Bitte hilfe mich! W900V als router - ATA modus? [Englisch / schlecht Deutsch]

Joovilhar

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Entschuldigungen für das schlecht Deutsch. Mein Deutsch ist noch nicht gut genug zu schreiben, aber ich habe Google Translate verwendet, um Ihre Website (einschließlich der FAQ) - aber ich brauche eine Frage stellen.

Ich arbeite in Amsterdam, und ich möchte mit meinem Router Speedport W900V als DECT-oder ISDN-VoIP-Gateway. Ich habe ein Mobilteil Sinus 500i, das funktioniert mit dem Speedport W920V Ich habe zu Hause in Düsseldorf. Ich habe den Speedport W900V mit großem Erfolg - und nur ein Upgrade auf die W920V, denn ich bin ein neuer VDSL-Kunden.

Da jedoch die DSL-Router hier in Amsterdam eine andere Stecker, kann ich nicht verwenden, die T-Com im DSL-Router-Modus. Ich möchte sie nur als Router - Ich glaube, das ist nach wie ATA-Modus. Allerdings finde ich keine Möglichkeit der Konfiguration des Gerätes für diesen Modus! Es besteht darauf, auf den Einsatz der DSL-Modem, und wenn ich den Schalter auf der Rückseite (Veränderung von Int -> EXT), es funktioniert nicht entweder. In der Netzwerk-Konfiguration Seite, sie erlaubt lediglich die Verwendung von T-Com oder einem anderen Provider ", für den Zugang zum Internet. Port 1 ist die Bezeichnung "WAN" - und doch scheint es keine offensichtliche Weise der Konfiguration.

Ich habe den neuesten T-Com Firmware. Ich habe nicht Fritzed meine Kiste (noch!)

Was ist der einfachste Weg zur Konfiguration dieses Gerät? Ich will es nur für die VoIP-Fähigkeit - ich bin ganz froh, dass es sich im Netzwerk und haben es handle nur, weil es bereits eine Firewall und Router über die wichtigsten DSL-Modem. (Ich werde die DMZ auf die Speedport W900V-Adresse, wenn ich es als einen Router!)

Können Sie verstehen, was ich sage, bitten wir Sie um eine Antwort auf Englisch oder Deutsch. Ich werde versuchen, mein Bestes zu machen Sinn dessen, was Sie sagen. :)

----

Apologies for the English. My German is not yet good enough to write in, but I have used Google Translate to look at your site (including the FAQ) - however, I need to ask a question.

I am working in Amsterdam, and I would like to use my Speedport W900V router as a DECT or ISDN VoIP gateway. I have a Sinus 500i handset, which works fine with the Speedport W920V I have at home in Düsseldorf. I used the Speedport W900V with great success - and only upgraded to the W920V because I am a new VDSL customer.

However, because the DSL router here in Amsterdam uses a different connector, I can't use the T-Com router in DSL mode. I would like to use it just as a router - I believe this is referred to as ATA mode. However, I can find no way of configuring the device for this mode! It insists on using the DSL modem, and if I use the switch on the back (changed from Int -> Ext), it does not work either. In the Network configuration page, it only allows me to use T-Com or "Another provider", for internet access. Port 1 is marked "WAN" - yet there seems to be no obvious way of configuring this.

I have the latest T-Com firmware. I have not Fritzed my box (yet!)

What is the easiest way to configure this device? I only want it for the VoIP capability - I'm quite happy to have it sit on the network and have it handle just this, since there is already a firewall and router on the main DSL modem. (I will set the DMZ to the Speedport W900V's address, when I get it working as a router!)

If you can understand what I'm saying, please feel free to reply in English or German. I will try my best to make sense of what you are saying. :)

Hi!
Soweit ich weis, musst du die Firewall einfach abschalten, dann wird der W900V in einen Bridge-Modus automatisch versetzt.

Danke für Ihren antwort.

Ich werde diese Abend die Firewall-funktion abschalten.

----

Thanks for your reply!

I will try disabling the firewall this evening.

Nein... es funktioniert nicht als bridge modus. :(

No... still does not work, even in bridge mode. :(

the easiest way is to "fritz" your firmware. after that its possible to choose online via LAN1 WITHOUT changing the switch on the backside. Maybe its a Problem with a wrong Network Cable (Crossover/not Crossover?). Does your provider in Amsterdam use PPPoE or PPPoA?

Danke.

Ich hatte nicht an das überkreuzungskabel gedacht, aber Sie haben Recht - ich hatte nicht den versucht. Ich gebe dem einen Versuch, wenn ich handhabe, eins zu erreichen.

Ich tat auch etwas Messwert auf Fritzing mein Kasten, aber ich kann nicht scheinen, ftp Zugang zur Vorrichtung zu erhalten. Gibt es irgendein Trick, den ich durchführen muß, um dieses zu erhalten, oder muß ich den getrenntkasten nehmen und in, eine serielle Schnittstelle zu löten beginnen?

----

Thank you.

I had not thought of the crossover cable, but you're right - I hadn't tried that. I will give that a try when I manage to get hold of one.

I also did some reading on Fritzing my box, but I can't seem to get ftp access to the device. Is there some trick I need to perform in order to get this, or do I need to take the box apart and start soldering in a serial port?

I would like to use it just as a router - I believe this is referred to as ATA mode.
Believe me is the best to use the latest Speed-to-fritz Script, then ATA mode is easys to use.

For me, with original Tcom-Firmware: W900 did not work in ATA mode even the EXTERN/INTERN switch was set to EXTERN.

Crossover LAN PACH Wire is not needed!
LAN1 is used as Uplink.

I also did some reading on Fritzing my box, but I can't seem to get ftp access to the device. Is there some trick I need to perform in order to get this, or do I need to take the box apart and start soldering in a serial port?
It must be possible to use Speed-to-fritz.
The skript with default settings for W900 will find the box as log as you did establisch a connection to the webinterface before via DHCP set up on your PC.

IF this is not the case you my set the PC Net card to Static IP 192.168.178.2 mask 255.255.0.0

For normal use: Set the PC back to DHCP again.

Important: Your LINUX System should be debian based (Ubuntu, andLINUX ..)
And you need a usable LAN connection to the Speedport, including Internet connection as well.

The LINUX System should only employ one net-card, if more as one net card is present you must set this up via Option menu of Seed-to-fritz.

If you need more help Ernest015 usually finds Time to guide you via ICQ step by step.

Believe me is the best to use the latest Speed-to-fritz Script, then ATA mode is easys to use.
I will definitely give this a go, then.

For me, with original Tcom-Firmware: W900 did not work in ATA mode even the EXTERN/INTERN switch was set to EXTERN.
This was also my experience, so far.

It must be possible to use Speed-to-fritz.
The skript with default settings for W900 will find the box as log as you did establisch a connection to the webinterface before via DHCP set up on your PC.
Well, this is where it starts to get slightly complicated. I do not use DHCP on the Speedport, because the existing router uses DHCP. Since I connect my laptop via the switch at the back, my laptop gets DHCP service through the Dutch ADSL-modem. However, I can access the configuration Web page of the Speedport quite easily - I set this to 192.168.1.250 - will the script work with this setup, or do I have to reconfigure everything so the Speedport is the DHCP server?

IF this is not the case you my set the PC Net card to Static IP 192.168.178.2 mask 255.255.0.0
I can do this, but then I will lose internet access. (The connection is shared, so I cannot go around reconfiguring everything as I see fit.)

Important: Your LINUX System should be debian based (Ubuntu, andLINUX ..)
And you need a usable LAN connection to the Speedport, including Internet connection as well.
I was planning on using the Knoppix DVD. I downloaded the latest version (5.3) last night. My networking setup will be like this:

My laptop (eth0) --> (port 1) Speedport W900V(port 0) --> wireless bridge --> ADSL modem.

I am happy with the wireless bridge - I can plug my laptop into that, and I will get automatic network access, as if I were plugged into the ADSL modem directly. No messing around with wireless configuration. I can switch the wireless card in my laptop off, very easily (there is a switch on the front).

The LINUX System should only employ one net-card, if more as one net card is present you must set this up via Option menu of Seed-to-fritz.
If I wanted to set up eth0 as a dedicated interface to the Speedport (with no internet passthrough and DHCP enabled on the Speedport), and the wireless card used for internet access, how could I set this up? It might be easier if I *must* use DHCP mode on the Speedport.

The networking setup would look like this, then:

Laptop (eth0) --> (port 0) Speedport W900V (with DHCP on subnet 192.168.2.x)
|
+--> (WLAN) --> ADSL modem (Internet, with DHCP on subnet 192.168.1.x)

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi again,

In your case i would suggest to build first the Firmware with speed-to-fritz. Not changing anything on your network setup.

But you should use the Update method via Web-interface.

1st Again you would need to setup your LINUX LIVE DVD with internet connection usable.

nd Download Speed-to-fritz with the latest version (31.08.2008 ) and unpack it on the desktop of your LINUX.

rd change to the directory /Desktop/speed-to-fritz and invoke ./install_start . This will finally bring up the menu of Speed-to-fritz after installing needed packages. Don't reboot your LINUX, because all this would be to be repeat, because the upgrade and install result are lost again. (It also would be possible to start the command line of speed-to-fritz as root user, this would not involve upgrade and installing missing package's.)

th Select your speedport type with the menu, and leave as much default as possible.

th Remove the option "push firmware to box via FTP" and exit the menu. This should finaly give you a new firmware file in the Folder /Firmware.orig. This file with the very long name can be moved anywhere suitable to use it at last as Firmware for the update process.

th do a "Werksreset via Web interface" or fon code, but not with the buttons on the box, in most cases the buttens dont do wht the shuld. (this is sometimes not needed, but gives more safety, if it is not done it is more likely that your Speedports ends up in a reboot loop)

th establish a direct connection between Speedport and PC, set the PC to DHCP. (Later if all is working with the new AVM Firmware you can set up your wanted scenario, but you must type in all your setting by hand don't tray to reinstall old setting, if this would work it would corrupt the new Firmware)

8th start or reopen the web-interface to your Speedport and select within the Browser-window the "Update-Window of the T-COM-Firmware (Verwaltung - Laden&Sichern - Firmware - Firmware-Update) Select the File you produced with speed-to-fritz and start the upload.

th watch the the LEDs on the Speedport, it takes about a minute or two to upload the Firmware to the internal RAM. Then some new webpage will come up to tell you that the firmwar is not usable and you should reboot to start with the normal t-com firmware again. Don't do anything until the LEDs of your box charm down and stop flashing. If all is quiet, you must push the Reboot button on the web page (on Sinus 500 and W501 the box will reboot on its own). Now you have to wait rather long up to 10 Minutes until the box did a reboot on its own. Don't interrupt this process, if you would interrupt it the box would be in a reboot loop. If you cant connect to the Speedport after the Speedport had rebooted, you should restart your PC or restart DHCP on the PC to make sure IP setting of PC side are correct, because in some cases depending on the Firmware used for Upgrade IP Setting of the Box had changed. Also do cleanup of the web browser cache, othervice you end up with some mixture of t-com pages and AVM pages.

10th repeat paragraph 6th (Werksreset)

If you end up with a reboot loop of the speedport, contact us there is a patched recover tool for all Speed ports except W920, but there is also a method to recover W920 within a reboot loop.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Jpascher, I owe you a beer! :)

Thank you very much for your help. I successfully Fritzed my Speedport W900V, and I got it to connect with a static IP (I put it in the DMZ, so I could receive VoIP calls on it), and it seems to work fine - I can make outgoing calls okay, and if I call myself from the X-Lite (sipgate) client, my Sinus A 500i handset rings and I can talk with myself ... or even leave myself a message. ;)

This will save me a LOT of money, as talking with my fiancée on my handy is very expensive. Once again, thank you very much!

:groesste:

Great, nice to hear that you are happy!

Actually, twice as happy, now...

Just bought another W900V, for my parents in the UK, and set them up with virtually idiot-proof internet phone (with an ISDN T-Home A 500i handset).

Really good solution! Thanks again. :)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.