Fritz SIP server - connecting phones over internet

meanstreak

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi all, this is my first post here

Since I bought my first fritz this forum has been a lot of help to me ( along with google translating it to english). So I wanted to give something back to forum.

Many of you are seeking solutions to connect multiple fritz boxes or your cell phone to your fritz box. The problem is that Integrated SIP server on 7270 and 7170 is not functioning over internet, not by means of dyndns or VPN.

The answer is so simple and much better than I could imagine - GIZMO 5[/U]
becouse you can connect your SIP device via Gizmo sip server and your account data. Even more - you get your own SIP number in Gizmo numeration.You make another Gizmo account for your other fritz or your cell phone and Voila. This is much better than using integrated sip server in Fritz ( even if it could work) becouse :
- you can connect any extension on your fritz box to any extension on another fritz box over internet .

Here is how it goes :
I have 3 x Fritz 7270 - each on separate location with it's own DSL connection.
Every box has few analog phones, DECT and even Linksys SPA2102 ATA connected to the box ( via 7270 internal sip server) to be able to connect more analog phones. And even GSM gateway connected in parralel to the ISDN over home made cable
- any extension from one fritz can talk to any extension to other side of the fritz ( over Gizmo...just like many people make Skype to Skype calls).

1. Make as many Gizmo accouns as you have extensions on all of your box-es
2. Input a new Voip provider in fritzbox for every extension on that box. Voip provider settings are actualy your gizmo account details and your gizmo SIP number. Repeat the procedure on all of your box-es.
3. Go to every extension and add to react on incoming calls from its own Gizmo number - just select one of Internet providers you previously created
4. Add dialing rule for your gizmo numbers to go out over any of your gizmo voip providers. You can just pick one of previously set voip SIP accounts. Repeat this step for every fritz box.
5. Last but not least - Make a central telephone book on one fritz box. Enter a name, Gizmo sip number and your extension muber like **701 for each of your extensions ( on all your boxes). Now export this phone book and import it to all other fritz box-es.

Voila, you now pick up a phone anc call for example **703 and you connect to somebody in another branch office, in another town, city, country, or continent :)). The same way you connect to your Cell phone friend using Gizmo on his mobile, and he can call you back too

Look at attached pictures if your not shure what to do

Attachments

Anhänge

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Aufrufe: 76
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    30.9 KB · Aufrufe: 52
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Aufrufe: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.4 KB · Aufrufe: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Aufrufe: 48
I read here now that Fritz 7270 is able to do ENUM lookup as well as answer the call over ENUM published number. This would be even better. Has anyone done it ?

Unfortunately in this case your Mobile phone will not connect in the same way as with gizmo

The problem is that Integrated SIP server on 7270 and 7170 is not functioning over internet

Are you sure? I've heard many people connecting via SIP to their Fritzbox over the WAN. In fact, I can do it over a distance of about 10.000km right now, although I have to admit, it's not yet trouble-free. Or are you talking about something else?

I read here now that Fritz 7270 is able to do ENUM lookup

Unfortunately, not any more. AVM removed ENUM from the firmware. :mad: I'd love to use it, too.

SIP server in 7270 works over lan and with softclients, but can't connect One box to another. Over VPN not even get it to register, and if you input fritz.box as a registar and your dyndns adress as a proxy it can register but no one can hear each other.
Probably devices that are able to input stun server or realm can get it to work, but i don't see in my fritz box that I can input that in my voip provider settings.

ENUM
For my first 7270 I have replaced the original ver.67 international firmware with one compiled of .54.04.99-14869 and .67 international web interface. - NO ENUM in the user interface seen.

BUT - on other two boxes which came with .63 firmware in release and now upgraded with new fresh released international 54.04.76 ENUM has a CHECKBOX on the voip advanced settings

Can someone confirm that enum actualy works and how to set an account on 7270 to actualy be able to recive calls over ENUM

Thank you in forward

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.