How-to-configure LCR manually for use on FritzBox

Gusman

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Finally I have found some time (and got several requests from forum users) to make a detailed "How-to" for manually configuring the wonderful LCR application. Harald Becker (and his team) is where all the credits go to, because he/they is/are the founding father(s) of the LCR application. :groesste: Visit his website on: http://www.telefonsparbuch.de

This "How-to" is based on my experience with LCR on my FritzBox (FB) 7050 with firmware 14.04.25. Please give your input if you ran into some unexpected things or when this "how-to" can be futher optimized.

So let's get started...... :doktor:

Attention:
For the use of the manual configurated LCR settings it is not necessary to download and install the LCR application. This is optional and not necessary to use the manual created LCR configuration file. The advantage is only Anrufliste (calling list), Wahltabelle (dialplan), Voip configuration settings, .....

Important:
After installation no configuration file should exist or being saved through the LCR web interface (otherwise the manual dialplan will be overwritten with the automatic created one). There is currently no option to delete a configuration file (it must be done manually with telnet: rm /var/tmp/tsb/data/TelefonSparbuch_FritzBox.cfg). If you are not using the LCR application, the URL http://fritz.box/tsb.htm (used further on in this how-to) will of coarse not function.

1. Download LCR application (optional):
For the use of the manual configurated LCR settings it is not necessary to download and install the LCR application. The first thing to do is to download the (latest version) LCR application at Harald's website. Here is the URL to download LCR for the FB: http://lcr.telefonsparbuch.de/software/fritzbox/TelefonSparbuch_LCR_Updater.tar

2. Install LCR application (optional):
Place after downloading the file TelefonSparbuch_LCR_Updater.tar in a directory where you can find it. Open the FB webinterface and login. Click on: einstellungen - system - firmware update - firmwaredatei. Find your downloaded file by clicking on the browse button, select it and finally click on open. Click on update and wait (the FB will caution you that your installing non-AVM software, just proceed with the installation procedure). The LCR application is being installed and after this the FB will restart. In your FB you will see the following sentence: "In Ihrer FRITZ!Box wurden vom Hersteller nicht unterstützte Änderungen durchgeführt", this means that you are using software that is not supported by AVM.

3. Basic LCR configuration (optional):
Now the LCR application is installed we have to do some "basic" settings through the LCR webinterface. Open the LCR webinterface on the following URL: http://fritz.box/tsb.htm . Click on "übersicht" and select the kennwort-tab, and check "kennwortshutz" (now the LCR webinterface is also password protected). After this click on "intervall" and check "nur manuell" (we are not using the webbased updates because they do not apply outside Germany). Click finally on "logout" and for now we are done in this section.

4. Download manual LCR configuration file:
So, now we come to the manual configuration of the LCR. For this moment, it is not (yet) possible to do the manual configuration through the webinterface, and this has to be done through a text based configuration file. Download my LCR manual example configuration file: TelefonSparbuch_FritzBox_Manual_Example.txt (it is an attachment in this topic). Due to forum restrictions I am unable to upload it with the original .lcr extension (it is actually .txt). For later steps it is not necessary to rename the extension, compiling with the .txt extention works fine. I have modified the file a little bit, the original file is in German and does not have an hour indicator in it.....

5. Manual LCR configuration part 1:
Open the TelefonSparbuch_FritzBox_Manual_Example.txt file and let's have a more detailed look. Under "area" you see the numbers (Amsterdam area) which are being dailed locally (local area code or no area code at all) called "local". These numbers are being dailed with provider "0" (see "provider" section under the area section). The "National", "Mobile" and "International" numbers are dailed with provider "240" and this is actually the prefixcode for my 1st voip number (*121# in the FB) see also the provider section. One specific mobile number (starts with 06 in the Netherlands and replace the xxxxxxxx with your own number) is being dailed with provider 241 and this is the prefixcode for my 2nd voip number (*122# in the FB).

6. Manual LCR configuration part 2:
In the "flagstimer" section you are only allowed (for as far as I know and what I have tested) to fill-in a "2" (mon-thu-wed-thu-fri and sa-sun separated) or a "3" (mon-thu-wed-thu-fri-sa and sun separated). In the "time" section you fill in for each number-range the provider to be dailed by the hour. The upper line is for the first weekdays range and the lower line is for the second weekdays range. For example: in the example file I dail all my local calls between 00:00-08:00 and 19:00-00:00 with provider "0" (KPN ISDN) and between 08:00-19:00 with provider "240" (voip #1). For each group of numbers is also a "fallback" provider in case the preferred provider is unavailable.

7. Compile the manual LCR configuration file:
Now you have enough information to create you own manual dailing list. You can add your own remarks as long as you use a "#" in front of each line. The separation of the "items" can be done by "tabs" or ";". When you are finished editing this file, save this file. Now we have to put this configuration into the LCR application. Before we do this, we have to "compile" this file otherwise we are unable to upload it into the FB. Harald provided us through his website with a special "compile" tool on the following URL: http://lcr.telefonsparbuch.de/tmpl/calc/telephone/lcr/FritzBox/lcr_manuell.htm. Select your manual file by clicking the browse button, select the file and click "open". Click on "anfrage senden" and the file is being compiled, save the compiled file to a directory where you can find it.

8. Upload LCR manual configuration file in FB:
Now we are ready to perform the last step, uploading the compiled LCR configuration file into the LCR application on the FB. Open the FB webinterface and login. Click on: einstellungen - system - firmware update - firmwaredatei. Find your compiled file by clicking on the browse button, select it and finally click on open. Click on update and wait. The LCR application is being installed and after this the FB will restart.

9. Check LCR manual configuration:
To check if our dail settings are OK and check the settings in detail you can do two things. The first method is to go into the LCR webinterface, open the LCR webinterface on the following URL: http://fritz.box/tsb.htm . Fill-in your FB password and click on "wahltabelle". If everything went well you will see the configuration you created manually. The second method is to open the FB webinterface and login. Click on: einstellungen - telefonie - wahlreglen and click on "anzeigen". After this you will see the same configuration.

10. Finally:
So this is all you'll need to know to create you own manual LCR configuration. Good luck on creating you own manual settings in the LCR application. If you are happy and satisfied with this LCR application take some time think about a (small) donation to Harald Becker (and his team) for all his effort put into this fantastic application. See also http://www.telefonsparbuch.de/tmpl/info/telephone/kontakt/kontakt.htm

Kind regards,

Gusman ;)
the Netherlands

Anhänge

• TelefonSparbuch_FritzBox_Manual_Example.txt
    2.2 KB · Aufrufe: 500
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Gusman, thank you very much for this detailed how-to. I will try this in the near future. ;)

Do you have an URL where to find info about the contents of the LCR file? I have 10 VOIP providers and 4 ISDN MSN's with multiple 16xx CbC providers, so my lcr file is probably a bit larger and I don't want to mess things up. ;)

My questions:
- how do I use 16xx Call-by-Call providers? I only see one ISDN MSN and 2 VOIP providers in the example, no sign of any CbC dialing...
- how about weekdays/weekends dialing? I would like to use a ISDN MSN in the weekends and a CbC provider during the week, to use the weekends-free-calling option of KPN.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Robert,

- For as far as I know there's only the ip-phone-forum and Harald's website.

- You can use your 10 voip numbers by using in the "provider" section the numbers 240 up to 249 (and use them in the "time" section)

- How you can make a selection in LCR with your fixed MSN's I don't know. I know you can dail *111#, *112#, etc. before the actual number to select the used MSN. But how this is done in LCR? Maybe Harald can give us a clue?

- You can use your CBC providers by adding an entry in the "provider" section like the following example:

1 01019 :01019 Telefondienste-CbC;

Where 01019 is the prefix to be dailed before the actual phone number. And use the provider sequence number "1" in the "time" section.

- For each dailplan (local, national, mobile, etc.) in the "time" section use the upper line for mon-fri (for each hour per day) and the lower line for sat-sun(for each hour per day). That is, if you set the "flagstimer" on "2" for each provider.

Good luck.......

Gusman ;)
the Netherlands

Ahhh...! Okay, this will get me going!

I don't really need to use my MSN's for LCR, so that isn't a problem. I do need to prepend 16xx CbC codes though. And reading the above, that shoudl work. ;)

I created my own LCR file, based on the example (see below). Works like a charm.

And the LCR file contents are not that difficult, but I'm still curious about the [Restrictions] section. ;) Any URL with a *complete* description of the file?

Anhänge

• TelefonSparbuch_FritzBox_Manual.txt
    3.6 KB · Aufrufe: 194
Robert,

Good to hear that it works fine. I'm curious if you installed the LCR application or just the LCR configuration file?

For as far as I know you can skip the numbers 1, 7, 8 and 9 from your "local" list. According to the national dailrules in the Netherlands, local numbers without the area prefix can only start with 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6.

You have 6 providers, to make your configuration complete you should fill-in also 6 providers in your "flagstimer" section, now you only have 4.

I (still) haven't found a complete list of all the features of the LCR manual configuration file. Harald gave me some extra suggestions when I posted this how-to manual, but a full feature listing I haven't yet. What I know I found on the ip-phone-forum or learned by trail-and-error. What helped me al lot is the webbased creation of the configuration file on Harald's website: http://lcr.telefonsparbuch.de/tmpl/calc/telephone/lcr/FritzBox/calc_tk.htm?TKANLAGE_BASE=FritzBox

With this webbased "application" your able to create a LCR configuration file from scratch and save it on your computer. It's only based on German dailrules and providers but it gives you an idea how things work.......

Kind regards,

Gusman ;)
the Netherlands

I also installed the application, works fine (for viewing things, no need to edit anything apart from the update interval).

Local numbers *can* start woth 7, 8, 9 (I have two 0513-711xxx numbers). I also defined 1 as local, since they should be dialed with KPN, not VOIP.

I will probably add another type of call, for always-use-KPN numbers (112, 1x, 08xx, 09xx, 06760), this now uses 0 (with redundant 1601 CbC prefix).

I forgot about the flagstimer, that's probalby why I have no fallback for some rules. ;)

I will look into the generator to know the syntax for the LCR file, but that wull take some time... I'm off to the US on friday. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
LCR file configured the right way, with a special category for 1, 06760, 08, 09 and 00800 numbers. Works like a charm! :D

The Restrictions section is a list of extentions (1..3 for FON1..3, 4=dialthrough, 5=ISDN-S0, 6=ISDN-S0 data) that aren't allowed to use a zone.

So, if there is an area
0900 4 expensive 0900-numbers;

And a restriction
1 4;

Then FON1 can not dial 0900 numbers. Ofcourse there should also be a 4 entry in the Time block, which defines what provider should be used for 0900 dialing.

Is all makes sense. ;)

Very interesting story. As I see, installing LCR means more-or-less installing new firmware. What will happen if I do that on my Annex B 7050 (International version).
Will it still work? And will my GUI be English or German after that?

Jobc3,

As you can see in the first message (the How-to) of this topic, it's not necessary to install the LCR firmware to get this plugin running. You can also "only" upload the configuration file (after configuring you upload the settings through Harald's website to create a binary file) from point 7 in the how to.

I've never tried it myself to install LCR in the way, but the builder of this plugin Harald, came up with this option. In this way your firmware and/or your language stays the same. Except for the specific language "things" for the LCR configuration of coarse.

Good luck.........

p.s. I've simply installed the German firmware on my FB7050. In this way you've always has the latest firmware and the newest features......:D :D

Gusman ;)

Before seeing this thread I bought a Orchid Electronic LCR V4+ dialler which I assumed would work with my Fritz Box.

I was wrong :( The above product treats the '#' key a dial pause and cannot send the actual key so you cannot send the sequence *122# for example to select a given carrier.

So save your time and money and don't get one.

I have installed the suggested product on my International 7050 and the module loads okay but I don't think it like the fact that in the UK we use the POTS analogue line?

All the examples I have seen use the ISDN connection and was wondering if anyone has done a simple configuration for this in the UK or what should be in the template to use the POTS/Analogue connection?

Thanks in advance for any help

Automan.

I could not seem to get the LCR to work with the Analogue POTS port of my 7050 box so restored box to normal software.

I have however found a solution adding a AGFEO AC 14 Analogue PBX which includes LCR which can be setup via the provided software and the unit's USB connection.

Thus when required by the LCR rules adds *121# *122# to tell my 7050 to route the call via VOIP.

Unit can also log all calls, handle 4 extension, caller display including names of callers from the units phone book (if your phones can handle it).

Make sure "wait for CLID" is set under fax config to make sure incoming caller id is relayed.

Unit was just over £100.00 in UK

Makers website is at http://www.agfeo.de

Negatives
Strange dial tone.
Only about two phones per extension number seem to work before ringing goes funny.

Section number in [Time]

I have one question : in the [Time] section, each list is prefixed by a number. For example, in the attached file, the first one begins with 0, the second with 1 etc. My question is what does this number refer to ? Afterwards, it is the provider per hour, but it's this first number that I don't understand.

Thx

I know it's and old threat.
But I try working with it.
What I want is that if I call a numer begin with 06, it has to be 09001231150 <pause> 06xxxxxxxx#
Is that possible to configure with LCR?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.