7140: "No mass storage device is connected" after installing Freetz 1.0

darkhelmet

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi all, I'm sorry for posting in English but my German writing is not good enough. My German-reading skills are a bit better but I could not find a solution for my problem:

I am using a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7140 Annex A, Firmware version 39.04.56 with an external harddrive connected to the USB port (WD Mybook 250GB). Before installing Freetz 1.0, my WD MyBook was working fine on my Fritz!Box.

I wanted to use the SMB and NTFS features of Freetz, so I followed a guide and compiled a Freetz-enabled firmware (7140_04.56-freetz-1.0.en_20080719-153022.image) with StinkyLinux.

Installing this firmware went fine, all my Fritz!Box settings were kept and my Fritz!Box works fine for LAN, WLAN and VOIP. However, my WD MyBook is not detected anymore. When I go to USB Deviced on the FB webinterface I get:
No mass storage device is connected to FRITZ!Box.

I have tried different file systems (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2) and 2 different USB drives + a USB-stick. None of them showed up. When I connected my USB-printer, it was recognized just fine.

Can anyone help me solve this? What options should I check when creating the Freetz-image (in 'make menuconfig')?

At the moment it isn't possible to use filesystems other than originally provided by FBox (fat,ext2) Firmware with Freetz-1.0. With current trunk all filesystems should work.

Regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver, thanks for your answer. I did't change the filesystem before installing Freetz, so it was still FAT(32). (I must admit that there was also a NTFS partition on the same WD MyBook but this was simply ignored by my FritzBox before installing Freetz).

Anyway, I have also formatted a USB stick with ext2 but this is not detected by the FritzBox either.

What do you mean by 'current trunk'? Is that the development version of Freetz?

Thanks for the tip, McNetic! I finally figured out how this subversion thing works and managed to compile a new firmware image from trunk version 2383. Guess what, it works :).

Even my NTFS USB-harddrive is recognized by my Fritz!Box and read+write is working via FTP and Samba :)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.