7490 Edition 1+1 remove branding/oem

asuz

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello, I am trying to remove my 7490 1&1 branding with the instruction of but cannot succeed. It always give me error at the make tools. When I use the instruction at the page " https://github.com/Freetz-NG/freetz-ng/blob/master/README.md " I cannot find the "Firmware packaging (fwmod) options ---> Enable Create in-memory image file" menu
My mind is mixed, is there anybody help me please?

CD ~
mkdir avm
cd avm
git clone https://github.com/Freetz/freetz.git
git clone https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFritz.git
cd freetz
make menuconfig

--- you will be presented with an ncurses configuration interface, similar to the one used by the linux kernel. make the following adjustments:
Level of user competence -> expert
Hardware type: 7530
Firmware language: en-international
Firmware version: FRITZ!OS 07.1x
Firmware packaging (fwmod) options ---> Enable Create in-memory image file
Exit and save changes

--- continue the process in shell console:
make tools
wget http://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/fr itzbox-7530/other/fritz.os/F RITZ.Box_7530-07.12.image
./fwmod -u -d unpack ./FRITZ.Box_7530-07.12.image
nano unpack/original/filesystem/etc/init.d/rc.conf

--- search for the section titled: Determine OEM
the last line of this section reads: "export OEM"
change this line to: "export OEM=avme"
save and exit

--- continue the process in shell console:
./fwmod -p -d unpack ./FRITZ.Box_7530-07.12.image
This will create an image file under ~/avm/freetz/unpack/ with a filename in the following format: 7530_07.12.en_date_time.image.in-memory. From now on, this filename will be referenced as "IMAGE_FILE" in these instructions
cd ~/avm/YourFritz/eva_tools/
cp ~/avm/freetz/unpack/IMAGE_FILE ./
errors are here libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libcommunicate.a make[2]: *** [Makefile:648: libfakeroot.lo] Error 1 make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcommunicate.la" && ln -s "../libcommunicate.la" "libcommunicate.la" ) make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/freetz/avm/freetz/source/host-tools/fakeroot-1.23/build/arch' make[1]: *** [Makefile:670: install-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/freetz/avm/freetz/source/host-tools/fakeroot-1.23/build/arch' make: *** [tools/make/fakeroot/fakeroot.mk:47: /home/freetz/avm/freetz/tools/build/bin/fakeroot] Error 2 freetz@freetz-linux:~/avm/freetz$cd freetz@freetz-linux:~$ sudo apt-get -y install libtool Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Status information is read in... Done libtool is already the latest version (2.4.6-15build2). libtool was set to be installed manually.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Vollzitat gemäß Boardregeln entfernt by stoney
Estimate i am reading for 3 days the linux stuff and my mind is mixed. Do you know how can i fix the libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libcommunicate.a make[2]: *** [Makefile:648: libfakeroot.lo] Error 1 make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcommunicate.la" && ln -s "../libcommunicate.la" "libcommunicate.la" ) make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/freetz/avm/freetz/source/host-tools/fakeroot-1.23/build/arch' make[1]: *** [Makefile:670: install-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/freetz/avm/freetz/source/host-tools/fakeroot-1.23/build/arch' make: *** [tools/make/fakeroot/fakeroot.mk:47: /home/freetz/avm/freetz/tools/build/bin/fakeroot] Error 2 eroor. It seems it is better for me to fix and continue for that way.

Or is it possbile to decribe me the stages of the removing the 1&1 brand. All is ready virtualbox etc.

Ok, how often do you perform the first time installation? Is it worth a bricked device? Be patient: There is a very high risk bricking the device.

I don't know ... mainly 'cause you've shortened the build log (and/or terminal output) too much and so there's no error message with a reason for make[2]: *** [Makefile:648: libfakeroot.lo] Error 1 (2nd line of the shown "snippet") visible (and the 1st line doesn't reveal this reason, too).

EDIT: And by the way ... are you sure, that your 7490 device can't be "unbranded" by simply setting the right value to firmware_version? Did you try this first and the "value from birth" gets really restored on next cold boot?

I use that codes after apply that codes and reboot after that it becomes 1&1 again

quote SETENV firmware_version avme [B]quote UNSETENV provider[/B] quote REBOOT

HWRevision 185
HWSubRevision 7
ProductID Fritz_Box_HW185
SerialNumber 0000000000000000
annex B
autoload yes
bootloaderVersion 1.3179

My bootloader version is 1.3179, I read at the forum it needs to use frretz for rebrand, am i wrong?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You should give the current bootmanager script (https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFr...7d1a2140b329f30/bootmanager/bootmanager#L3041) a try - if called with show_eva_cfg, it will analyze the bootloader configuration area of your box and shows you the configuration (changeable or immutable) of your device - and this beyond a (EVA) version number, which isn't a reliable sign, whether the value can be changed permanently or not.

Or are you sure, you've entered the commands without any errors? The [B] tags surrounding the UNSETENV command are looking odd - and instead of your snippets, I would prefer to read a (complete) console log of the FTP session (incl. the answers from FTP server).

I read at the forum it needs to use frretz for rebrand, am i wrong?
More or less ... as mentioned above, there are easier options to get the wanted result. I didn't recognize earlier, that you're trying (in #1) to use the (original) Freetz project - or it MAYBE you're trying to use it. Nevertheless - it should be possible, too, to reach the goal with Freetz - but it seems to be more "painful" and much less "useful".

Why? The old Freetz project doesn't support any current FRITZ!OS version - even the two years old version 07.1x is only "experimental" there. Why do you want to build a firmware based on such a lame (and more or less outdated) version? That beats me. Or are you really on a very wrong course and just not ready to reconsider now?
It seems it is better for me to fix and continue for that way.
The old Freetz project doesn't support current FRITZ!OS versions, the Freetz-NG project doesn't support "in-memory images" itself (and adds many other changes beside the "fixed OEM value" to the system) - perhaps you should share your ideas and targets (and not only your steps) with us, so you may get better hints, how to reach your goal(s).

In #1 you're showing some steps from an (unknown) step-by-step guide, but no-one can distinguish, whether the "mixed up" parts regarding a 7530 device are the inputs you've really used or only a (confusing) copy from the used guide. If you're really using Freetz, the missing setting should be available: https://github.com/Freetz/freetz/bl...5b04cd37707c6e929ca0ec/config/ui/fwmod.in#L64 - but only, if the right device model was selected, too.

And stop spending only parts from the logs of your actions (you shouldn't be the one, who decides, which parts are important and which aren't) - show us the (a) the source of the guide you're using (with a link, not as a copy), (b) the terminal log from your complete(!) session (that means the steps meaningful for the Freetz build) and (c) the complete Freetz build log (use fmake from the root of a Freetz checkout to create/store one).

Thanks for that long explanation. First of all, despite all the warnings written that converting 1&1 to avme is unreasonable, I would like to convert the fritzbox from 1&1 to avme just for personal pleasure if I can. Thanks for the all warning :) I know that trying new things can come at a cost. Here we say "those who are afraid have no children"

The first trying of the console output is here;

Connected to 192.168.178.1.
220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready
530 not logged in
User (192.168.178.1:(none)): adam2
331 Password required for adam2
Password:
230 User adam2 successfully logged in
ftp> quote GETENV firmware_version
firmware_version 1und1

200 GETENV command successful
ftp> quote UNSETENV provider
200 UNSETENV command successful
ftp> quote SETENV firmware_version avme
200 SETENV command successful
ftp> quote REBOOT
221 Thank you for using the FTP service on ADAM2
221 Goodbye.
Connection closed by remote host.
ftp>
ftp>

After reboot, result is here;

Connected to 192.168.178.1.
220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready
530 not logged in
User (192.168.178.1:(none)): adam2
331 Password required for adam2
Password:
230 User adam2 successfully logged in
ftp> quote GETENV firmware_version
firmware_version 1und1

200 GETENV command successful
ftp>
ftp>

I really do not now how can i give you the bootmanager script. If possible can you give me explanation to get script. Sorry if it is hard to explain we can give up the process for a while. Reading dozens of pages of forums made me a bit tired. All the knowledge might be here but a bit mixed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
As mentioned before, you should tell us ALL your intentions. If you really want to change the "branding" only, there are no needs to use Freetz or Freetz-NG.

OK, your device will restore the firmware_version value on every reboot - so you've to add a "fixed branding" (or a variable one) in another way to the installed firmware.

You've still ignored the hints or better my requests regarding (a) the source of the used "step-by-step guide" (in #1) and (b) the log files of your session, which led to the error shown in #1. Do you really think someone else should repeat your steps (without any knowledge, how your own build environment looks like or whether you've used the shown 7530 related inputs or some others) and try to get the same error(s)? The only point you've answered from all the questions in #11 is the log of FTP dialog - all other things (the source of the guide, Freetz vs. Freetz-NG, which FRITZ!OS version, steps taken so far, etc.) got ignored.

My bootmanager script adds additional controls to the "System => Backup => Restart" page to be able, to switch between the two installed systems and to set/switch the branding in various ways.

Tired or not - you should (if there are no other goals to achive beside this "branding" theme - another unanswered question) go back some steps and consider to use another approach. Did you ever read my explanation for bootmanager from the repo? If not, you should start there now - and proceed to this post, where I've described three different options to change the branding - either to a fixed value or two other approaches for a "changeable" value - and how to install/add them to your own image.

If you decide to use the bootmanager script, you can add it with modfs to your system - easy as pie. And if you've no shell access yet, the first post in the modfs thread contains a link to some info, how to get one easily.

I really want to change the "branding" only. I do not want to see the 1&1 branding at the setup page. I read lots of page here and other forums and there is mention about freetz(or similar words), I just recognized freetz and freetz-ng are different.
So i just want to change 1&1 branding and use the 7490 as regular international version. As above I try the ftp method but cannot succeed so how can I change the 1&1 to international version easiest way?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
As written above - better read other pages/forums (but stay in this board - you've gotten some links already and don't need more sources, only some additional GitHub repos could be needed, too) and forget Freetz or Freetz-NG (and we do still not know, where you've found the "guide" used by you - the source must be very shameful, when you're not willing to share it with us).

Instead use modfs-starter and modfs to install one of the three options to modify the branding independent of the ability for permanent changes (your values are obviously immutable with bootloader access) mentioned by me.

It costs you (pure time to make the modifications) 15-20 minutes - and as you've to repeat those modifications on every future update (no matter, which approach or "modification framework" you will use), it's the easiest option, too - it doesn't need a VM for Freetz/Freetz-NG for further updates.

If you install the mentioned bootmanager, too, you may change the branding (if you're not using the "fixed" approach) on every reboot.

Once again: It's easy as pie (especially on a 7490 device) ... if you read the RIGHT(!) guides (see above).

OK, this "guide" may be true for a 7530 model (and it's still far too complicated, as shown here: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threa...h-meine-eigene-dann-auf-der-fritz-box.307161/) - but for a VR9-based device it's much easier to get shell access in a first step and to use modfs in the next one.

The links to useful threads (even if they're in German, you may use an online translator like DeepL) were mentioned above already - it's your turn now to get the knowledge and to execute the needed steps.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.