[HowTo] Installation FRITZ!fax for FRITZ!Box (en)

doc456

IPPF-Urgestein
Punkte für Reaktionen
Installation sequence for a flawless Function of the AVM-Software “Fritz!Fax für Fritz!Box”
(Sorry for my bad English, but I wrote it “quick’n’dirty”)

Before Installation:
  • Start computer with administrator privileges
  • A password of any existing Fritz!Box can be temporarily switched off
  • Any type of firewall should be offline, better uninstalled (Problems with Norton, Kaspersky, etc)
  • When using multiple Fritz-Boxes, remove them all temporarily from the system, you should only use the Box which provides the Internet.
RECOMMENDATION:
If you have previously installed AVM-Software, the following things are necessary to do:
  • Completely uninstall all AVM-Software, such like DSL-Software, etc. (Try Revo Uninstaller)
  • Erase this Entry in the registry:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AVM #[COLOR=Red](x32/x64)[/COLOR]
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVM #[COLOR=Red](x32/x64)[/COLOR]
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AVM #[COLOR=Red](x64)[/COLOR]
    Note: to find all entries of the Registry, you can use this Tool
Installation of the Software:
  • Download the Software here (only German)
    Attention:
    There is no Support from AVM for the Software, it’s only a free give-away!
  • Start the Installation
  • The Fritz!Box should be detected, if not,
    - check out your IP-Settings.
    - turn from DHCP to fixed IP
    and
    - set the following Entries manually to the Registry:
    ** x32 **
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVM\AVMIGDCTRL]
    "FoundFritzBoxes"="IP-of-the-Fritz!Box"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVM\CAPIoTCP]
    "Port"=dword:000013a7
    ** x64 **
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AVM\AVMIGDCTRL]
    "FoundFritzboxes"="IP-of-the-Fritz!Box"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AVM\CAPIoTCP]
    "Port"=dword:000013a7
  • Reboot the Machine and start the Installation again.
    Sometimes it can last a long Time, that the Installation continues, let it run, don’t worry!
  • Copy the the capi2032.dll from the Installationdirectory to the Windows system32/SysWOW-Directory.
  • Rename the capi2032.dll at the Installationdirectory.
  • Reboot the Machine
If the Netcapi at the Fritz!Box was not be activated during the Installation (Error 801, etc.), you can connect a Phone directly to the Box (FON1, FON2, S0) and use the following Keypad’s to turn it on or off:
Code:
#96*2* = CapioverTCP OFF
#96*3* = CapioverTCP ON
Settings:
To send faxes via landline, you have to activate at the Fritz!Fax-Settings-Tab “ISDN/ISDN-Controller connection”
  • "FRITZ!Box ISDN" or
  • "FRITZ!Box Analog", or
    to send a Fax via Internet, you have to select
  • “Internet”-Checkbox or
  • fill in Controller 5 at the Input-Box.
  • Attention: The second Channel of F4B must be deactivated!
Controllersettings:
  • 1 = for Fritz!Boxes at the ISDN line (the default setting!)
  • 2 = for Fritz!Boxes at the Analog line
  • 3 = for Fritz!Boxes without S0 (the "old") on the analog Connector
  • 4 = for Fritz!Boxes with S0 (5050/7050) at the analog Port
  • 5 = Forces Fax via IP (Internet)
Example Pic’s for Settings: klick

BtW, there is a Kompendium (unfortunately only in German) with very good tools (Pikachu) to examine the Installation. Try it out!

If I forgot something, please send me a PM via the Board to correct the Failure. Thx!

Attention:
Please do not write Questions in this Thread, open a new Theme at this Part of the Board!

Changelog:
08/14/2009 - Tool to find Registry Entries
08/24/2009 - Code-Tags included

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sorry for gravedigging, but i guess that the information should be put here, and also sorry for my German, it is terrible (i'm trying to learn it but after 11 daily hours of work is quite hard, at least for me, sorry again).

I want to thank all the contributors of the threads about fritz!fax for fritz!box that were very useful (at least with my limited translation skills).

I would like to add some quick information (that can be expanded, but i don't know if i will have the time, mentioning them is better than nothing btw):
1. to let the fritz!fax installer discover the fritzbox in a non small network (hundred of devices, subnet mask 255.255.240.0, without possibility of choosing "preferred IPs" in the network), the fritz!box ip should be mentioned as the first DNS of the computer where fritz!fax is installed. That works, at least, with fritzfax (i had the 7170 ) that accepts the internet on the port LAN1 and see the ports LAN2,LAN3, LAN4 as internal network. I used the fritz!box with static ip for the internal network (an ip/subnet mask compatible with the existing network) without connecting any cable to the LAN1.

Then use the pikachu's AVM_NetCapi (but be aware to change the first DNS again with a working DNS, else the program won't work)

2. fritz!fax can be installed on win2012 r2 64 bit

3. for multiusers context, after installing fritzfax with the local administrator, only the first non-admin user will be able to configure the ISDN-controller options (options, ISDN, IDSN controller) of fritzfax. The others will see no options. To overcome the problem login with the user that sees the IDSN-controller options, export the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVM and then import it using the other users.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.