Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

Connect your PC to the Fritzbox via the Ethernet (LAN cable) and set the IP address of your PC to 192.168.178.XXX, the IP mask to 255.255.255.0 and the IP interface to 192.168.178.1 (if it doesn't work after several trials try 192.168.178.2)

IMPORTANT:
*Make sure your LAN adapter has a fixed IP address, e.g. 192.168.178.10
*Disable any IP-filtering or firewall
*Make sure you are accessing the LAN directly (not through an application software)

On your Windows XP PC open the "network connections" folder in one window and a "COMMAND" console ("DOS window") in another window. Enter the following instruction in the COMMAND console (do not press ENTER, just hold this comand line ready):

ftp 192.168.178.1

Now plug in the power supply and watch the network adapter status to change from "network cable removed" to "connection established" (3-4 seconds). That is exactly the time, when the ENTER key must be pressed.

Try and watch this change a few times before you press ENTER so you get a feeling for the time it takes. This works with most WindowsXP installations.

If nothing happens enter CTRL-C to cancel the ftp command and re-try the above (up to 10 times). Sometimes it helps to enter the "arp -d" command to clear the MAC table before starting ftp. If all fails you might also try ftp 192.168.178.2 alternatively.

If you see the FTP login prompt enter "adam2" as user and password.

220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready.

530 Please login with USER and PASS.
USER adam2
331 Password required for adam2.
PASS adam2
230 User adam2 successfully logged in.

Now enter the following commands:

quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,77
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexA
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme

You can copy and paste all 4 lines at once. Use the right-hand mouse button to paste.

Enter "bye" when you're done.

Now run the recovery program, e.g.

fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.annexa.en.04.26.recover-image.exe from the known source (I mean from AVM of course - huhu, Novize!) and follow the instructions.

GOOD LUCK!

Telefonicus

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Killed My Box :(

Hi,
Tried the above and managed to telnet on 192.168.178.2

During the firmaware recover however it said

"Searching FRITZ!BOX Fon WLAN 7050 (Annnex A) at : 192.168.178.2
One system found! - Detecting the current version.
Could not determine the version!

Now all I get are all the LED's flashing together in a code of 8 flashes, pause, 8 flashes :(

Gloom :(

EDIT:
I was not using FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7050.AnnexA.en.03.91.recover but 04.20

Will try with that

HummerUK

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Alive And In English!

I applied Recover Annex A 03.91 but still no connection and after a power cycle all the LED's started to flash again.

I then tried Recover Annex A 04.20 which this time it accepted and yes the box seems to be a 100% in English.

A bit late to test the ADSL but will try in morning.

Many thanks to all you clever folks for figuring out how to do this.

HummerUK

Hello all,

I was less lucky than Hummer. I have an AnnexB 7050 and here is what I did:

ftp to the fritz box
then

quote SETENV annex,B
quote SETENV HWRevision,76
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexB

ran the fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.20.recover-image

and I got the following message

Searching FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 at: 192.168.178.2
Version successfully detected!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050
Bootstrap: 99
Firmware: 14.04.15
Flash area (mtd1)
Deleting flash area (mtd1)
Restoring flash area (mtd1)
Could not recover the partition mtd1! WinError -3

so I put back the original settings

quote SETENV annex,B
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050
quote SETENV firmware_version,avm

ran the original fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image

and got

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 suchen an: 192.168.178.2
Eine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Version erfolgreich ermittelt!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050
Urlader: 99
Firmware: 14.04.15
Flashbereich (mtd1)
Lˆsche Flashbereich (mtd1)
Restauriere Flashbereich (mtd1)
Recover der Partition mtd1 fehlgeschlagen! WinError -3

Anyone has an idea on this or am I back to the shop !!!!

ADSL2+ Works Okay

Just to confirm my Annex B 7050 now works exactly the same as my real Annex A 7050 box.

Both are now Annex A English :)

HummerUK

I did it this way:

I assume you have a Windows-XP PC. If not, ask a friend.

Connect your PC to the Fritzbox via the Ethernet (LAN cable) and set the IP address of your PC's LAN adapter to 192.168.178.XXX (XXX between 003 and 253), the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway interface to 192.168.178.1 (if it doesn't work after several trials try 192.168.178.2)
IMPORTANT:
*Set your LAN adapter to 10 Mbit/s Half Duplex EDIT: (if automatic doesn't work).
*Diasble any other LAN adapters
*Make sure you are accessing the LAN directly (not through an application software)
*Use a short LAN cable! AVM recommends to use the red LAN cable for firmware updates/recoveries.

Start the recovery program first hand (see below) and follow the instructions (this first time only). It will fail but it will establish a steady connection to the bootloader. On subsequent attempts do not disconnect the power supply when the recovery program tells you so!

EDIT: If a warning pops up like 'Mediasensing is enabled on your PC' please stop the recovery program (answer 'NO' to the prompt) and look here

Open a "COMMAND" console window (aka "DOS window") and enter the following instruction:

ftp 192.168.178.1 (or use the IP found by the recovery Program)

Now you see the FTP login prompt. Enter "adam2" as user and password.

220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready.

530 Please login with USER and PASS.
USER adam2
331 Password required for adam2.
PASS adam2
230 User adam2 successfully logged in.

If the Fritzbox does not react to the ftp command enter CTRL-C to cancel it and retry. If it doesn't work at all retry the recovery program.

Now enter the following commands

for the standard Fritz!Box Fon WLAN model:
quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,66
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_WLAN
quote SETENV firmware_info,08.04.26

for the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 model:
quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,77
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexA
quote SETENV firmware_info,14.04.26

Changing to Annex B would be respectively:
quote SETENV annex,B
EDIT:
shouldnt it read avm instead of avme?
quote SETENV firmware_info,14.04.15

EDIT: no more commas from version .26 on

You can copy and paste all 4 lines at once. Use the right-hand mouse button to paste. Enter "bye" when you're done (you can even include the login sequence and the bye command. Enter the whole batch of commands including the recovery in one step). The box will only reboot if the recovery program finishes successfully, otherwise it will stay connected to Adam2.

Now run the recovery program, e.g. the one from ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox...n_wlan_7050.annexa.en.04.26.recover-image.exe from AVM (ask me if it's no longer there).

=*= WARNING =*= UPGRADE TO VERSION 4.29 OR HIGHER IS A ONE WAY ROAD! =*= WARNING =*=
EDIT: Later downgrade is possible although a bit tricky. However there's no reason for it as the newer firmware versions work significantly better.

Enter fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.annexa.en.04.26.recover-image.exe (or newer if available) at your command console (first make the program location your working directory using the cd command). If anything goes wrong just repeat it (up to 10 times, keeping the power supply connected). You'll see the progress step by step.

Have fun!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for you help. After reading your answer I felt it should work. What you proposed was what I had already done. So I changed computer and it worked. I had a problem with my ethernet card. I now have a english 7050 annex B and I am happy

I have the german version of fritzbox fon wlan 7050 and I want to convert it to international annex b.
Will l use the following commands using the above process?
quote SETENV annex,B

Furthermore, which recovery image will I use?

Hello Dragonfighter,

use at you own risk. I spent 24hours to get my FB back up after messing one parameter.

YOu then use the firmware that correspond to the settings you just entered. That would be as of today the FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (Annex B) Firmware Version 14.04.20 from AVM.

Good luck

Hello telefonicus,

reading you post that help me a lot I fond a few inconsinstancies, YOu set the box to be Annex B and english and you upload an annex A english ?? Is this normal ? I dod not do this, I tried to keep consistency between the settings and the recover version.

oops, thanks for pointing me. Corrected.

Hi

I have Fritz Box Wlan 7050 and i had to change the language from german to english

I have tried lot of combinations posted on the forum (with changing instal file on linux, with connecting true FTP, etc. ) but non of them worked.

My box was from 1und1 network, but it was not a problem , changed it with fritz_als_avm_new.tar

I had additional problem - i didnt know exactly what annex do i have
my serial nr was 20002306 - according to the AVM site that means Annex A - but i had Annex B software, and i coud make updatee or recovery with software for annex B (fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.04.15.image
and
fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe)

On the begining, (after many tries of changing language) i came back to fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.04.15.image
To be sure whitch anex i have, i instaled
fritz_als_avm_new.tar - that gave me ANNEX B

after that i used part of "avironjc" solution:
>>
I have successfully convert my FRITZ!Box fon to English and annex A without editing any files. Here is the procedure I have used.

Activate the telnet with the phone (if not already done):
#96*7*

Connect with telnet and change the firmware version to avme (avm English):
echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

<<

after that my fritzbox "died"
no response on web nor via telnet, also i couldn't "ping" it.

The procedure abowe gives you NOT working AVME fritzbox

The next step is simple ! ! !
I used fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.en.04.20.recover-image.exe
to recover my fritzbox with english language and 14.04.20 firmware version.

THAT IS IT

I have internet vie Local Area Network, so i use my box as ATA, but to check is it posible tu use annex B fritz on POST (annex a) i upated it with
fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar - (avme)=now it was international box

and i had international box with annex a

Its working - i have checked it at my friend house - everything was briliant.

So - i have spend 2 days trying to change my fritzbox language, and i was lucky to find this solution

i think it is the easiest way

You just have to connect with the telnet, change your box to avme, and recover with avme files
(scripst i found on the forum, to change from avm to avme didnt worked)

i hope you will find it usefull

Edit :
all files you can find on the forum (links on the begining of that subjects) and on the AVM ftp
ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7050/firmware/

Sirkubax

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yes the last explanation works ...

only small add .....

when you make the recovery with recovery .exe do not forget to connect you land cable to LAN A port of Fritz 7050 ....

only LAN A will work ...
regards
Hoppala00

sirkubax solution also works with old FritzBox (06.04.20). Pretty easy.

Well done sirkubax

Great job sirkubax! I've also converted my german box! :cool:

O,o, I am now stuck with my Fritz!box Fon...
First did the "annex_a" conversion, then I used Sirkubax' solution.
However when I pasted the sentence to telnet:
echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

The Fritz!box didn't die in my case. Nevertheless I tried the "fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.04.01.recover-image.exe", however after it "deleted the settings" in the process, it found itself to be incompatible.
Searching FRITZ!Box Fon (Annex A) at: 169.254.227.2
Version successfully detected!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon
Bootstrap: 93
Firmware: 06.04.15
FRITZ!Box Fon firmware is incompatible with the recovery firmware
Now I am left with a Fritz!box that I can't approach through my webbrowser anymore (although I still get an IP and can open a telnet session). :crazy:
So I don't know even how to go back to a previous stage, to redo the order or something, since all recovery programs are incompatible.

What should I do to at least be able to have the German firmware again...:confused:

This is probably your mistake:
First did the "annex_a" conversion, then I used Sirkubax' solution.

Moreover:
IMPORTANT:
*Use LAN A
*Unplug the power cord while recovering (follow the instructions in your screen)

Your web interface may be approached by using the url fritz.box. What ip do you get?
Once you get your web interface back, update with firmware fritz_als_avm_new.tar
Telnet again, "echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env"
and use fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.04.01.recover-image.exe

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The English web interface is at http://fritz.fonwlan.box/

Your problem, however, is that you tried the "fritz.box_fon.annexa.en.04.01.recover-image.exe" which is older than your current version. You must first set back your version number. Havaniceday has made a script for that (downgrade2.tar) which resets the version number to 01.01.01 but this requires a working HTML-Interface.

If your box is dead, you can only use a newer recovery firmware or "downgrade" the version number manually. Use the ADAM2 bootloader interface described in post #167 in this thread and enter:

quote SETENV firmware_info,06.03.01 (or try 01.01.01).

Then proceed with the firmware recovery.

Good Luck!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks Dragonfighter & Telefonicus. I tried all Telefonicus' tips & tricks from post #167 to get the FTP connection to my FBF, 10 times at 2 different PC's using 2 different IP addresses & 10 Mbit/s Half Duplex, however I don't get through!
The box is not dead, I still can connect through telnet. But no web interface.
So, it's now time to throw my FBF away or is there still a way out?

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Brainbanger
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.