Hardware problem: phones don't ring

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
31 Mai 2006
Beiträge
123
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hello,

I bought an extra Fritz!box 7050 on eBay (secondhand). Everything is working well, except that the analog phones don't ring when they should ring. They just make a short beep, and that's it (the settings are ok, it is a hardware defect).

I think that the tone generator in my Fritz!box is broken (a ringing analog phone needs about 50 V AC I thought?). Did anyone else experienced this problem? Can it be solved easily?

Thanks!
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Are those older phones? There is a problem with older phones which need higher ringing voltage. Or did you connect more then one phone parallely to one Fon-port?
 
Marsupilami schrieb:
Are those older phones? There is a problem with older phones which need higher ringing voltage. Or did you connect more then one phone parallely to one Fon-port?

I tried several phones, the result is always the same. And if I connect these phones to another 7050, then they are working well...


I heard that AVM is offering 5 years of warranty on the 7050? So probably I can have it fixed by them? Although I am not sure if I can do that from Belgium...

Thanks for your reply!
 
If they are working with another 7050 and the same phones, cables and so on, it really seems to be a hardware problem. Contact AVM support. 5 years warranty is correct.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,928
Beiträge
2,305,569
Mitglieder
378,653
Neuestes Mitglied
M.CH.