2 of 1 partitions mounted

flame23

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I have found this problem really annoying..
I have connected to my box an external ntfs hdd with only one partition and i am using the transmission for torrents downloading..
After some hours the box mounts the only one partition that exist again i think and then i have two partitions(uStor01 and uStor11) without being able to access the original uStor01..
If i disconnect the hdd and connect it again it works fine but after a while the same again...
I think that this must be already solved here?..

@flame23: The problem can not be solved by software, because it is a hardware problem with your hard disk. Please use a good active USB hub. May be this measure will solve your problem.
From the software point of view we have a lot of workarrounds for this problem. You found one of this workarrounds already. Other workarround was posted here by me, but is not in the trunk, since I'm working on the better implementation. My workarround uses blkid binary from e2fsprogs package and allows you define your own label/name for each partition.

Best regards,

I use an internal disk with a case as an external.. So what is causing this? The not so good made usb from the manufacture..
I use the only one usb port i have at my box...

Do you have a separate power supply for your HDD or do you use the power from the box via usb cable? In case of an active hub you will supply your HDD from the power supply of the usb hub instead of gain it from the box. This should work better.

Best regards,

Yes it has its own power supply..

So there is nothing I can do?

By the way, with firmware ...04.76 this re-mounting has gone for me, but with the earlier firmwares i had this problem too for one or two times a week.
Wich firmware and box did you you use? Try to build a firmware with AVMs lates firmware-version.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.