Configuring Webstar EPX2203 cable modem for SIP

AndyPandy

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
As my german is quite bad, I hope you don't mind asking in english:

I'm trying to understand if I can use my Webstar EPX2203 cable modem from Scientific Atlanta for VoIP. However, when reading the manual it just states that the modem finds the provider automatically, whereas my provider states that I need to configure the modem with the right SIP-server and so on. Is this possible? How do I do this? (The data sheet for the modem states that there is a web based configuration tool, but strangely there are no instructions how to access this tool.)

(Recently I changed service provider from one who provides telephony directly to one who doesn't. Instead I have to use a third party provider, and thus I need to configure the modem.)

wrong software

usually, the epx2203 have a voip-software that support mgcp. if you want to use sip, you need another software on you modem.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.