Direct call to IP address

Jascrw

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi All,

Because there is no English forum for the S450 IP, I'll post my question here. Hopefully that is not a problem!

When I want to call an IP address directly, what is necessary at the receiving computer ?
I assume I need to have some program running that receives the call. Could e.g. the VoipBuster software be used for that purpose ?
What about when the receiving computer is in a local network? Do I need to have portforwarding enabled ? What port is used ?
Any other issue I should take care of?

Thanks,
Jan

Hi, I don't know how to call computers by ip... if you use any software like x-lite it listens always on a specific port you set somewhere in the settings menu.
unfortunately I don't know how to call ips on a specific port and you use port forwarding only when nat is enabled.

Calling ip phones directly (without nat) works perfectly. I already tried.
you simply type in the ip and instead of the dots you use *

Jascrw schrieb:
Hi All,

Because there is no English forum for the S450 IP, I'll post my question here. Hopefully that is not a problem!
that's true, but I found on siemens' french website an english speaking blog.
just search here for the following topic

fyi: Siemens-Blog für S450IP

it is written in german but in short: I wrote that there is something in english and the french guys also have some issues concerning the s450 IP
Jascrw schrieb:
When I want to call an IP address directly, what is necessary at the receiving computer ?
I assume I need to have some program running that receives the call. Could e.g. the VoipBuster software be used for that purpose ?
What about when the receiving computer is in a local network? Do I need to have portforwarding enabled ? What port is used ?
Any other issue I should take care of?

Thanks,
Jan
ah, as I see you already wrote a comment to that siemens blog

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.