[Gelöst] Fritzbox 7340 dead. After upgrade only the power led blinks.

Melchior

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,

For my fritzbox 7340 I compiled a new Freetz image. This time I also selected the experimental features to delete the VOIP-ISDN files.

From within the Freetz interface with browser chrome and wireless, I performed the firmware upgrade.

After the reboot, now only the power led only blinks (green, with DSL connected).

I think the router is now dead, as now even the network is not functioning to be able to use a recovery image.

Would there still be a possibility to revive my Fritzbox? For example, by JTAG?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
make a recovery - have a look at signatur

make a recovery - have a look at signatur

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that there is no network connection. If I connect my pc to a working router, the light lits up at the back of my pc indicating there is a network connection.

If I connect my pc to the Fritzbox 7340 the light does not lit, neither LAN 1 nor LAN 2 (on Fritzbox 7340).

So I think I can not recover by network.

Or did I overlook something?

Hi,
So I think I can not recover by network.
that's wrong. The Recovery-Programm only needs LAN to connect to the Box when it starts, independently of whether the LED's at the box shine or not!

Look at the Instruction, klickme

Hi,that's wrong. The Recovery-Programm only needs LAN to connect to the Box when it starts, independently of whether the LED's at the box shine or not!

Look at the Instruction, klickme

It worked! I knew about this recovery possibility, but I thought it would be of no use in this case.

Strange thing though is that I first tried it with the pc connected to LAN1 on the Fritzbox, but even after 5 'lines' of trying, it didnt find the Fritzbox.

After I disconnected the cable and tried LAN2, it did find the Fritzbox and the Fritxbox was recovered.

Congratulations!

BtW, set the Thread to "Gelöst". How: "Beitrag bearbeiten/Erweitert/Thread-Präfix at the Top! Thx! ;)

Congratulations!

BtW, set the Thread to "Gelöst". How: "Beitrag bearbeiten/Erweitert/Thread-Präfix at the Top! Thx! ;)

It is not quite 'Gelöst' unfortunately, although without Freetz it works fine now.

The problem is that even if I put a minimal image of Freetz on the Fritzbox it stops working and I need to recover it again.

What could be the problem now? Should I do a distclean or dirclean or what?

FYI: I did choose language and Annex A and let it reboot. Also I choose internet via LAN1 and this worked as well. But everytime I put whatever Freetz image on it, it fails.

Edit: Also, a minute ago, I connected dsl cable and made good connection to ISP. So that functions as well.

I have also done a distclean and a dirclean and am building a new Freetz 7340 trunk image without changes to the rest of the checkmarks.

Edit: A minimal trunk image also killed the router. So I had to recover it one more time.

What could I do to change this?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,

that is another Question that will have to do with Freetz. Therefor it is better to post it at the Freetz-Area, pls.

It is dead again. I can't seem to revive it with the recovery procedure now.

Now it says:

Searching Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7340 at 192.168.178.1
One system found! - Detecting the current version.
Version successfully detected!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7340
Bootstrap: 1947
Firmware: 99.05.05
FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7340 firmware is incompatible with the recovery firmware

This happened after trying to put a new image on the Fritzbox with Firmware uploader http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=220397

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Vielen dank. Es klappt nicht gleich. Ich muss bestimmt etwas mehr lesen.

Rukerneltool sieht der Fritzbox nicht....

It could see the Fritzbox after all. It was because I have two yellow patch cables (do the math)...

Also, there seems to be ein unterschied zwischen Löschen und Lösen :)

The Fritzbox is recovered now with the official image.

Flashing it with even a minimal trunk image renders it bricked again.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Brainbanger
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.