Change to Annex A and English

minhbai

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I have a Fritz Box Fon WLAN 7170 for Duetch and Annex B,i want to change it to Annex A and change to English language, Please help me !Thanks very much.Please in English

The international version of the Fritz!box 7170 annex A is just distributed to the resellers (at least in the Netherlands this version is already in stock by some resellers). I didn't find a source for the download of the corresponding firmware but i guess it will be available soon from the avm-site (http://www.avm.de/en/Download/index.php3)

Hi,

@minhbai: i think you are searching for this Thread.
BtW, @sanniep, since last Month AVM sells english 7170-Boxes, klick, klick.

PS: @minhbai - @sanniep, Welcome in the Forum! :)

@doc456: Thanks for the links. Do you know if the 7170 annex A- firmware (English) is already available for download somewhere? I have a German (1&1) 7170 annex B v1, but unfortunately the annex A patch is not working flawlessly (to be exact: sync is lost exactly after 1.05 minutes repeatedly), so I hope the international firmware perhaps will solve my problem.

Hi,

no, at the Moment the Firwmware is not available, only on the boxes themselves.
Try to contact AVM via email and ask for the Firmware, IMHO they will send it to you.

I received from avm the english firmware (recover tool 04.34 7170 annex A international). I will try this evening on my german 7170 box to see if it works. If anybody is interested in receiving this firmware then please send me a message and I will forward the file (because it is not allowed to post firmware in this forum, if am not mistaken)

Unfortunately it isn't working :( . The recovery software detects that the hardware is not correct. I guess we'll have to wait untill the smart guys can modify the firmware.

HI,sanniep,i see you have a firmware from AVM ,can you forward for me ? I'll will try to update for the international version.Thanks very much.My Email is [email protected] .Please send me soon because i really need it.

Any news of sanniep? Probably he has got scared from all the firmware inquiries. Has anybody got a reply?

Telefonicus

The recovery software detects that the hardware is not correct
And whatever the smart guys will come up with you hardware will remain Annex B so, with higher speeds, you will undoubtedly suffer performance losses when you alter it to Annex A

Edit: my international version [Annex A] of the 7170 is due the day after tomorrow, meaning I will have the CD and [hopefully] the FW.

fritsv schrieb:
my international version [Annex A] of the 7170 is due the day after tomorrow, meaning I will have the CD and [hopefully] the FW.

Nope. The other smart guy who flashed his English box to German says there is no English FW on CD and that it's not yet available from AVM neither.

BTW, your Dutch dealer will niet beschikken naar het buitenland - only to the Netherlands :-(

Have a nice weekend!

Telonius

[EDIT]ps

What do you mean with higher speeds? How does your patched Annex-A Firmware 29.04.33 perform?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
there is no English FW on CD
That is unexpected, to put it friendly.
I would assume that if something goes wrong with the box AVM would have
to give me some kind of recovery though.

How does your patched Annex-A Firmware 29.04.33 perform
With my relatively slow speed it is quit allright. How ever I have read in this forum that when you get up to higher speeds your "losses" in speed compared to real Annex A hardware will increase.
There are quit big gaps in my spectrum [see attachment]

Anhänge

• FB7170.JPG
    FB7170.JPG
    41.6 KB · Aufrufe: 30
fritsv schrieb:
AVM would have to give me some kind of recovery though.
They'll rather give you new box - shipping at your expense. I understand they are preparing a recovery release but it's not their highest priority. They have to support about 20 hardware models in more than 40 versions, with the international versions being just the smallest market segment.
real Annex A hardware will increase. There are quite big gaps in my spectrum
Yes, annex-A hardware will improve performance a bit. Don't expect too much from it as it only widens the spectrum towards the lower end (left side in the diagram) where you can expect higher signal amplitudes (better Signal/Noise Ratio). I see you have a poor DSL line with a wide gap around 900 kHz - do you live next to an AM radio station or two?

Make sure your ADSL/phone line is terminated correctly (directly to the Fritzbox or via a Greek!!! splitter - try another splitter if possible) and that there are no phones connected to it via filters. Also, make sure the line in your house is not 'tapped', i.e. no other cables and phone outlets connected.

You can test your Fritzbox directly at the 'demarcation point' where the phoneline enters your house. It is described somwhere in this forum.

Good luck!
Telefonicus

ps
I've googled for you (you owe me an ouzo :) )

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=86116

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
They'll rather give you new box - shipping at your expense
If [without any of my doing] something went wrong with the box I would not find that acceptable and would expect the same treatment as any other AVM-customer, especially since sanniep wrote:
received from avm the English firmware (recover tool 04.34 7170 annex A international).

I see you have a poor DSL line with a wide gap around 900 kHz - do you live next to an AM radio station or two?
I am not complaining about my DSL-connection which is stable and allows me to make two VOIP-calls at the same time, while receiving a 3rd on my "Emergency"-telephone which is hooked up [through a filter] directly to the Greek telephone system. Following Novices howto it seems that for my speed SNR and "Dampfung" are within expected parameters

Make sure your ADSL/phone line is terminated correctly (directly to the Fritzbox or via a Greek!!! splitter - try another splitter if possible) and that there are no phones connected to it via filters. Also, make sure the line in your house is not 'tapped', i.e. no other cables and phone outlets connected
If you look at a Greek modern house you will see telephone-outlets in practically every room and the lines are hidden in the walls. Without wrecking the place it is virtually impossible to do so. Also when you live here you have to live with planned [6 hours] and unplanned power-cuts which implies that you have to have a backup-plan if you want to use the telephone; hence the emergency-line

I've googled for you (you owe me an ouzo )
Never touch the stuff. Am a raki-drinker myself. Come over and I will treat you to one ;)

Edit: when I receive my international Box and install it [tomorrow] I will let you know what, if any, the diferences are

Anhänge

• FB7170DSL.JPG
    FB7170DSL.JPG
    133 KB · Aufrufe: 33
As promised, the pertinent screens of my connection with the 7170 International with Annex A.
SNR and Line attenuation [Daempfung] have changed somewhat, the spectre looks better and now there is a power cutback of 4 dB.
There was indeed NO firmware on the CD
User data rate remained at 696/174
Edit: just noticed that bitswap used to be on and is off now
Edit2: the attainable data rate [Leitungskapazität] hat sich ebenfalls erhöht von 7328/756 to 11256/936
I cannot guess on which [German] FW this is based. It seems to me there are some things missing and by my [still somewhat little] experience sofar it has a bug or 2 [amongst others the "test ring" on click-to-dial which refuses to maky my phone ring

Mods: vielleicht waere es eine idee eine neue thread zu starten "FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170 Annex A, Firmware version 58.04.34"
und beliebiges nach dort zu verschieben ?

Anhänge

• overview.JPG
    overview.JPG
    123.1 KB · Aufrufe: 25
  • DSLinfo.JPG
    DSLinfo.JPG
    120.8 KB · Aufrufe: 19
  • ADSL.JPG
    ADSL.JPG
    135.7 KB · Aufrufe: 15
  • Advanced.JPG
    Advanced.JPG
    127 KB · Aufrufe: 12
  • Spectrum.JPG
    Spectrum.JPG
    135.9 KB · Aufrufe: 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Your spectrum appears to be shifted towards the lower frequencies leaving an even wider gap at the high side. However, you've gained 5 db but your download rate remains the same. I think your problem is the phone cable. If you live on the 44th floor of the Heraklion Empire State Building you should trial connect down at the concierge's office or ask the φύλακες ακινήτων for the key to the σημείο οριοθέτησης.

Have you learned some Greek already? Sorry for being sarcastic - I myself prefer Rak| as well :)

Cheers,
Telonius

Have you learned some Greek already? Sorry for being sarcastic - I myself prefer Raki as well
Not enough to notice that you were being sarcastic ;)

I agree that the progess is solely in the lower frequencies [which by the way you were predicting yourself] however my SNR went up quit a bit and I have a stable connection and the attainable data rate [Leitungskapazität] went from 7328/756 to 11256/936
which gives me hope for the future

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.