[Problem] 7490 113.06.83 behavior changes/issues (mountpoint, reboot, console, extenal)

RomMon

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Just started looking at Freetz with 7490 with 113.06.83 (international fw), and running in a number of issues.
I'm documenting the findings here.

Edit (2017-04-22): Had mostly issues with Externalize. The Freetzmount modifications didn't get applied due to a constrained in trunk/config/ui/patches.in. This is resolved in revision 14240.
To resolve the externalize issue I had to use a recover.
Point 1 is now back to the old naming convention.
Point 2 haven't look too much yet.
Point 3 see that the output to console is less until an enter is given. Router is now located in another room, and cannot easily login using the Bluetooth adapter.
Point 4 & 5 are solved with a r14240 and/or a recover.

1) The USB mountpoints have changed.
Code:
# df -hT
/var/dev/nand        yaffs2        406.0M      9.7M    396.3M   2% /var/media/ftp
/dev/sda1            vfat          998.0M     64.0K    998.0M   0% /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-01
/dev/sda2            ext2           13.1G    170.1M     12.3G   1% /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02
Freetz > Settings > Swap file > Swap file > change from /var/media/ftp/uStor02/swapfile to /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02/swapfile
Freetz > Settings > External > Directory for external > change from /var/media/ftp/uStor02/external to /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02/external
There is a new yaffs2 partition mounted at /var/media/ftp. Accidentally writing to an old mountpoint will end up on this new the /var/media/ftp/ partition.

2) Initiating a reboot not always causes a reboot.
I have tried a few different images, and initiated reboots via both AVM and Freetz web-interface.
Sometimes it doesn't work immediately, or not at all.
(as if a process needs to finish, or timeout.)
Cannot fully characterize the behaviour yet.

3) Often not able to get a command prompt via the console (serial RS2323) connection.
Also here I'm not able to fully characterize the behaviour.
But think I see more output if I press enter during the boot, and than I do get a prompt if the boot is nearly finished.

4) External often doesn't work
If I have binary only packages externalized (e.g. strace, lsof, tcpdump, tree) is it normal that I see:
Manage these externalized services of Freetz: -none- ?

Tried again to upload the .external file, and now the packages working (without path) and see "Manage these externalized services of Freetz: " (just empty).
But a reboot makes it -none- again, and cannot execute the commands unless I give the complete path. E.g. /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02/external/usr/bin/tree

5) External fails (more than only binariy packages).

5a) Udating the external file fails during the step 'Starting external services'.
Selected options: 'Delete old external files' and 'Start external services after update'.

It 'hangs' with last message: Starting external (/var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02/external):
The 'Prepare update' and 'Extract files' steps do work.

Refresh of the page gives "Error: external update failed."

If I only select 'Delete old external files', it finish normally.

5b) But after a reboot the packages don't show up in the Freetz-webinterface.
Probably related to 4)
(do see: Manage these externalized services of Freetz: netsnmp aiccu radvd openvpn samba)

Edit (2017-04-17):
Suspect the change of mountpoint naming caused external not to work.
/var/mod/ is missing a symlink to external
/var/mod/etc is missing a symlink to the externalized packages.

Adding some of the missing parts manually e.g. the radvd to the web-menu.
Code:
cd /mod/
ln -s /var/media/ftp/SanDisk-UltraFit-02/external external
cd /mod/etc/
ln -s /mod/external/etc/default.radvd default.radvd
cd /var/mod/etc/init.d/
ln -s /mod/external/etc/init.d/rc.radvd rc.radvd
 cd /mod/usr/lib/cgi-bin
ln -s /mod/external/usr/lib/cgi-bin/radvd.cgi radvd.cgi
modconf load radvd
modreg cgi radvd radvd

6) Sometimes it takes a lot of time before the FB becomes pingable/reachable.
E.g. 5 minutes
Code:
# uptime
 01:05:09 up 5 min,  load average: 0.08, 0.21, 0.12

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
1)
The "new yaffs2 partition" under "/var/media/ftp" exists on a 7490 device, since this model was first time available some years ago. Almost every VR9-/GRX350-based model and the 7390 have the "internal NAND flash" (on models with at all only 128 MB it's only the remaining space - about 18 MB) mounted there ... maybe you've never noticed it before.
Some times ago AVM started to use an existing volume label as the mount point (if started from a fresh config, where the new "ar7.cfg" template with "volume_labels = yes;" was used) - perhaps the Freetz part (FREETZMOUNT) doesn't run on your device (are you sure, it was included?) ... this could lead to some further problems.

I'm unsure, what's the result of this kconfig input is:
Code:
config FREETZ_PATCH_FREETZMOUNT
    bool "FREETZMOUNT: Patch AVMs hotplug scripts, USB storage names, ..."
[COLOR="#FF0000"]    depends on FREETZ_KERNEL_VERSION_2_6_32_MAX
[/COLOR]    select FREETZ_USBSTORAGE_AUTOMOUNT
    select FREETZ_BUSYBOX_BLKID              if FREETZ_REMOVE_AVM_E2FSPROGS || !FREETZ_AVM_HAS_E2FSPROGS
    select FREETZ_BUSYBOX_FEATURE_BLKID_TYPE if FREETZ_REMOVE_AVM_E2FSPROGS || !FREETZ_AVM_HAS_E2FSPROGS
    select FREETZ_BUSYBOX_VOLUMEID
    default y
    help
        1. Replaces and deselects usb-storage patch.
           - The names of USB storage directories can be defined by WebIF (default uStorXY) (or by volume LABEL).
        2. Replaces and deselects autorun.sh/autoend.sh patch.
           - autorun/autoend behaviour can be activated/deactivated via WebIF.
           - autorun/autoend are useful to start/terminate applications located on USB devices, eg
             apache, samba or even swapfiles, after connecting or before disconnecting of USB devices.
        3. Auto-mounted USB storage devices will be fully accessible, eg it is now possible to put
           user home directories for (e.g. for FTP) on a FAT32-formatted partition and permit shell
           and FTP users to actually write to their own home directories.
        4. Avoid deleting whole filesystems on USB devices.
        5. Enhanced behaviour during mounting and unmounting.
        6. Provides mount-by-label feature.

It is highly recommended to select this patch.
I don't know here, if the final result for a 3.10 kernel is an "was not set" option or "y" (the default value - without any chance to change it). But afaik the whole 06.8x support is EXPERIMENTAL ... problems are known (once again: afaik) and each patch should (could) be welcome.

2)
If services running from USB devices can't (or will not) be stopped, such delays are "expectable". Look into "/var/log/mod_mount.log" to check, if (a) FREETZMOUNT is available/working and (b) what's the problem during dismounts.

All other points are only unexpected, if FREETZMOUNT is really working well.

Your point no. 6 is not really unique ... as long a such a delay isn't present on each restart, you should try to find the reason in the kernel messages (dmesg output) or somewhere else in your log files.

Hi Peter,

1) Opps yes, the "/var/media/ftp" is also present on the 7390 is see now. Probably never looked that well to the mount output. Thanks.

Quick look in the logs from creating the last 7390 and 7490 images, you are right. The freetzmount patches are not applied.

Logs from 7390:
Code:
 Line 39040:     applying patch file ./patches/scripts/197-add_freetzmount.sh
 Line 39044:   applying 'remove components'-part of FREETZMOUNT patch
 Line 39049:   applying FREETZMOUNT patch
 Line 39307:   integrated FREETZMOUNT

Logs from 7490:
Code:
 Line 21544:     applying patch file ./patches/scripts/197-add_freetzmount.sh
 Line 21548:   applying 'remove components'-part of FREETZMOUNT patch

On the 7390:
Code:
[# grep -rin  patched /etc/hotplug/*
/etc/hotplug/storage:32:[ -x /usr/lib/libmodmount.sh ] && . /usr/lib/libmodmount.sh # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/storage:37:reload) # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/storage:38:storage_reload # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/storage:74:unplug) # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/storage:75:storage_unplug $* # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/storage:104:remove_swap $* # patched by FREETZ
/etc/hotplug/udev-mount-sd:79:[ -x /usr/lib/libmodmount.sh ] && . /usr/lib/libmodmount.sh # patched by FREETZ

On the 7490:
Code:
# grep -rin  patched /etc/hotplug/*
#

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Just tried 113.06.52

Code:
# uname -a
Linux fritz.box 3.10.73 #1 SMP Wed Nov 23 17:34:17 CET 2016 mips GNU/Linux

And see the same behavior External not working (point 5).
Also regarding freetzmount.

Hi Peter,

Gene solved it in revision 14240.

Btw, I saw in the file 'storage' for the 7490 that the USB mountpoint naming is always volume label based (vendor and model).
In 'libmodmount.sh' it depends indeed on a variable "$MOD_STOR_NAMING_SCHEME".

Thanks both.

Edit (2017-04-22): Just found that USB mountpoint naming is configurable in Freetz :)81 > Freetz > Freetzmount > Mount points naming scheme = { Fixed prefix | Vendor-Product as prefix | Partition label }). I left this default (fixed prefix) for now.

Another remark, I had to recover my 7490 before Externalize worked (normal) again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Gjorstn
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.