[Problem] Cannot revert firmware in any way on 7340

mthibaut

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

After reading all the FAQs and information I could find, I still am not able to install my custom freetz image on my 7340. It currently has a multi-annex 99.05.05. I am unable to install the freetz image (based on 99.04.90), or downgrade to AVM's 99.04.90 directly.

I've tried runKernel, followed all the procedures, tried using wireshark to detect any traffic on the wire that could be an indication of what I'm seeing, to no avail. Mediasensing is off. No virus/... software is active. There is simply no traffic on the wire that would indicate the box is alive at any time before it starts using its configured (non-ADAM2) ip address.

I am about to consider this 7340 box a write off :(. Is there *any* way to get a custom firmware on this thing?

After booting into linux and restarting the Fritz a few times, I was not able to see any evidence of the box exhibiting any TCP/IP traffic on any other address than the configured default gateway address of 192.168.1.1.

Does anyone know what I'm *supposed* to see? I'm assuming that there is some kind of FTP server available during boot, which would allow upgrading the kernel. I'm assuming that the booting Fritz would somehow announce its IP address using an ARP flood, perhaps followed by a Windows NMBD election - this might explain some of the FAQs concerning switching on LMHOSTS on the Windows machine.

Can anyone help?

Arg! It works if you use LAN2. LAN1 will consistently fail.

Can you update the docs?

Thanks!
maarten

Can you please repeat? I did not unterstand the cause of the error.

n.b. The trunk does support the actual 05.05 firmware. If you are willing to experiment.

Regards
Oliver

Ah, now I got it. You can't recover the 7340 over LAN 1? Very suspicous...

Correct. LAN2 works, LAN1 does not. No troubles encountered since I found the problem.

I will try out the 05.05 on the trunk asap!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.