Bridge mode with PPPoA possible?

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

I have a German annex B Fritz!box 7170 (version 1) which I use in Belgium. Because we use annex A here, I put an ethernet ADSL modem in front of it. The ADSL modem is working in bridged mode, so the Fritz!box is making the connection via PPPoE. This worked quite well.

Now, I recently changed to another Internet provider, and this provider only supports PPPoA. And I can't get my configuration to work anymore.

The Fritz!box doesn't have a PPPoA option when you select to use a modem ahead of it (only PPPoE). Only when the Fritz!box is making the ADSL connection himself, there is a choise of both PPPoA and PPPoE.

Is it possible to do PPPoA in this way? Or is it impossible, hence the name "... over Ethernet".

So: does anyone here know if it's possible to use PPPoA in bridged mode?

Thanks for your help.

So: does anyone here know if it's possible to use PPPoA in bridged mode?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Edward,

just come across your thread and did some research in this forum. There is a solution to your problem by "crossgrading" your german 7170 to Annex A/PPPoA.

After crossgrading you can use your modified 7170 with or without another ADSL-modem in bridged-mode in front of your 7170.

And after having crossgraded you can do further firmware update(s) with german 7170-firmwares, which have extended functionality compared to international 7170 Fritz-Boxes (native Annex-A-boxes).

For further information please look into this thread:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?p=555396

The forum member fritsv is apparently experienced in further updating a crossgraded 7170. He would answer too in english to PMs.

-jesko

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
vignajeanniegolabek
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.