[Gelöst] FB 3390 enable call monitor

jeroenz

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi Folks

Now my box 3390 is running well I only need the call monitor fucntion, I can't get it on due the absence of a physical phone.
telnet would also be nice but I read that fucntion is gone ? I do not dare to "flash" TelefonSparbuch_Telnet04.30.tar

To enable call monitor I did try:

I tried with the app icn short dail
tried a programm Fritz!Box_WB_21112.zip wich have al codes to select
I tried in jfritz to dail the #96*5*

Is there a way to get it on ?

thanks
jeroen

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Did you try to put it into an address book entry and dial it with the internal assistant (no idea, how it's called in the english version, in german it's 'Wählhilfe' ... so I'd assume 'dial assistant' or 'assisted dialing' in english) ?

And the rumor, the telnet daemon is absent in newer firmware versions, is wrong for "normal" routers ... only the DOCSIS/EPC models try to lock out the user/owner.

Your box should be able to start the telnet daemon with the usual phone code #96*7* ... try to dial it the same way as mentioned above. If you can't get it working, there's another way to start the telnet daemon (editing an exported settings file and import it afterwards) ...

The "old fashioned" way to start a telnet daemon using a pseudo update image is only usable with some additional cautions. If the update image tries to modify the debug.cfg file to start the telnet daemon on later firmware restarts, it has stopped working with newer AVM versions, 'cause the debug.cfg file is not used anymore.
If the pseudo update simply starts a telnet daemon, the process will be killed immediately by the delayed automatic restart, which is initiated as soon as an update image is uploaded to the box.

I don't know the content of the mentioned tar file ... but if 04.30 is a version number, there's only a tiny chance it will work with a 06.20 version.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Evening

I think it is called: Calls --> Dial Helper (enabled: Every listed Number is clickable)
Activating this and clicking on a created shortdial in "AVMs Phonebook" to #96*5* should activate the callmonitor feature too (almost every dialcode is working in this manner).
...even there is no physical phone connected/plugged in. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
evening !
thanks for the suggestions and explanation.
I don't have one click to dail or dial helper I can rember that from the 7170 but do not see it on the 3390.
I do tried with adres book to make that number wit a short number to it, I will try again with the android app.

about editing the settings, that is done by fbeditor07 right ? I have that but what to put where. my 3390 is on version 6.20 avme

ps
can it be done with some kind of code ? ( set call monitor and/or telnet )
quote SETENV firmware_version avm
quote REBOOT

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Both settings are maintained in the /var/flash/fx_conf file. Because the content is binary, you have to edit the hexadecimal representation of it in the export file.

The following settings are used:

offset 0x3881 (decimal 14465) -> callmonitor control, value '00' is 'off' and '01' is 'on'
offset 0x3882 (decimal 14466) -> telnet daemon control, value 'ff' is 'off' and '01' is 'on'

Each "binary" line of the export file contains 80 hexadecimal digits, that means 40 encoded bytes. To find the offset 14465 (decimal), you have to divide the offset by the number of bytes per line (14465 / 40 = 361) and the result is the line offset within the fx_conf content (first line is '0', not '1'). The remainder of the division is the column number: 14465 - (361 * 40) = 25 => due to the count of hexadecimal digits per byte, it's located in column 51/52 at the 362nd line of fx_conf.

The "telnet switch" is located immediately after the callmonitor switch and can be changed together with it in one single step.

Don't forget to check the previous values ... if there's another content, you're looking in the wrong place probably.

After changing the value and correcting the CRC32 checksum on the last line of the export file (FBEditor will do this for you while storing the file ... but you've to use an appropriate version of the editor), you can import the changed file.

You didn't write anything about your firmware version, so I have to guess ... newer versions (> 06.05) do not accept the "NoChecks" setting within the file and you've to avoid this. If the checksum is correct, it's even not needed ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
thanks PeterPawn

I am on version 6.20 avme
Maybe a stupid question but how do I get the fx_conf file ? or are the settings also located in the FRITZ.Box 3390 121.06.20i_14.12.14_2131.export ?

jeroen

edit:

ok I found in the export file **** BINFILE:fx_conf
that I have copied to a hexeditor try to find the value
on line 362 I have on col 48-51 F0101F , is that the one ? :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
or are the settings also located in the FRITZ.Box 3390 121.06.20i_14.12.14_2131.export
Yes, they are ... look for a line "BINFILE: fx_conf", the next one is the first of the file content.

because of the help from PeterPawn this is complete done and working fine, so thanks for that !
In some spare time I will try it again to understand the byte thing ;)

For other users:

What happend?
this line: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0101FFFFFFFFFFFF000000000000000000
is replaced with: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF01010101FFFFFFFF000000000000000000

then with the newer (FBEditor-0.7.0.6_15122014=ok) version of fbeditor then I had and nocheck OFF the device took the new config, after the reboot all was working. Older version of fbeditor did not transfer the config and the device did not allowed it with the restore fucntion.

Jeroen

@PeterPawn

tried on my 7390 with Telnet activated on FW 06.23, after upgrade to 06.25-30889, I don´t get Telnet to work.
Using FBEditor fx_conf shows 01 at the right offset so I guess there is something I´m missing to get Telnet back to work - already tried Waehlhilfe to turn Telent on / off / with no luck.
Would really appreciate any hint how I can get Telnet re-activated now, as Telnet access is crucial for me in order get start up my apache on the box which feeds the Cisco´s directory. Thanks in advance!

There's no simple way to get it back to work ...

The vendor uses a patch to check the existence of a special file (a symlink) during the startup of telnetd and therefore the daemon will quit immediately with any 06.25 version. If you've read the attached "infolab.txt" file, it should mention, that the telnet function isn't supported anymore. It's easy to "reanimate" ... but you've to modify the original firmware image and flash your own version. AFAIK there's only a german 06.25 available yet, so I'd think, you're able to read and understand german postings. If I'm right ... there're many threads regarding this theme and you can get hints there, how to change the original image (without any further modification) to support "debug.cfg" again and to re-add the symlink needed to start the original telnet daemon.

If your german knowledge isn't good enough, you could try to get some information from the "Freetz Wiki" (freetz.org), there're some english writings too. And last but not least, if you get any questions not already answered elsewhere, I would try to support you ... but please try to read other sources first, it saves a lot of time.

danke PeterPawn, kann Deutsch. Ich habe bereits vom Auspacken ueber Freetz gelesen, Symlink setzen ist auch kein Problem. Hatte es nur so verstanden, dass ich mir diesen laestigen Umweg unter Verwendung der fx_conf Methode sparen kann...werde dies dann doch so machen und darauf hoffen, dass Dein Mod Script bald die 7390 unterstuetzt ;-)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.