USB access

flame23

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello everybody!
I have just installed freetz on my box,7140. Before I could access the USB without a problem but now I get an error message: 530 User anonymous access denied.
I tried to use freetz and admin as passwords with no results..
What should I do?

There should be some instructions around here. Perhaps try to search something like ftp user vsftpd/bftpd/ftpd...

Regards,
Oliver

I have found somethings but they are in deutsch and I couldnt understand them...

Try google translation?

I have already tried it but it didnt help me at all..
I think this must be, right?
I suppose it should work using ftp://[email protected]/ but i get the same error for the user ftpuser...
I have found out though that i can connect to the usb stick via telnet.. I think this is all about wrong password I am using... Any help?..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
For me there was a problem that AVM's ftpd only searches /etc/passwd for a password and not /etc/shadow. Can you paste your /etc/passwd? Perhaps *** out if there is a password in it.
You are using Freetz Trunk right?

Regards,
Oliver

Yes I am using the trunk..

Code:
root:x:0:0:root:/mod/root:/bin/sh
bittorrent:x:1:1:Torrent server:/home/bittorrent:/bin/sh

Please try what happens when you use "adduser" to add a new user. Can you logon with this one? Does it work if you copy the password from the shadow to the passwd file and replace x.

Regards,
Oliver

You mean something like this?

Code:
useradd -d /home/ftp/flame23/ -s /dev/null flame23 > /dev/null 2>&1

Or in other words, what command should i use..?

However it doesnt really bother me, because i use the hdd to download torrents then disconnect it from the box and connect it to my pc to access my file.. But for educational reason what should i do to access via ftp?

I thought of something like this:
Code:
adduser ftpuser -G users -D -S -g "FTP account"

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver I used your command and now when i try to connect it asks me for a username and password..
User Name : ftpuser
Password : ?????what should it be??????

I tried
Code:
passwd ftpuser

then entered as new code freetz but when i try to log on with these "login incorrect".....

For AVM's ftpd the password has to be in /etc/passwd. Perhaps it has gone to /etc/shadow because Freetz is doing it like this.

Regards,
Oliver

ok,in shadow after the ftpuser there is a long string what should i do with that?

Code:
ftpuser:$1$wwwkslw$VLe84YKbwmjHUrP/8Hw291:1000:0:ftp user:/var/media/ftp:/bin/sh
nobody:x:1:2:nobody:/home/nobody:/bin/false
Your ftpuser should have an x in column 2 (see nobody user above). You have to cut the password from shadow and paste it instead of the x in column 2 like you can see it in the first line.

Regards,
Oliver

Is there any other way except the vi command?

PS: I dont know why nor how but the ftpuser was deleted...

So if i am going to use vi (because i cant make others work ) how am i supposed to do that?

You can find many vi tutorials searching with google.

Regards
Oliver

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.