Can you use DSL dynamic IP on your Fritz Fon WLan?

voipmustbe

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Thank you for a very good forum on AVM products :wink: .
For me I prefer AVM Fon WLAN an Sipura 2100 with a lot of posibility to optimize the functions and performance. I get the unit modified to ATA version behind an existing Linksys WRT54G router and it works perfectly. One of my friends would like to have one similar unit (buying from Germany) using like a router (not like a bridge in my case), but here I have a question :?: .
According to the Internet menu is there only one way to make DSL connection by PPOE. Is this normally in Germany (I'm from DK)? How can I get activated the submenu where I can insert the other DSL info if connection makes by either dynamic IP- or static IP address from my DSL account on a German version (se attachted screen picture from an older UK Fritz Fon unit)?
I appreciate greatly if somebody has time to answer my question.

Anhänge

• box_rfc1483_dynamic_ip.jpg
    box_rfc1483_dynamic_ip.jpg
    125.8 KB · Aufrufe: 53
Hi voipmustbe,
one thing for correction: this is NOT a forum on AVM products, we just "take care" of the VoIP-enabled product line Fritz!Box Fon. It matches the topic this forum is on: Voice over IP.
In Germany, all ADSL as sold by T-Com, Arcor, Versatel and other telcos use PPPOE. So, the boxes sold for the German market do not display the other methods - but they should still be around.
You simply have to activate telnet in your box (described here), log into the FBF and switch the OEM string to avme. That makes the FBF think it's the international version.
BE AWARE: If the web interface for the international version is not installed on your FBF, you will lose web access to your FBF.

Thanks for your reply. I's my headache :oops: .
Can't downgrade to Fritz Fon version (06.03.62 or 06.03.67) because my unit is Fon WLan.
Can change the version text from avm -> avme; reboot, but when you don't have access to the web interface you can't enter the neccessary data.
Must switch back to the DE version after that (which took me more an 3 hours to revive the unit; ADAM ftp, recover tool) :evil: .
I'm not so sure the html files contain these information on a DE version, which I can try to activate these in debug.cfg, or my friend has to buy an older FBF version w/o WLAN because there is a english firmware version to this purpose :!: .

Hi.
It's a very bit difficult because these Pages are only on the ATA-Box I think. But I put them in my WLAN-Firmware.
What do you want especially?
PPPOA, RFC2684 or RFC1483?
For me it looks like this:

MfG Oliver

p.s. AVM will integrate this feature in the newest firmware, but when this will happen, nobody knows...

Anhänge

• ata_123.jpg
    ata_123.jpg
    120.5 KB · Aufrufe: 136
Thanks. Exactly like it. I will appreciate if you can help me :lol: . Btw. if anybody needs to have a copy of recovery image (08.03.67) I can post it at rapidshare to download (just to payback for using this forum :p ). Just e-mail me on d_bahnxxxx(at)hotmailxxxx.com (removed xxxx). May I write it in the forum :?: ? if not I will remove it immediately according to the guideline here from.

Hi Olistudent,
When I compare the install file from the images
- FritzBox Fon Version 06.03.62 EN
- FritzBox Fon ATA Version 11.03.64 EN
Only these firmwares allow the support for RFC1483 in bridging mode, which means allowing all kind of DSL connections like your attached picture.
How you get/use it on a DE version? Is these code lines a hidden feature on a DE version :wink: ?
I don't fear to brick my unit to take a try, but before I do it I need to know that it is possible to do or I'm just a dreamer
- Is the FBF the same unit like FBF WLan except no WLan in the older FBF?
- Migrate the install file from 08.03.67 firmware to 06.03.62 to bypass the installation checks so now I have the 08.03.67 install file on a 06.03.62 firmware.
- Tar these to an image to update by web interface.
- If it is succeeded then I update again with the real firmware (08.03.67) so here I'm back to the 08.03.67 version with a mix of German and English, but it's OK so long I have the possibility to use FritxBox as an ordinary router (like Linksys, Dlink, etc.)

Can it go :idea: ? Thanks for your reply in forehand.

Hi.
I copied the sites out of the ATA-Firmware in my WLAN-Firmware.
No, this will not work.
What setting do you want? birdged, routed, nlpid, snap, raw???

MfG Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Just have it like an ordinary router for my friend, so he doesn't need to have an extra router like me. Also only one router to handle both internet and voip. Here in DK the router must accept all kind of DSL connections (PPPOE, dynamic and static IP provided by DSL provider)

Sorry, I must formulate my need again. In DK is the DSL connection typically made by RFC 1483. That why if the Fon WLan can make used of it , it will be a very comprehensive router to deal with :wink: .
Like I said before, I have just tried to downgrade the unit and almost brick it. Lucky me I can revive it by recover tool :) .

1. Got a old firmware 08.03.14 from Poland; here no check about OEM string. Merge the install file from 08.03.67 to this (bypassed the version check) and tar the image to update by web interface. No luck because it was still an DE version :evil: .
2. Again merge the install file to a 06.03.62 EN firmware and update again. The power light lit on steadily and no LAN connection
3. Recover it first time and get an error (not completely recovered - bad block md0) :evil:
4. Recover it second time and the mission completed successfully. The router is revived :roll: .
I realize at it didn't work like I thought. Bad experiment.

The problem is that I don't know if the Fritz configures correctly even if you change this in the webinterface...

MfG Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Thank you for sharing of your experience :p . It shows the DSL connection by RFC 1483 is on std. firmware 08.03.67, 08.03.73 too. It is a hidden feature activated only when making a change in config.def file (isATA 0->1).
But how can the change make permenantly, here I must need your advice :shock: . Anytime when the router must be rebootet then the file rolls back to std. configuration and again these options are disappeared on the web interface :oops: .
Thank you again.

Hi.
You have to write this in your debug.cfg:
Code:
sed -i -e 's/isAta 0/isAta 1/g' /var/config.def
MfG Oliver

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.