[Frage] Fritz box 7490 resp. 7390 and Terratec H6 USB TV Card as TV Server possible?

a123a123

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello!

I'm a Freetz newbie and I wonder if it is already possible to use a fritz box 7490 (or my old fritz box 7390) as a TV server backend for Kodi for live TV from cable and recording to USB stick plugged into fritzbox.

My TV hardware is a Terratec H6 USB TV card.

I found a few related discussions online therefore I'd like to know if this is already possible.

In case of yes do I need to:
- install and configure Freetz or is there a more lightweight approach possible?
- have to install VPD or even MythTV? Any suggestions for another lightweight TV software?
- are there any step-by-step tutorials for beginners available?

I'd be really happy to replace my separate old P4-desktop with a solution using fritz.box.

Thank you for your reply in English or German!

KR H.

Is your current system running linux etc.?
A quick research does not give any suitable driver.

The USB driver for the FritzBox doesn't support isochronous transfer, therefore it won't work even when you find a driver for the TV stick.

@Whoopie:
Is this still valid for the USB3 driver for the new 3.10.73 kernel?

It's really a serious question ... I don't have the spare time to test it and/or to investigate the kernel sources for this driver - at least not in a timely manner.

> Is your current system running linux etc.?
I'm using this TV card on Windows. However if there is no unix support for the Terratec H6 - not even with default drivers - I'd buy a substitute USB TV card that is supported according to the board's suggestions

@PeterPawn: your remark is valid, I should have checked the latest sources before making such a statement. I haven't and I won't.

So this should be the first task to verify if the USB drivers support it.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Keine Mitglieder online.

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Brainbanger
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.