[Problem] Freetz is not working for international version

HarryT2

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi

I just tried to build a new international package with fw 84.06.01. This aborts because the german image FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image is downloaded instead of the international version. Then the check fails. Then I downloaded the international version by hand and placed in in the dl directory with the name of the german version. This seems to work. At least my computer is building at the moment.

{HT}

Hi

To inform all users. Although I was able to build a firmware version and load in in my box, after that, my box didn't start again. So I had to recover. Conclusion, my "fix" is not the solution.

{HT}

I have build a Image for two days and i thought it should work. I don't have test it but no negativ replay that it don't work reched me now.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have build a Image for two days and i thought it schould work. I don't have test it but no negativ replay that it don't work reched me now.

You build an international version? As i tries do download a german fw version for the internatinal build I can understand a german build will work.

BTW I upgraded to 6.01 and try to load another firmware. I am not sure, but beleave the load firmware version without upgrading is not present in version 6.01.

{HT}

I can't check it now because i'm at work. I send you a Link via PN. You could test it for me if you want.

It should be a 7390.06.01.en Image.

The base of may image was this: FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.en-de-es-it-fr.84.06.01.image

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi
Today I checked again with a clean path and a fresh download from the svn trunk.

From the defaults I only changed deutsch->en international

Then make and I got:
====================================
--2014-01-02 10:19:53-- http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fr...FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image
Herleiden van download.avm.de (download.avm.de)... 212.42.244.7
Verbinding maken met download.avm.de (download.avm.de)|212.42.244.7|:80... verbonden.
HTTP-verzoek is verzonden; wachten op antwoord... 200 OK
Lengte: 16128000 (15M) [application/x-image]
Wordt opgeslagen als: ‘dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image’

100%[===================================================================================================================================================================================================>] 16.128.000 1,77MB/s in 9,1s

2014-01-02 10:20:03 (1,70 MB/s) - '‘dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image’' opgeslagen [16128000/16128000]

Download succeeded - "http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch" -> saved to folder "dl/fw"
MD5 mismatch for dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image: bd6f467161ffac3d1dcd7665ddbb497e 03163d418378560f4d4737360c5cf8f4

--2014-01-02 10:20:03-- ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox...FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image
=> ‘dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image’
Herleiden van ftp.avm.de (ftp.avm.de)... 212.42.244.90
Verbinding maken met ftp.avm.de (ftp.avm.de)|212.42.244.90|:21... verbonden.
Inloggen als anonymous... Ingelogd!
==> SYST ... gereed. ==> PWD ... gereed.
==> TYPE I ... gereed. ==> CWD (1) /fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch ... gereed.
==> SIZE FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image ... 16128000
==> PASV ... gereed. ==> RETR FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image ... gereed.
Lengte: 16128000 (15M) (onzeker)

100%[===================================================================================================================================================================================================>] 16.128.000 1,14MB/s in 15s

2014-01-02 10:20:18 (1,05 MB/s) - '‘dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image’' opgeslagen [16128000]

Download succeeded - "ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch" -> saved to folder "dl/fw"
MD5 mismatch for dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image: bd6f467161ffac3d1dcd7665ddbb497e 03163d418378560f4d4737360c5cf8f4

--2014-01-02 10:20:18-- ftp://service.avm.de/fritzbox.fon_w...FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image
=> ‘dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image’
Herleiden van service.avm.de (service.avm.de)... 212.42.244.77
Verbinding maken met service.avm.de (service.avm.de)|212.42.244.77|:21... verbonden.
Inloggen als anonymous... Ingelogd!
==> SYST ... gereed. ==> PWD ... gereed.
==> TYPE I ... gereed. ==> CWD (1) /fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch ...
Map '‘fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch’' bestaat niet.

Download failed - "ftp://service.avm.de/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7390/firmware/deutsch" -> error code 8

ERROR: Could not download firmware image. See http://trac.freetz.org/wiki/FAQ#Couldnotdownloadfirmwareimage for details.
make: *** [dl/fw/FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.AnnexB.84.06.01.image] Fout 3
=======================================

Yesterday, as I had to recover my fritzbox anyway I installed 5.51 and as it was very clean then I upgraded tot 6.01.This worked without problem. I tested the new webradio for a few minutes but it didn't produce any sound on my smartphone :-( Anybody tried this already?
I have lots of Freetz options enabled and FHEM running on my Fritzbox. So there maybe lots of reasons why my fritzbox didn't start again. As soon as the above works, I will try again and see if it works or can find why it doesn't work.

{HT}

Hi HarryT2

the issue with it downloading the incorrect firmware is solved now I think (some changes in Config.in)
However, I do have a problem with the international build also.

Can you tell me if you saw messages akin to this in your build?
Or even better, can you check again with the current build?

Thanks

Hi HarryT2

the issue with it downloading the incorrect firmware is solved now I think (some changes in Config.in)

I still get the same error when building. I guess config.in is not yet updated in trunk? If you send me the file I can try.

However, I do have a problem with the international build also.

Can you tell me if you saw messages akin to this in your build?
Or even better, can you check again with the current build?

Thanks

I think I saw something like that when building.

I try to send you a PM with my mail address.

Config.in is updated in the trunk. I can build a clean image with no download errors without tweaking anything.

But you have to remove Config.in.cache, and then go in/out of make menuconfig to rebuild the cache from the new Config.in
And also delete any tweaked/renamed images from dl/fw

Config.in is updated in the trunk. I can build a clean image with no download errors without tweaking anything.

But you have to remove Config.in.cache, and then go in/out of make menuconfig to rebuild the cache from the new Config.in
And also delete any tweaked/renamed images from dl/fw

Ok, I did a build with the latest trunk. And almost all parameters default. Then I got:

====

installing and stripping modules
fuse.ko ...................... 24.05 Kb
generating modules.dep
unresolved symbol is_pid_wan in file /lib/modules/2.6.28.10/kernel/net/avm_pa/avm_pa_fusiv.ko
unresolved symbol mcfw_set_avm_pa_dev_info in file /lib/modules/2.6.28.10/kernel/drivers/dsld/kdsldmod.ko
unresolved symbol cpmac_fusiv_if_rx2 in file /lib/modules/2.6.28.10/kernel/fusiv_src/kernel/drivers/ethdriver/ethdriver_lkm.ko
WARNING: Unresolved symbols detected, not all AVM-features may work.
No current sources by AVM? Error in kernel's .config?
kernel modules installed: 82 entries in modules.dep and 82 .ko-files found.
removing empty kernel module directories
kernel/drivers/speedtest
=====

Well, if HarryT2 or anyone else reports that he has those messages but he can use the image with no ill-effects anyway, yes, it can probably be ignored.

But for now, I get that warning too, about ethdriver, and the box does not respond on the network. So for now, I am assuming the warning is important.

@cybermaus & gismotro

As I continued building with my workaround on Tuesday and than loaded my new firmware my box wasn't reachable from a computer either. So it seems cybermaus is right and I would love if to hear is somebody build a working package with 6.01 international from a recent trunk version.

Hi

Today I build a 2 new image from the freetz trunk version of today. Withe avm firmware version 5.51 and 6.01. The avm firmware used is the only difference.
When I load the image with firmware 6.01 I can't reach my fritzbox anymore and have to recover
When I load the image with firmware 5.51 the fritzbox is running like expected

I think this proves cybermaus his conclusion. There is something wrong with the freetz in combination with the avm firmware 6.01

Something wrong with the *international* freetz in combination with avm firmware 6.01

Pretty sure if something was wrong with the German version, it would have been discovered within the first 5 minutes.

As Olistudent mentioned: its probably because we try to recompile the international kernel from german kernel sources. Need to patch the kernel sources somehow, but that is a lot of trouble to figure out. Not sure why it also happens if I do not rebuild kernel though. I suspect that may be another problem with freetz, that it rebuilds the kernel anyway.

Something wrong with the *international* freetz in combination with avm firmware 6.01
Correct off course :-((

As Olistudent mentioned: its probably because we try to recompile the international kernel from german kernel sources. Need to patch the kernel sources somehow, but that is a lot of trouble to figure out. Not sure why it also happens if I do not rebuild kernel though. I suspect that may be another problem with freetz, that it rebuilds the kernel anyway.

I didn't see Olistudents remarks is there a discussion about it somewhere? (Reading german is no problem for me) Maybe a stupid question, but why not using the international kernel sources? I

Yest, in my thread, linked a few posts up.

Because AVM did not publish them.

It should be mentioned that you have the right to request the sources from AVM, and that AVM has an obligation to provide them. The only problem is that you can't really do anything if they don't provide them.

It should be mentioned that you have the right to request the sources from AVM, and that AVM has an obligation to provide them. The only problem is that you can't really do anything if they don't provide them.

Right. At least parts of the kernel-code is licensed with a GPL2 license and the copyrights owner is the Free Software Foundation. The goal of this foundation is to get software free (as in freedom, not without payment). If AVM does not release the kernel sources of the international version this is a clear violation of the license. The FSF can take AVM to court for this.

I think the steps to do is asking AVM for the sources of the international kernel. Best would be if a lot of users ask this. If AVM refuses to publish the sources it is time to file a complaint by FSF and ask them to take action.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.