Fritz!Box Fon Wlan 2000:1665 AnnexA and USB problem

blackbile

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
1. I installed an Annex-A firmware but it cant syncronize to DSL provider?! Why?
08.04.49 English firmware

2. How can I reach the web interface if I connected my computer via USB to the Fritz? I can use the internet but I cant reach the webpage fritz.box, neither 192.168.178.1 (PC has DHCP)
DSL Splitter-DSL modem-Fritz-USB-PC

Thank you

Which annex and fw was your box before you changed to Annex A and English 04.49? How (which method used) did you do the switch to annex a? Did the box syncronize before these changes? Is the box connected directly to your DSL - or through another router or do you have a cable provider for your internet? Can try to reach the box through "169.254.1.1" or "192.168.178.254". If this does not work you can do a reset to factory settings connecting an analog telephone to one of the analog jacks and dial #991*15901590*.
You will not be able to reach your FB via USB because this is only possible if you installed BEFORE the special USB program from AVM - and even then it happens only more or less accidentally (my own experience). You can try to reach the interface through WLan using the mentioned IP's.
There are a variety of more reasons. The more exact your description is of what was the situation of your box before and what you exactly did the more likely are the chances you can find help here.

Hello, here it is my details:

Which annex and fw was your box before you changed to Annex A and English 04.49?
- I had AnnexB line before yesterday (I asked my ISP to change because of poor line quality -> was low speed), and I had a 08.04.49. AnnexB avme English firmware

How (which method used) did you do the switch to annex a?
- Started recovery exe -> failed to run -> ftp 192.168.178.1 adam2/adam2
SETENV HWRevision 66
SETENV annex A
bye -> fritz.box_fon_wlan.annexa.en.04.49.recover-image.exe
After this I see in the fritz.box webpage that it is Annex A, but could not syncronize - I think, because the power LED blinking 4-5times 2 short blinks and then nothing happen - LED is dark, dont blink and dont light.

However I tried to make a firmware update with this file: fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar but the result was the same.

I made an inspection just for fun - I tried to use this file:fritz.box_fon_wlan.annexa.en.04.26.recover-image.exe and after it was an error of course (not the right firmware) I ftp in again and adam2/adam2 and I saw that my Firtz sais that it is a HWRevision: 61 and annex: B

Did the box syncronize before these changes?
- Yes, of course with the AnnexB line before the change.

Is the box connected directly to your DSL - or through another router or do you have a cable provider for your internet?
- Fritz connected directly, and I have ADSL line.

Can try to reach the box through "169.254.1.1" or "192.168.178.254".
- Now I can reach "169.254.1.1".

Meanwhile I could not use Fritz with AnnexA line, I use the ISP's modem and I connected to the Fritz's LAN to the modem LAN and Fritz's USB to PC's USB. But now there is internet connection but there is not telephony.
I dont know how to set the
Internet/Account information/Connection settings ?!
As you can see it is my second problem, question.

[Edit Novize: Grausam großes und langsames Bild aus dem Beitrag entfernt. Nutzt doch bitte den Anhang (Erweiterter Editor)]
Link: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/081024/capture_24102008_200134_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

You will not be able to reach your FB via USB because this is only possible if you installed BEFORE the special USB program from AVM - and even then it happens only more or less accidentally (my own experience).
- Yes, it is my experience too.

ZSolt

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
To make a "B"-box work with an "A" line the only thing that has to be done is to change the working mode of the modem. A box "born" as "B" will always remain "annex b". The important is not the "annex" but the feature "kernel_args annex". This is the modem mode.

So -supposing your box had english interface before- start again and a lot less sophisticated do the following: Upload recover-fw 04.49 for annex b from avm server. After that change the modem mode to "a" uploading TELEFONICUS file "fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar" (disregard any warning and the final error message). Take off the box from power for a few minutes and start it again DIRECTLY on your DSL (change your internet connection settings and operating mode accordingly).

It will either work (if your line is good enough) or not (in case of poor quality line >dsl signal). The box will by no means work with fw 04.49 BEHIND another modem or router - it is not able to get the signal in through LAN! This problem is described in various threads in this forum and I experienced it myself either.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The fact that I bought this box from ebay.de 2 years ago and I had to change the german language to english. I dont remember that it was originally an AnnexA or annexB???

I try your first idea.

2. I dont really understand this:
"The box will by no means work with fw 04.49 BEHIND another modem or router - it is not able to get the signal in through LAN! This problem is described in various threads in this forum and I experienced it myself either."

It is work now by USB behind a modem! But it has no telephone...

imagomundi!

You are a gentleman, thanks for your help: IT IS WORKING.

Yes, I did you wrote, AnnexB recover image, then upload kernel_args and viola :groesste:

Problem 1.
The DSL's speed is less than the Comtrend's CT-5071 what I got from my ISP... so I'm happy and sad too...

Comtrend 6800kb
Fritz 4600kb

Is it true that the 7270 has the best modem?

Problem 2.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/081024/capture_24102008_214443_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
why I cant change anything???

Problem 3.

Is there any possibility to change back / downgrade before 04.49?
Is it possible anyway to use Fritz after an adsl modem?
If yes, then how do I have to set up the box to work over USB ?

ZSolt

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The DSL's speed is less than the Comtrend's CT-5071 what I got from my ISP... so I'm happy and sad too...

Comtrend 6800kb
Fritz 4600kb

Is it true that the 7270 has the best modem?

There' s a word in German that best describes the FB: It is an "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" - try to explain: is an animal that
- puts eggs
- gives wool
- gives milk
and finally gives (pork)meat

Your comtrend or any other modem/router is only putting eggs or giving milk and so on. Of course the milk from a cow that only gives milk will always have better quality than the milk from those "combined animal".

It is my own experience that the 7270 modem is better than that of any other FB - I compared it with FBF, FBFWLan, 7050, 7150 and 7170. They all show more or less the same figures - only the 7270 is very different (better).

I don't understand what your port forwarding for voip means and why you do that. Of course I know that these are the ports for voice in and out - but for internet telephony you do not have to configure anything there. Simply connect an analog telephone to the FB's analog jack and configure a provider's data on the corresponding page in the interface - and if you got internet signal you will be able to do calls by internet.

Problem 3.

Is there any possibility to change back / downgrade before 04.49?
Is it possible anyway to use Fritz after an adsl modem?
If yes, then how do I have to set up the box to work over USB ?

You can rather easily downgrade to 04.34 German - to the next English fw which is 04.26 I consider it too difficult. Big changes came at around fw ...30 where avm changed the Linux kernel and installed a whole new distribution of the flash memory area (mtd).
Use of FB behind an adsl modem with fw. 04.49 is NOT possible using the only LAN port - with 04.34 (German) yes it would be possible.
If you go back to German 04.34 you will be able to upload an avm file that allows USB port to function similar to a LAN port = to connect another PC. But as I said this is very inestable. So if you choose this alternative I would recommend you to connect your PC through the FB's WLan.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
:groesste:

You can rather easily downgrade to 04.34 German
- Can I ask how?

Use of FB behind an adsl modem with fw. 04.49 is NOT possible using the only LAN port - with 04.34 (German) yes it would be possible.
- Maybe I dont really understand: it is working with USB for me, I have internet connection, but there is not telephone (I dont know how I have to set the Lan, which IP address of what device)... that is what you spoke about?!

If you go back to German 04.34 you will be able to upload an avm file that allows USB port to function similar to a LAN port = to connect another PC.
- Witch avm file?

So if you choose this alternative I would recommend you to connect your PC through the FB's WLan.
How the telephone will work in this situation?

Thanky you: Zsolt

Summing up:

1. your hardware configuration as I understand: FBFWLan connected directly to your dsl - your PC connected to Fritz' USB - what about Fritz' LAN connector? no use?

2. a) Your main problem is that you cannot make internet (and landline?) telephone calls, right?
b) Your second problem is dsl speed when FRITZ connects directly to dsl?

to give you an answer to 2a: show me your settings on internet telephony page of the interface

2b: if your solution for speed is to connect FB behind a modem/router (i.e. Comtrend) you will have to pass dsl signal connecting router to FB LAN connector - this DOES NOT work with fw 04.49!!!! this is a bug in the fw!!! But it will work with German 04.34!

You will first have to decide if you prefer to continue with ENGLISH fw 04.49 (with NO possibility to use FB behind modem) or go back to German 04.34 (NO possibility to downgrade easily to an English fw higher than 04.30 -latest English fw before 04.49 ist 04.26 to downgrade to this is VERY difficult!!)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
1. your hardware configuration as I understand: FBFWLan connected directly to your dsl - your PC connected to Fritz' USB - what about Fritz' LAN connector? no use?
*** No, FBF' LAN connected to DSL modem, and the PC to the FBF' USB. And it is working, I have internet connection!!! But I have not got neither internet nor landline calls.

2. a) Your main problem is that you cannot make internet (and landline?) telephone calls, right?
*** Yes.

b) Your second problem is dsl speed when FRITZ connects directly to dsl?
*** Yes.

to give you an answer to 2a: show me your settings on internet telephony page of the interface
*** Later.

2b: if your solution for speed is to connect FB behind a modem/router (i.e. Comtrend) you will have to pass dsl signal connecting router to FB LAN connector - this DOES NOT work with fw 04.49!!!! this is a bug in the fw!!! But it will work with German 04.34!
*** It is working for me with fw 04.49.

You will first have to decide if you prefer to continue with ENGLISH fw 04.49 (with NO possibility to use FB behind modem) or go back to German 04.34 (NO possibility to downgrade easily to an English fw higher than 04.30 -latest English fw before 04.49 ist 04.26 to downgrade to this is VERY difficult!!)
*** Ok, method to downgrade to German 04.34

Excellent! I see your only problem is telephony - will come back later to you - no more time at this moment.

... It is working for me with fw 04.49.
This is not possible! As imagomundi already told you: FW 08.04.49 has a bug; it does not work in mode "Internet via LAN1"!
Your FB does not really work, it only seems to do!
I'm afraid, you connected the modem/router to FB LAN socket without changing the FB configuration! Your FB is still in mode "Internet via DSL". Am I right?
In that case LAN and USB at the FB make a short circuit and your PC is connected directly to your modem/router, with the FB not present in your web!
That's the reason why you have Internet access, but no phone function!
The FB is not involved in the Internet access, your PC behaves as directly connected to the modem/router.

In order to be successful, you have to downgrade to german 08.04.34 and to follow the recommendations given by imagomundi.

Posting 1:

Excellent! I see your only problem is telephony - will come back later to you - no more time at this moment.

I wait for you this evening...

Downgrade to 08.04.34. German, hoW?

Posting 2:

Your FB is still in mode "Internet via DSL".[/b] Am I right?

In order to be successful, you have to downgrade to german 08.04.34 and to follow the recommendations given by imagomundi.

1. At the moment I think I set to Internet via LAN ... I will try it again the evening...

2. He didnot tell me how to downgrade... to 08.04.34 German.

Posting 3:

Guys, is it possible to be an Annex-A FBF 7270????

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Posting 1:

He did not tell me how to downgrade ...
But he (imagomundi) promised to tell you soon ...
Meanwhile you should use the search function in the forum - the procedure is described repeatedly, also in english.
But be careful! You may damage your FB if not!
Posting 2:

Guys, is it possible to be an Annex-A FBF 7270?
Yeah, it is.
But this question is off topic! Use the search function, it is described elsewhere.
Posting 3:

... I think I set to Internet via LAN ...
FW 08.04.49 works in mode "Internet via LAN" only settled as "IP-Client" - and this is of no use for you, at the moment.
Check your configuration and let us know ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Thanks, you are right.

But Ich bin ungeduldig... ;)

"08.04.49 works in mode "Internet via LAN" only settled as "IP-Client"" what does it mean in practically?

ZSolt
Posting 2:
el_valiente
"Internet via LAN"
at the moment I have a Splitter-DSL modem-FBF Lan-FBF USB-PC, yes as you can see I have internet, and of course as you said I cant login in to the FBF webpage.
I tried:
http://169.254.1.1
http://192.168.178.254

Posting 3:
Latest news: I have 08.04.34 german fw on my FBF.

Posting 4:
Splitter-DSL modem LAN-FBF LAN-FBF USB-PC USB -> I have NOT internet !!!
What do I have to set in the FBF to use with USB?
Here is my settings: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/081026/capture_26102008_223513_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Latest news: I have 08.04.34 german fw on my FBF.
Congratulation! Now you can use the FB in mode "Internet via LAN".

I have seen in your first posts that you have a Comtrend CT-5071. This device is not only modem, but modem and router in one box!

In order to correctly use the FB behind the CT-5071 you must do the following:
- set the CT-5071 router to "bridged" or "transparent" (no DHCP - see the CT-5071 manual)
- set FB to "Internetzugang über LAN 1"
- set FB to "Internetverbindung selbst aufbauen (NAT-Router mit PPPoE oder IP)"
- set FB to "Zugangsdaten werden benötigt (PPPoE)"
- type in "user name" and "password" as given by your Internet provider

- The FB will build your private web, with IP-pool 192.168.178.xxx, as usual
- You can access the FB via 192.168.178.1, fritz.box, or 169.254.1.1, as usual
- You can connect PCs via USB and via WLAN (up to 254 PCs)

If you need more information, see [post=1171756]here[/post] and the following posts.

@Novize: Sorry, wird nicht wieder vorkommen

:groesste:

I just want to say all of you: THANK YOU:
It is working, I have internet via USB. (Interesting: better download speed, lower upload speed)

Question: how do I have to setting up the internettelefonie? I dont understand german language. I need Hungarian settings... 00,36,06,27 etc.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.