[Problem] Freetbox 7390 + openvpn

Okowielki

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,
I have software to Freetbox 7390 with openvpn

but it does not work correctly as it should.
Problem is with DNS,
I don't have an access to internet, but I can use my VOIP after change sip.voipdiscount.com to IP 77.72.169.131
unfortunatley nothing more than Voip does not working.
If i want get an access to internet, i must change preffered DNS in advanced setting of my router but then Voip is crashed

Openvpn works correctly, router make a tunnel as usual

Best Regards

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
It's like I have a show with what software I use?

If DNS will not work properly that might be a constraint from your providers DNS. They often restrict DNS queries to clients with their own IPs. If the queries are made through the VPN, the query packets are from "unknown IP sources" from your providers view.
So you might try using e.g. googles DNS 8.8.8.8 instead of the provider DNS (at least to figure out, if that's the problem). From your description that seems to be the case.
All in all, openvpn seems to work correct. The DNS issue has nothing to do with your VPN, its only a restriction of your ISP. Honestly I can't imagine how changing the DNS server might crash your VoIP.

If you experience trouble with your VoIP and/or DNS you might also change your configuration, so DNS and VoIP is not routed through the VPN tunnel. Just add routes to the appropriate IPs (sip server, DNS servers) pointing to "dev dsl", e.g.:
Code:
route add 77.72.169.131 dev dsl

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,
I am looking for somebody who can configure my router fritzbox+openvpn by teamviewer.
I'll pay for this service.
I have no idea how do it, that why i ask you help me.

Hallo,

ich suche nach einer Person, die mir mein Router fritzbox 7390 + openvpn konfiguriert. Ich zahle für diesen Dienst.

Ich brauche eine Person, die mir dafür beim Teamviewer machen wird.
Ich kenne es nicht so gut, um alles michselbst richtig zumachen.

Hi again,
I still have the same problem with my router.
I have software to Freetbox 7390 with openvpn

but it does not work correctly as it should.
Problem is with DNS,
I don't have an access to internet, but I can use my VOIP after change sip.voipdiscount.com to IP 77.72.169.131
unfortunatley nothing more than Voip does not working.
If i want get an access to internet, i must change preffered DNS in advanced setting of my router but then Voip is crashed

Openvpn works correctly, router make a tunnel as usual

And I am desperate to fix it.
As i wrote before, I pay for this job even ¤50.

Best Regards.

Configuring OpenVPN might be some minutess or take some hours, it strongly depends on your needs.
I can't speak for others, but I am willing to help, but just "for fun".
So no guarantee for all I say and I don't like to be paid for it makes all so "serious".

If you are o.k. with using VPN only for "non-voip", you should be able to succeed:

Figure out the IPs which cause trouble (if I got it right, all worked, but DNS and VoIP not).

If you box has freetz, you should have everything you need:

Open "Rudi Shell" (its in the menu "system" or use "http://fritz.box:81/cgi-bin/shell/index.cgi")

If OpenVPN is connected, type "route -n" and click "run script", this should give the routing table.

Can you please provide the output here and also the output of the following (as I said, you will have to figure out the IPs for your providers DNS and possibly the sip servers):

Code:
route add 77.72.169.131 dev dsl
route add <put IP of provider DNS here> dev dsl
# if there are several DNS servers, add a lin for every DNS server
route add <put IP of providers secondary DNS here> dev dsl

route -n
nslookup ippf.eu
(put all this to the scipt box and click "run script" again)

Is the nslookup successfull now?
Does everything work like expected?

If it is, you could try to make this settings permanent e.g. in putting this commands to a script, called during VPN connection (openvpn "up script").

But let's first get up to this point...

Hi Max Muster,
If You can do it for me by TeamViewer I would be grateful, because I try to go step by step, as You write but i am to weak, I think. and I did not finish the process so it still doesn't work.

It would be helpful, if you could post the results of your input or where exactly you are stuck.

EDIT: Another question not answered yet:
When VPN is connected, does everything work fine, only name resolution (DNS) and VoIP (SIP) is not working?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.