Guest network as tagged vlan on port 2

frater

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
The Fritzbox is capable of creating a secondary network which could be used for a guest-network.
It is capable to put this on port 4 and/or a seperate SSID.

Sometimes I use a WAP with multi-SSID with which I'm able to create these 2 SSID a 100 metres further.
To achieve this I need a managed switch with which I'm injecting the port 4 of the Fritzbox as a VLAN on the cable going to the wireless.

I use a Netgear 108 for this, but it's a bit silly as the switch on the Fritzbox is already using VLANs on that 4-port switch to achieve all this.

Isn't it possible to put the guest network as tagged on one of those ports?
If I need to do this on the CLI than that's not a problem.

I do need to know then how I can get this part into the configuration, so a Freetz configuration restore will get that back too.

Any information on this is welcome.
Also if there is something missing to achieve this.

About which FritzBox are you talking? BTW, the FritzBox is a residential gateway where VLAN support is normally not available. If you own an older router, you might have success with cpmaccfg which is part of Freetz.

I'm managing more than 50 fritzboxes, but if I want to do this it would be with one of the modern ones.
I guess no luck there then.
Thanks

Finally I found a cheap managable switch that will also do PoE.
When I need this with PoE I at least don't need 3 devices.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.