[Gigaset Pro] Gigaset N720 PRO basic functions not working properly

f1sz

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,
Sorry, that I`m writing in English, but I just want to know if there are any Gigaset N720 PRO users, and if they having similar problems that we have with this system...

We have quite large installation which contains N720 DM PRO and 11x N720 IP Pro Base stations + nearly 50 Gigaset S650H PRO dect phones. Our system was carefully deployed with all base stations measuring (they see each other, they have proper sync). We have good connection to the Internet (50Mbps up/down, with 2nd backup connection) and properly configured QoS on our firewalls.

Our problem is that the most basic functions of this system doesn't work properly. With basic I mean, that even calling not working properly, because system sometimes drops active call few times a day. But this is not the only problem:
  1. Call transfer doesn't work - on FW 102 (and below) - when we wanted to transfer call to our "neighbour" in company - system crashed, and N720 DM restarted every time. We have contacted gigaset support, but after few months they provided "fix" (FW v106 that is not available publicly), that work partially - when someone call us from mobile phone, and we transfer a call - it works. But when we transfer a call within our N720 system - it doesn't transfer (but at least N720 DM doesn't restart now).
  2. For example, when we try to call some German number (+49...) - the first 2 or 3 seconds user hear "busy sound", but when he waits this 2-3 seconds - the call will become active. I checked on Zoiper softphone - and this behaviour doesn't exist.
  3. After new phone registration in DM - web page will stuck in some loop - and it doesn't return to the main page - until we clear web browser cache (or exit web browser).
  4. When we want to save DM configuration to disk - it preparing config, then SAVE button appears - when we click on it - configuration is not saving, and it's returning to the main web page.
  5. In LDAP (online addressbook) there are no Polish special characters. There was "patch" called FW 102 which should fix it, but it didn't... Gigaset technician was in our company and he personally updated the firmware, so he saw it, that provided fix didn't work...
  6. There is polish language on S650H PRO - but it's parially localised - for example All / outgoing /accepted / missed calls menu isn't translated (and there are few more examples).

And yes, we contacted gigaset support, but within few months, they still didn't provided a working fix for most basic functions like calling and call transfering.

Firmware 105 got release state this week, give it a try.

We have FW 106 (most probably it have all fixes from v105), that is unreleased to public, it was provided specially for us - mainly to fix problem with call transfer, but it didn't work.
fw-106.png

With this small amount of information all answers will just be guesses.

Some more information about the used hardware structure of your network would be nice.

Please give us a screenshot of your base station events.

Our network environment is quite simple. We have a dedicated VLAN for VoIP (only DM and all base stations are inside this VLAN). There's no routing between base-stations or DM, it's just layer2 traffic, also we're not blocking any packets like multicasts etc. inside this VLAN. Routers have QoS configured for this VLAN, also the packet inspection is disabled (SIP ALG). All devices are connected to a few switches that are spanned across company. DM and base stations are powered over PoE.
We use an external SIP provider (fcn.pl) - that is supported via gigaset, because we can download an configuration for this provider via DectManager.

Screenshots from base station events below:

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
What can be seen is that you have range problem with your base station dect 7 and dect12. Especially dect12 shows a large number of asyncs, which means that the base stations are slighty too far away from each other, or are interfered by other things.

Asyncs can end up in dropping calls or even getting/setting up no call.

How did you do the measuring? Did you use the Gigaset N720 Measuring Kit?

Dect12 station is outside company, but it's not used much, we have 1 backup base station to install it later.
The problem is, that most active are dect3, dect4, dect5 and dect6 stations, that have very good signal power, and they are fully synced, but they still dropping calls... Also we don't have wideband codec enabled, so we have up to 8 active calls per station - so this is not causing the problem.

We didn't use N720 measuring kit, but we had N720 DM + few base stations for test, before we bought it, and we measured signal power via S650H PRO (through hidden menu).

I don't think that something is interfering the signal - because old analog Siemens DECT system has been completely turned off.

We know about it, read it before planning and installation. Mostly base stations are installed on "open space" (hall/warehouse) - when there is thick concrete - we use more base stations which are closer together to have better connectivity.
But, our old analog Siemens HiPath system worked flawlessly with less amount of base stations. So I think this is not a planning/installation problem.

Yesterday user complained, that his phone lost connectivity to base station, so I checked the logs and found HUGE amount (about 200 messages per minute) errors from one base station:
#C6ED Except=0x1=S_EXCEPTCLASS_WARN Place=0xE=B_EXCEPTPLACE_DECT Code=0xC2=BM_SYNC_ERR_FRAME_NR_ERROR PrcNr=40 LinkAdr=0x0 File=dect_b/tools/bt_err.h

You can't compare HiPath base stations to Gigaset base stations. They're using a totally different technique for syncing.

You definately have a syncing and range problem.

I still advise you to use the measuring kit.

Sync problem is only on one base station that is not used much - I`am aware of this - soon we`ll add a new base to improve range/connectivity. Most used base stations are in office, and they have always full sync, but the problem with call dropping still persist...

But it doesn't matter anyway, that most basic functions doesn't work or they are working improperly (points 1 to 6 on my 1st post)...

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.