[Frage] Fritz box 7490 resp. 7390 and Terratec H6 USB TV Card as TV Server possible?

a123a123

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello!

I'm a Freetz newbie and I wonder if it is already possible to use a fritz box 7490 (or my old fritz box 7390) as a TV server backend for Kodi for live TV from cable and recording to USB stick plugged into fritzbox.

My TV hardware is a Terratec H6 USB TV card.

I found a few related discussions online therefore I'd like to know if this is already possible.

In case of yes do I need to:
- install and configure Freetz or is there a more lightweight approach possible?
- have to install VPD or even MythTV? Any suggestions for another lightweight TV software?
- are there any step-by-step tutorials for beginners available?

I'd be really happy to replace my separate old P4-desktop with a solution using fritz.box.

Thank you for your reply in English or German!

KR H.

Is your current system running linux etc.?
A quick research does not give any suitable driver.

The USB driver for the FritzBox doesn't support isochronous transfer, therefore it won't work even when you find a driver for the TV stick.

@Whoopie:
Is this still valid for the USB3 driver for the new 3.10.73 kernel?

It's really a serious question ... I don't have the spare time to test it and/or to investigate the kernel sources for this driver - at least not in a timely manner.

> Is your current system running linux etc.?
I'm using this TV card on Windows. However if there is no unix support for the Terratec H6 - not even with default drivers - I'd buy a substitute USB TV card that is supported according to the board's suggestions

@PeterPawn: your remark is valid, I should have checked the latest sources before making such a statement. I haven't and I won't.

So this should be the first task to verify if the USB drivers support it.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.