[Problem] Fritz 7170 damaged during firmware update, no leds at all

ramik

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I bought from ebay last week, at a very cheap price, a Fritz 7170 (avm 04047 Edition F) that was sold as damaged: the seller said the power went off during a firmware update, and now when I connect it there is absolutely no leds at all, no signals of the fritz turning on.

is it completely damaged? is it a burnt component? I tried a different power supply but same result. or the main boot loader is damaged and I can fix it with jtag?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
This is just the power supply. What else did you get?

No, I got the whole box: the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170 Edition F, Black color, the with red lan cable, the Y adsl cable, power supply, phone plugs.

my question is:
if the ADAM2 bootloader is damaged, will it behave like what I have now or will just enter infinite loop boot with random blinking leds?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
If the box is dead, the only way is to trash it or send it to AVM in Berlin for repair. If the box is not older than 5 years, they should fix/replace it.

If you do get some sign of life from it, you can try flashing it with RuKernelTool here.

Good luck!

I don't think RMA is my way: It's the Freenet german AnnexB model (Article number: 2000 2333) and I live in italy, No way to have a receipt for it.

Maybe my only way is to leave it as spare parts, anyway, I got it for just ¤15.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.