Today I tested the 6.80 firmware for the first time.
In the last year I had a sustained download rate between 108~111 Mbit/s
In that time I had various different firmwares.
Now my download speed is 84 Mbit/s
The upload speed went down from 32 Mbit/s to 31 Mbit/s
I may be going back soon if this doesn't change. (It is possible this is something automatic at the provider's side after a few LoS's.
Will report here if that's the case (could need a recover of 24 hours)
I just tried "previous DSL version", but the speed stays at 84 Mbit/s
The only thing to test now is reverting to 6.52int
BTW... This is strange:
FRITZ!BoxConnectionDSL Central Exchange
184.108.40.206DSL active since:
VDSL2 17a G.Vector (ITU G.993.5)Unknown (00000000)
Negotiated Connection Properties
Receive Direction Send Direction Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 111216 33032 Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 784 0 Attainable throughput kbit/s 114402 45176 Current throughput kbit/s 109241 32512 Seamless rate adaptation on off Latency fast fast Impulse Noise Protection (INP) 73 79 G.INP on on Signal-to-noise ratio dB 6 5 Bitswap on on Line attenuation dB 3 3 Profile 17a G.Vector full full Carrier record A43 A43
I just flashed another 7490 connected to another VDSL2 line with similar speeds.
It took a long while (5 minutes after getting access using the webif) before the line was trained, but it went straight up to 111 Mbit/s and there's no difference in the 2 DSL pages.
I tested the connection that reports to have 84 Mbit/s with http://speedtest.net and it reported a throughput of 102 Mbit/s.
It seems there's something wrong with the reporting of the speed. Not the speed itself.
Even stranger and worrying is that it's only 1 modem and not the other.
For now I'm assuming I have a 109 Mbit/s connection.
Geändert von frater (20.02.2017 um 11:10 Uhr)