make and problem with rrdtool "can't load library 'libart_lgpl_2.so.2'"

ramik

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I keep getting this issue over and over with every build of the firmware i make.

Code:
/var/mod/root # rrdtool
rrdtool: can't load library 'libart_lgpl_2.so.2'

the issue is that i start with everything clean on an ubuntu linux virtual machine, i get the latest trunk from the svn, copy over the already downloaded 'dl' folder and the '.config' file, make menuconfig, then make and i get an image and external file that i update on my fritz and i have everything working, rrdtool and everything else (rrdtool and the libraries it use are all externalized).

every few days i change update the trunk i have on my disk, i change some package selections, do a 'make dirclean', build a new firmware, and 100% of the time i get the issue aove, rrdtool will not find the libart_lgpl, the lib is on the external folder, but in the /usr/lib there is no symbolic link to the external folder...

i tried yesterday night will all the available clean options (busybox clean, kernel clean, tools-distclean), and i still get the issue, the only solution that i have now is to delete the complete svn folder on my ubunto, redownload a clean trunk from svn, copy dl and .config and build the firmware, only then i get a working rrdtool again...

what could be the problem? is it only me or what?

Hi ramik,

1. Would you please _attach_ the .config you are experiencing the problem with?
  2. Would you please look into the root/usr/lib folder? Are there any libart_lgpl_2-files in there? (my assumption: no)
  3. Does external mention libart_lgpl? Do you see something like "not found & linked" (my assumption: both no)?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi ramik,

1. Would you please _attach_ the .config you are experiencing the problem with?
  2. Would you please look into the root/usr/lib folder? Are there any libart_lgpl_2-files in there? (my assumption: no)
  3. Does external mention libart_lgpl? Do you see something like "not found & linked" (my assumption: both no)?

I am in the office now, when i get home i'll send the .config and things that need the linux system, but, currently on the fritz, in the /usr/lin i see 2 libart files:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Dec 17 23:33 libart_lgpl_2.so -> libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.20
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Dec 17 23:33 libart_lgpl_2.so.2 -> libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.20
[...other files...]
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Dec 17 23:33 libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6.3.22
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Dec 17 23:33 libfreetype.so.6 -> libfreetype.so.6.3.22
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           61 Dec 17 23:33 libfreetype.so.6.3.22 -> /var/media/ftp/uStor01/external/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.3.22
as noticed, the link for libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.20 to the external is missing, while many other libraries have this symbolic link... and in the external folder of the usb stick i have the correct file, tonight l'll check the build system and the "not found and linked" thing, maybe i didn't check the exact message....

the strange thing is that on a clean system it works, while on a "non-clean" system, this is the only library that lose its link :confused:
sometimes i want just to change a single package, but finish doing a complete clean build from scratch.

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Gjorstn
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.