Change fritz.box domain

cybermaus

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
5 Mai 2008
Beiträge
104
Punkte für Reaktionen
2
Punkte
18
Hi all

does anyone know how I can change the default host/domain from "fritz.box" to something else?

Thanks
 
check:
internet - zugangsdaten - verbindungseinstellungen - dhcp hostname
internet - access settings - connection settings - dhcp hostname
 
Thanks for the answer. I can read German BTW (and speak it), its just I do not want to write it, I would make too many spelling mistakes.

The value you refer to is the external host name fritz uses for getting an external IP address. I meant the implicit internal hostname for the local DNS lookup, and more importantly, the local suffix it assigns to all other local clients.

I guess if I would use Freetz, and replace the DNS with DNSMASQ, I could change it there, but I was hoping to be able to change it on an as clean as possible Fritz.

Edit: Thanks sf3978
(I started typing the answer before noon, and only submitted after, so I did not see your reply yet)
Makes sense, just use the hostname command. Thanks.
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,929
Beiträge
2,305,736
Mitglieder
378,662
Neuestes Mitglied
sanahosseini8