[Frage] Factory reset FritzBox 6490

bttd

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi!

I'm looking for a solution to factory reset fritzbox 6490 modem. It is possible trough ftp with adam2 login? With overwrite some of the partition with an empty file, or generate factory default image and upload it like firmware upgrade?

With overwrite some of the partition with an empty file
You should abandon this idea asap. Some bootloader versions are known to react indignantly, if their TFFS partitions are empty.

But you may overwrite these partitions with your own, user-generated TFFS image containing the proper environment settings.

Try to search for "eva_get_environment" and "build_tffs_image" (two scripts from my GitHub repository: https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFritz/tree/master/tffs) to find a description, how to use these scripts.

Possibly/probably these explanations are available only in German, but there are various opportunities to translate a description to a language, you're able to read and understand.

Reaktionen: bttd
Try to search for "eva_get_environment" and "build_tffs_image" (two scripts from my GitHub repository: https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFritz/tree/master/tffs ) to find out how to use these scripts.

Possibly / probably these explanations are available only in German, but there are various opportunities to translate to a language, you're ready to read and understand.

I find this post:
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/6490-ohne-ansprechbaren-bootloader.303402/#post-2328365

I won't have the name table, where can I get it? I try to run dissect_tffs_dump but it won't work.

If I set my fritz to factory default, then download env and count, and tffs name table. Than generate the img file like int the post, I can reset my fritz to the current state anytime I want, if I flash the generated image to mtd3 and mtd4?
If I want to reset another fritzbox, I need to create a new img with proper mac addresses in the env file?

My first goal with this is to reset the fritzbox without dialing a reset number or reset from the web interface, where I need to confirm the factory reset with dialing code into the phone or press physical button.

My second goal was, to save the current configuration. Like I don't use the live tv function, so I disable it. Save the configuration and reset the modem to this state anytime, just by flashing the partition from adam2.

Thanks guys!

Now I can build the image and flash it. Only one thing won't work with this. I want to turn off the live tv function by default in this image, because with this function enabled only 16 DS bonding instead of 24.

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Häuslebauer_BW
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.