Script to get rid of unused entries

frater

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
The Fritzbox breaks down in an Internet-cafe environment as I've noticed.
I'm running 60+ Fritzboxes and all that have more than 250 entries in their LAN-list become extremely slow and eventually they break down.

Currently I am monitoring these entries and I sometimes login there and remove all the entries. This is a slow and tedious task.
Setting the lease to 1 day seems to help, but it is not sufficient.

I wrote a script in bash which removes all unused entries by manipulating ar7.cfg and multid.leases
This script is sometimes failing which results in a fritzbox that returns to its factory settings.

Most of it is covered in this thread which was moved from here to another thread:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=275340

I believe that thread is not that active as I'm hardly getting any response anymore since it moved there.
I'm not monitoring that thread either.

I'm used to doing things in bash, but I think an approach using LUA with AVM library stuff is probably better.
It could remove these entries in the same way the webinterface does.

Alas, I have no idea where to begin.

Is someone willing to make some start in LUA?
You would help more people than just me as I found out that more people have this problem.

AVM themselves don't care, it seems.

Newer firmware versions (>= 06.36) are equipped with a specialized function to remove all unused network clients with a single "command" ... selecting this function via GUI results in a call like this:
Code:
ctlmgr_ctl w landevice command/cleanup_landevices 1
(or it's Lua counterpart, if you're using the "set.lua" example).

Without further knowledge regarding the FRITZ!Box models and (their respective) firmware versions used in your environment, the way described above is the simplest solution (even if you have to wait until a version for your devices is made available) ... and I wouldn't waste any time for an own solution, if you don't know for sure, that your problem will not be solved by the next major update for the equipment used.

Thanks PeterPawn....

I can definitely wait for a new version...
There are only 6 devices that severely suffer from this anomaly

Hello

Another possible way is...
Change the IP of DHCP server will clear the servers landevices list.
The (Fritz!Box) Clients will follow so, cause they need a new IP and then they will clear their list also.

Not really an option (and already suggested) as it will get rid of all other settings at well. Something my script is careful in trying to avoid. Furthermore it is supposed to be done in a cronjob (preferably each day).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.