[Problem] FB 7240 issues

loplo

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
17 Sep 2009
Beiträge
11
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
1
Hi guys!

I'm having the some issues with my FB.
My configuration now: cable modem - 7240 internet via "Anschluss an ein Kabelmodem (Kabelanschluss)" via LAN1. Internet connection: Download: 30Mbit/s. Upload: 1,5Mbit/s. from netcologne.
My configuration until yesterday: cable modem - Netgear WNR2000 router and wifi - 7240 as switch via LAN1 and wifi. Same internet connection as above.

I wanted to switch off one of the wifi's and still keep the SIP accounts I have, so I've removed the Netgear, set the 7240 as router in the system. Since then the problems have started.
The download speed via wifi has dropped to 8Mbit, max 10. while on wired PC connection the speed is 30Mbit. The upload is 1Mbit on both wired and wifi. The speed was ok wile using the netgear as gateway. Wifi speed via netgear and fb was always fast ~30Mbit.

In the FB at the "Übertragungsgeschwindigkeit" I've set for the Upstream 1024 and for the Downstream 30720. The Wlan settings are set to: "Funkkanal-Einstellungen anpassen", WLAN-Standard: 802.11n+b+g, Funkkanal to Autokanal, "WLAN-Autokanal inklusive Kanal 12/13" is checked, "Für 300 Mbit/s optimierte Funkkanäle nutzen" is checked, "Sendeleistung automatisch auf den tatsächlichen Bedarf verringern" unchecked, "Maximale Sendeleistung" is 100%, "WLAN-Übertragung für IPTV-Anwendungen optimieren" is unchecked.
I've also tried using "Funkkanal-Einstellungen automatisch setzen (empfohlen)" but no joy.

What I did, was to set the router back to factory settings and redo everything, not before saving my settings.
The Wifi issues did not disappear and this time I'be become much bigger problems. I was not able to pair my DECT phones with the router.
So I've decided to play back the previous configuration, hoping to keep at least the DECT phones working and using the wifi at reduced speed. After a few minutes of stress, the FB started working with the old settings, DECT was OK, the wifi working at reduced power.

Does anyone have any ideas what's the problem over here? What could I do to use the full speed of the wifi.
I'm still willing to do some research after setting back the FB to factory settings, but the most important thing would be the functionality of the DECT. Maybe someone could tell me if it is possible to save some part of the config file, exported with FBEditor, and paste it into the factory restored FB. Is it dangerous to do? Could I brick my FB this way?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sorry for writing in EN, but I could not explain this in German.
 
Too many issues at a time. :) If you consider the WLAN speed not sufficient with only the Fritzbox 7240, then leave the Netgear in your network.
Btw I would use quite the opposite of your WLAN settings: WLAN-Standard: 802.11n only, Funkkanal fixed to 1, 6 or 11, depending on other WLAN stations in your surroundings, and "Für 300 Mbit/s optimierte Funkkanäle nutzen" unchecked.
 
Thanks for the fast reply.

There's no way to use 802.11n only. I can select n+g, n+a and n+g+b. If selecting n+a I'm getting a pop-up telling me that the freq is changing from 2.4GHz to 5GHz. Here the channels are from 36 to 136 but my laptop is not compatible.
On n+g I've tried the manual channel settings but no joy. Even with the laptop at 1m from the router, the speed is not getting higher than 10Mbit.

The spectrum is pretty crowded here, I've checked with inSSIDer and I can see at least 15 networks.

Any ideas regarding the DECT? Is there a way to take the DECT settings from FBEditor?
 
I've put the Netgear behind the FB via LAN, disabled the WiFi on the FB and I'm using the Netgear as AP.
WiFi speed is back to "normal", download working with 30Mibt.
The issue with the DECT is still unsolved.
Anyone?
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,927
Beiträge
2,305,515
Mitglieder
378,653
Neuestes Mitglied
M.CH.