Freetz config save does not restore 2nd openvpn profile

cybermaus

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi guys

after not touching my 7340 for a year, I thought I'd update it.
Because kernel sources are still not available, I build native 7340 (not 7390 alien on 7340)
In fact, I have a spare 7340, and I updated that and saved/restored Freetz configuration (Freetz only option, I redid the Fritz config manually, because restoring alien to non-alien 7340 would crash the latter's second eth chip)

Firmware: 99.06.06 rev27689
Branding: avme
Freetz: devel-12553

Everything build and works fine first go.
Except...: I have two OpenVPN profiles active. One for speed on native UDP-1194. One for better gateway passing on tcp-443

After the migrate to the new , Freetz shows only one running and the other inactive. When I try to start the other one, it tells me I cannot as it is already active. And indeed, if I look with PuTTY it is running and has a pid file.

Code:
Status
openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL	stopped	
openvpn	                running

Code:
Starting openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL:
Starting openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL ... already running.

Code:
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# ps | grep openvpn
 2003 openvpn   2860 S    openvpn --config /mod/etc/openvpn.conf --writepid /var/run/openvpn.pid --daemon
 2030 openvpn   2872 S    openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL --config /mod/etc/openvpn.conf --writepid /var/run/openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL.pid --daemon
root@fritz:/var/mod/etc# ls -l | grep openvpn
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Jan  1  1970 default.openvpn -> /etc/default.openvpn
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           702 Jan  1  1970 openvpn.conf
root@fritz:/var/mod/etc#

Somehow, though the 2nd profile is visible with the correct parameters in the Freetz GUI, it is not enumerating it into the /etc/
I am pretty sure that last part should look like this:

Code:
root@fritz:/var/mod/etc# ls -l | grep openvpn
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            20 Jan  1  1970 default.openvpn -> /etc/default.openvpn
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            60 Oct 12 10:18 default.openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           684 Oct 12 10:18 openvpn.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           703 Oct 12 10:17 openvpn_OpenVPN-SSL.conf
root@fritz:/var/mod/etc#

Anyway, I solved it by deleting the second profile, and recreating it again in the Freetz GUI. So it is OK for me.
But I thought I best report the problem with the Freetz config save/restore here.

Thanks

From context of the /mod/etc/ folder the difference is exactly as described above:

Before recreate, only the 2 default openvpn files showed up
After delete/recreate, all 4 showed up, like I expected.

In fact the last code example above is from after I recreated it, I added that after I recreated it and was sure it worked.

Actually, i now also upgraded my first 7340. So without save-restore config, just firmware upgrade.
And it reacted the exact same way.

So it is not so much a save/restore problem. But somehow Freetz 10783 is not compatible with Freetz 12553 when it comes to the 2nd openvpn config.

Never mind. Just delete and recreate the 2nd OpenVPN.
Thanks

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.