schrieb:
Yes it had to restart b/c of media sensing. I am using the red cable from avm and setting the nic to 10 half. I did not realize I could disable media sensing in via nic settings or via the registry. I try to ftp using windows while the fb is starting but no luck: ftp> open 192.168.178.1 (also I tried 192.168.178.254)

The changes I made to cause my FB to speak english with Annex B is below:

1) Factory reset device on login screen of wlan 7050 click heir

2) Set static IP of 192.168.178.2 for PC.

3) Activate the telnet with the phone (if not already done): #96*7*

4) Connect with telnet and change the firmware version to avme (avm English): echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

5) Use the web firmware upgrade to patch with the file fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar

i think that you need this file http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6390&d=1139740170
and not for ANNEX A

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
telefonicus schrieb:
That is the point! Use a higher IP assress. Your Fritzbox is probably set to 192.168.178.2. Use e. g. 192.168.178.10 and you're fine.

And then, why use telnet? Complicated and dangerous ;-)
Plus, it will produce an ugly message from AVM on your web interface welcome screen.

Here's my little Adam2 howto:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=690127&postcount=167

My box has already been converted to Annex B english and functioned properly except for the voip functions. I tried you Adam2 procedure to convert it to annex B english originally but could not get to work so I used the procedure mentioned in my previous post to convert it to Annex B english. After the conversion, I decided to factory reset the fb in hopes of returning it to Annex B german. Since then, I cannot access web interface. The power light blinks. I cannot ftp or telnet into the box. An ethereal trace during start up shows no output from fritz just from my pc. I tried the recovery software(versions mentioned in previous posts) but receive the error mentioned in previous posts.

Hi,

I am also converting a german 7140 to an international 7140 with AnnexA and pots.

I am at the point that the webinterface displays I am having Annex A, with telnet it shows Annex B

The webinterface is complete english now but the 7140 completely detects no signal at the DSL interface.

Before the ftp and recover procedure (when it was still german with the annexA script it did detect signal)

Any clue, after the recovery I tried the fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar script so now I also have the warning this config is not supported
:noidea: :noidea: :confused:

rondunaway schrieb:
The power light blinks

Good! Not dead!

Above you posted:

This is probably not a valid address for a Fritzbox. It's because you set your PC's IP address to 192.168.178.2.

Change it to a higher address and re-try the recover-image.exe, up to 10 times.

AVM recommensds to enter the arp -d command in the command console. It clears the memorized MAC addresses.

Hello.
does anyone know if there is a way to convert a 7140 model from annex b to annex a and from german interface to an english one?
thanx

gouzou82 schrieb:
Hello.
does anyone know if there is a way to convert a 7140 model from annex b to annex a and from german interface to an english one?
thanx

Toetsje claims he did it but shortly after it he disappeared...

telefonicus schrieb:
Good! Not dead!

Above you posted:

This is probably not a valid address for a Fritzbox. It's because you set your PC's IP address to 192.168.178.2.

Change it to a higher address and re-try the recover-image.exe, up to 10 times.

AVM recommensds to enter the arp -d command in the command console. It clears the memorized MAC addresses.

It worked. Thanks.

telefonicus schrieb:
Toetsje claims he did it but shortly after it he disappeared...

But I'm back again :) Sorry, but I had a fever last week.

Maybe I was not specific enough, so here's the producedure again with some extra details.

How to update a German 7140 to an English version:

Step 1: First, update your 7140 to the latest German version using the normal update producedure (update from webinterface). Use this image: http://www.avm.de/files/fritz.box/f...eutsch/fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.30.04.12.image

Step 2: If you have a 1to1 or AOL version, use this script to make it a AVM box: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6391&d=1139740176

Step 3: OK, you now have a German AVM box with the lastest firmware. Now you need to connect to it with FTP. Use the instructions above (user and password are adam2)

Step 4: We now need to change the envoirement variables. Use this to convert:

quote SETENV firmware_version avme

You will get a message like "Envoirent Variable succesfull set". Dont use a comma after "firmware_version"... otherwise you will get a message "Syntax Errror: Invalid number of parameters".

Step 5: Use this firmware to load the english firmware. ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....box_fon_wlan_7140.en.04.24.recover-image.exe

Use the instructions from the program. Thats all !!!

Note: This is only the procedure to change the language. I didn't changed the annex... Does somebody know the envoirement variables data to do this?

Toetsje schrieb:
quote SETENV firmware_version avme

...should be already done by "fritz_als_avme_new.tar" in step 2

Code:
PROVIDER=avme
echo "firmware_version $PROVIDER" > /proc/avalanche/env

You will get a message like "Envoirent Variable succesfull set". Dont use a comma after "firmware_version"... otherwise you will get a message "Syntax Errror: Invalid number of parameters".

I always used the Adam2 bootloader pseudo-FTP where a comma is required:
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme. If you can wait until Linux has booted and use the real FTP demon the syntax is different (no comma!).

Step 5: Use this firmware to load the english firmware. ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....over-image.exe

Thank you so very much for that link! My Firefox did'nt show me the whole file list since I had visited that AVM page way before and an earlier (shorter) version must have been in cache. So I never saw this directory before: .../fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7140/x_misc/english/...

So how do we proceeed with your 7140?

To get the annex-A firmware you should recover with this file:
ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox..._wlan_7140.annex.a.en.04.24.recover-image.exe
but in order to allow this you must prepare the environment by setting:

quote SETENV HWRevision,107
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7140_AnnexA
quote SETENV annex,A

(if Adam2 then with commas else without!)

If after recovery the box still displays that it is in annex B you might add this:

quote SETENV kernel_args,annex=A

!!!Disclaimer!!!
It's all on your own risk! I have never tried it since I don't have a 7140 (yet).

Good Luck!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
thank u guys. if anyone tries the annex a, let us know.

help please

sorry i dont speak very good german.

i have an annexxe A 7050 and need to disable adsl 2+ and put it to adsl only.

anyone know if this can be done? via telnet perhaps.

appologies if posted in wrong area.

Hello guys!Thanks for this useful topic.

I have a box fon wlan bought from ebay.de and I just want to change the interface in English from Deutsch.Although I tried what is said in the first page,I had no luck.Fritz has the latest firmware.Any ideas?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.