How to extract .image from recoever-image.exe / Wie die .image von recover-image.exe

petar

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,

I am looking for FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.en-de-es-it-fr.84.06.30.image. I could not find the file anywhere on AVM site, so I would like to extract it from recovery-image.exe.

How to do it either on windows on linux?

Thanks

Hallo,

Ich suche FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.en-de-es-it-fr.84.06.30.image. Ich konnte nicht finden, die Datei irgendwo auf AVM-Website, so möchte ich es aus recovery-image.exe extrahieren.

Wie es entweder auf Windows auf Linux zu tun?

Vielen Dank

Thanks for your answer!

However those images extracted from recovery-image.exe: filesystem.image, hr_kernel.image, kernel_image, and urlader.image files looks not suitable to be used for making freetz image.

Is there a way to use those files to create an image that could be used for creating freetz image?

As far as I could see, FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.en-de-es-it-fr.84.06.30.image and FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7390.en-de-es-it-fr.06.30.recover-image.exe should contain the same information.

Thanks

Find any other firmware image (for the same model, version does not really matter) with the "image" extension (these files are simply tarballs without the proper extension) and extract the contained files to learn a bit about their names, content and location.

Afterwards look into the files extracted from the recovery program and copy kernel.image (remove the TI checksum from the end, if it exists) and filesystem.image to a combined file (as Freetz does with its own images while it builds the image to be uploaded to the device) and replace the kernel.image from the unpacked tarball with this new file.

Now you may pack the whole filesystem structure into your own, new tarball - which can be used with Freetz (use "Override options" to specify the location and checksum for the own image).

By the way ... why did you write your questions in this sub-forum instead of "Modifikationen -> Freetz", if your real interest is to get an image file, which can be used with Freetz? In my opinion, you should open a new thread in the right area for further questions or ask a board admin to move this one to the "Freetz" sub-forum. Many people using Freetz do not read all other questions, especially not in this place, which is more a sewer (in the sewerage) regarding nearly all questions around a FRITZ!Box device.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.