Modification Fritz!Box 7141 from Annex B German to [Annex A and English]

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Method-1:
shown by inquisitor [...] And this will give me an english web interface?!?! But will it give me an english firmware or not?
This will give you an English firmware with an English interface. The same as if you had bought an English Annex-B-box.

@warp_be
Normally the recovery tool should change the IP settings automatically, so you don't need to care about DHCP or static IP address. Just run the recovery tool, let it reboot your system for the deactivation of media sensing when required and follow the instructions on the screen.

@telefonicus
Let me add the advice to go to the system root (once or twice "cd ..") before running the following command:
Code:
echo "kernel_args annex=A" > /proc/sys/urlader/environment
I've seen FBFs that start telnet sessions in some subdirectory, from which the command above won't have any effect.

Fritz!Box 7140 changing from Annex B to Annex A

Dear friends,
I hope i have not mislead or hasseled all the helpful folks by submitting my miseries with my Fritz!Box 7140 on 2-different threads. Its just that i have been digging around for quite many days to get some concrete information for my Fritz!Box 7140. There are so many different bits and pieces and various versions of info present on this forum and a lot of it is in German so i have felt very helpless. These were the two different threads that i felt closest to challenges that i was facing with my Fritz!Box 7140. And i must say that different people have replied with different speed to reply to my request. Nonetheless I must still say that i still get a couple of different solutions suggested from these two threads shows that there are a number of knowledgeable folks out there for the great Fritz!Box which is still now working for me here in Sweden :(

Just start trying with my method, as is appears to me the easiest. However if you prefer another method, try that, since all lead to the same result.

Dear Friends,

I bought a Fritz!box Fon WLAN (Annex A) on ebay from Austria. I have upgraded its firmware to the latest english version (FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN.AnnexA.en.08.04.49.image) succesfully. As in Hungary ADSL line is Annex B, I can not use it as an ADSL modem. I don't know if it is possible or not to change Annex A to B? But the main problem is that, if I try to change its operation from ADSL to LAN network, the box lose all of its connection: USB and WLAN (LAN is normal), and switch on and off periodically(I don't know exactly what happaning because no connection). I can only able to get its working status if execute the recovery.exe. I made it 3 times, but now I am very helpless and disappointed.
Can anybody help me what to do and what is wrong?

7141.04.35 recovery wanted!

Dear my friends,
I wanted to make my Fritz!box 7141 as repeater station of my other Fritz!box 7170, but I made something wrong, as my box now not available neither on http nor on telnet. I can not recovery it, as I could not find recovery file for my 40.04.35 version. Factory default on phone (#991*15901590*) is also ineffective.

Is there anybody who has this file and can share with me? Or is there an other method to revive my box?

Hi,

I have linksys x2000 adsl2+ wireless modem router.
i bought it from Germany and is Annex B. and no work this Annex firmware.
i am living in iran. and require Annex A.

Can I change my firmware from Annex B to Annex A.
Please Help me.
[email protected]

Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.