FB 7270 : ENUM funktioniert nicht mehr ?

freesoft

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

I'm very sorry to post in english, but any help or answer "auf deutsch" is welcome :)

I just bought a FB 7270 (version 2, CH edition), with firmware 54.04.67 and I see that ENUM does not work anymore.. :confused: There is no lookup even with enum well activated in the web interface and /var/flash/voip.cfg ...

I have upgraded to the latest german firmware, 54.04.76, but it's exactly the same. Is there any workaround ?

Thank you for any answer !

What a bad idea ! Does it mean it has been removed from the source code itself ?

I already compiled and installed the latest freetz 1.1 firmware mod, but the ENUM function still does not work. Perhaps I missed something (?)

I see you have the 7170 with the latest firmware, does it work for you ?

Due to that reason and also "voipd -v" does not longer work, I moved back to firmware 29.04.59.
At the moment i don't miss anything of the newer firmwares.
I use internet by cable so the improvement of DSL is not important for me.

Nope, ENUM does not work with the newest firmware, though I cannot acknowledge whether it has been removed from the source code as well.
I'm using asterisk which supports enum almost out-of-the-box.

I have no experience whatsoever with freetz. Anyways, I know that you can have asterisk on your fritzbox with freetz.
And, as rentacar stated above, you could switch back to an older firmware with enum support.
Thus, you can have ENUM one way or another.

However, the fritzboxes (including 7270) do not support ENUM any more.
As far as I know there is no official statement from AVM that justifies this decision.
But since AVM is selling a lot of its devices to Telcos it sounds much alike a concession to their needs; it is not in the telcos best interest that anyone would be able to make free sip calls.

And more generally spoken, ENUM certainly is a big thorn in the telcos flesh.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I also think that it's a kind a "business" affair, effectively ENUM is not the friend of voip providers in general. But there is always the possiblity of making free P2P calls with dynamic DNS, so I hope they will change their minds !

Edit : I also remarked that they have added a new enum domain in the voip.cfg file... : (in the new firmware)

enumdomains = "e164.arpa", "e164.org", "openenum.eu";

If they really don't want to support enum anymore, why did they add "openenum.eu" in the list... strange ...

New .76 international firmware has enum checkbox...i can confirm that...have 2 of 7270 with international firmware...haven't tested yet enum option , but will reply in this post or another if it works

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.