fprobe on 7390?

bwatson

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
11 Feb 2013
Beiträge
1
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hello,

Please excuse my use of English, I am from Australia and can't speak or read/write German.

I have a Fritz!box 7390 and I would like to be able to monitor traffic flows. My children use too much of my network and I want to know what they are doing :-)

I built and installed freetz-trunk-9782 with a patch for fprobe. The box runs fine and I can start fprobe and send traffic data to ntop. However with minimal traffic it runs at about 80% CPU and as soon as I generate any real traffic it goes to 100% CPU and drops most packets.

Does anyone have better experience with fprobe?

Is there a better netflow probe for my 7390? I don't need freetz for any other reason, only installed it to run netflow probe so am open to any suggestions...

Thanks,

Brian
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I'm sure there are alternatives to fprobe. I've not that much experience with this but I remember a thread in here using iptables to cover this topic. The OP in the named thread had some issues, but did not come up with the current status and it may be worth to check anyway.

This is the thread I'm referring to: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=256369

Did you check all the extra packages in freetz as well?

HTH
 
Hi bwatson

Please excuse my use of bad English ;)

It sounds you need the use of darkstat and monitor all traffic on routers dsl interface.

hope that helps
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,920
Beiträge
2,305,114
Mitglieder
378,645
Neuestes Mitglied
nikitarajusa