external 'nano' and 'libncurses', doesn't work

ramik

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I have just discovered today the external feature for the freetz, and already added some packages that support external, they work as expected, but the nano does not work, it says nano: can't load library 'libncurses.so.5', as follows:

after the build with linux, i get that the lib was moved and linked, in the build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib i see that there is a symbolic link to the uStor01, but when i flash the firmware to my fritz i don't see the link to the library on the external folder, is there a bug somewhere?

I have no problem:
Code:
/usr/lib # l /usr/lib/libncur*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Nov 19  2009 /usr/lib/libncurses.so -> libncurses.so.5
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Nov 19  2009 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 -> libncurses.so.5.7
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           26 Nov 19  2009 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7 -> /usb/ext/libncurses.so.5.7

Strange, but your external url is different, maybe it changes the result?

I tried making the firmware a second time, with same results, for some reason it doesn't link the libncurses to the external storage :s

Whats the output of
Code:
ls -al build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib/libnc*
ls -al build/modified/external/libnc*

Here is the output:
Code:
rami@ubuntu:~/freetz$ ls -al build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib/libnc*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rami rami 15 2009-11-21 18:20 build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib/libncurses.so -> libncurses.so.5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rami rami 17 2009-11-21 18:20 build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 -> libncurses.so.5.7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rami rami 49 2009-11-21 18:21 build/modified/filesystem/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7 -> /var/media/ftp/uStor01/external/libncurses.so.5.7
rami@ubuntu:~/freetz$ ls -al build/modified/external/libnc*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 rami rami 203648 2009-11-21 14:57 build/modified/external/libncurses.so.5.7
rami@ubuntu:~/freetz$

but still for some reason when it's flashed, the link gets lost.

ps. the usb storage where i have the external folder is formatted with FAT32, do i need to have it formated with ext2 or ext3?

Looks good :-/ I use ext3 but the others are also okay

I would like to see the output of
Code:
ls -l /var/media/ftp/uStor01/external/libncurses.so.5.7 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7

I know you posted one of them before, but i think you'll see the reason...

Code:
/var/mod/root # ls -l /var/media/ftp/uStor01/external/libncurses.so.5.7 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7
ls: /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7: No such file or directory
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       203648 Nov 21 14:57 /var/media/ftp/uStor01/external/libncurses.so.5.7
/var/mod/root #

for some reason, the /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7 is neither physically present nor through the link...

Are there any symlinks to /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7 in /usr/lib?
Code:
ls -l /usr/lib/libncurses*
If there's nothing, please rebuild your firmware an flash it properly...

Are there any symlinks to /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.7 in /usr/lib?
Code:
ls -l /usr/lib/libncurses*
If there's nothing, please rebuild your firmware an flash it properly...

in the /usr/lib there are only 2 links to libncurses, one from .so to .so.5 and one from .so.5 to .so.5.7, and this last is not anywhere.

And i am already making a new build, all clean, from trunk and .config....

Update:
after the complete new build, everything is working now !!!!
(it is strange, as before i made the build 3 times, but not from a clean system :s)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.